Reporter on Carnival's first sailing (article)

3 hours ago, pe4all said:

Correct.  The only way to enforce this while on the ship is to have some sort of wristband -lets say green for those vaccinated, red for those not. Having a visual identifier will piss some off - but at least we would know who is following the rules, and who is not. Having it on the sail and sign cards will work when getting off at a port as they will be flagged, but not while on the ship.  

I can see that, but no one who was on the original sailing post Covid commented about any kind of identification. Other than you can see if someone is too young to be vaccine eligible, it does not seem that they did anything to differentiate between the vaccinated and the unvaccinated.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, TooManyWakeUpsTilWeSail said:

I’d just as soon not see massless folks with red armbands or anything that obvious.  I’m on vacation & would not want to see Carnival EEs or other tourists playing traffic cops.

Totally understand your feelings.  Many all-inclusive resorts use wristbands to differentiate guests.  On NCL you get a wristband if you purchase their Vibe area.  Disney has magic bands resort guests wear.  On Carnival guests under 12 get muster bands they wear during the cruise and must keep on at all times.  I would never expect any CCL passenger to play "traffic cop" to another guest.  But I would make sure that guest wasn't breathing down my neck if I saw them flaunting the rules.

Edited by pe4all

On 7/17/2021 at 4:53 PM, pe4all said:

Correct.  The only way to enforce this while on the ship is to have some sort of wristband -lets say green for those vaccinated, red for those not. Having a visual identifier will piss some off - but at least we would know who is following the rules, and who is not. Having it on the sail and sign cards will work when getting off at a port as they will be flagged, but not while on the ship.  

There is no problem with the few unvaccinated on board if you are vaccinated.  The people that should worry are the unvaccinated being around other unvaccinated.  And most of the 5 percent has to be children.  We are hoping that they include some younger kids as my granddaughter is a year shy of being eligible and is coming with us for a Christmas cruise.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, mredandchis said:

There is no problem with the few unvaccinated on board if you are vaccinated.  The people that should worry are the unvaccinated being around other unvaccinated.  And most of the 5 percent has to be children.  We are hoping that they include some younger kids as my granddaughter is a year shy of being eligible and is coming with us for a Christmas cruise.

There are always people who will worry about everything.  They will worry that the few unvaccinated adults might not wear a mask.  They will worry that people will produce fake vaccination cards.  They will worry about all kinds of things.  Either people trust Carnival to run a safe cruise or they don't.  If they don't, then waiting until next year might be a good option.  

I don't know how some people even go grocery shopping with such constant worry about being anywhere near an unvaccinated person, but they are everywhere.  On planes, buses, at stores.  Everywhere.  There might be a few unvaccinated adults on a cruise.  So few that flying to the cruise port would present a greater risk to the worriers.

• Like 3