New to Celebrity

cmerun

Does Celebrity require use of app to do all pre Cruise check in and providing documentation required for sailing?

Or: is it possible to do it online from your computer

Thanks

Yep. We tried on our PC several weeks ago and got to the waiver page and it stalled. Called Celebrity for help and ended up using the app on my cell phone to complete the process. The agent told us Celebrity is trying encourage everyone to use an app. For those who don't have a cell phone Celebrity will apparently do the check-in for them.

10 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I'm not an App kinda of guy.  I guess I'll need to evolve.

I don't like cluttering my phone with aps that I hardly use.  There has to be another way.

23 minutes ago, 4774Papa said:

I don't like cluttering my phone with aps that I hardly use.  There has to be another way.

The other way is, delete it after each sailing...

bon voyage

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, 4774Papa said:

Most cell phones let you create folders. I have one for a number of travel apps I only use a few times a year. That eliminates a lot of potential clutter on your screen and makes finding any one of these apps very quick and easy when travelling or planning travel.

If you have an iPhone, you can "offload" an app while retaining the data and any related documents. Later, if you reinstall the app, your data is placed back in the app. I never use this because I prefer the folder approach, but it's an alternative to a full deletion.

9 hours ago, Torfamm said:

What ship? The app doesn’t support all ships, at least not yet.

I believe that all the Celebrity ships currently sailing with passengers are supported by the app.

My question is, since they are moving things to be done preferentially on the app (e.g., check-in, muster drill, etc.), are they also spending the current downtime getting the app to support the rest of the ships, or are we still going to be waiting on the now-further-postponed Revolution on each?

38 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Most cell phones let you create folders. I have one for a number of travel apps I only use a few times a year. That eliminates a lot of potential clutter on your screen and makes finding any one of these apps very quick and easy when travelling or planning travel.

If you have an iPhone, you can "offload" an app while retaining the data and any related documents. Later, if you reinstall the app, your data is placed back in the app. I never use this because I prefer the folder approach, but it's an alternative to a full deletion.

Fouremco,

Thank you, I acquired a used IPhone a couple of months ago and still some more to learn about using it full.  Someone advised me to use folders to keep personal information.

20 minutes ago, 4774Papa said:

Fouremco,

Thank you, I acquired a used IPhone a couple of months ago and still some more to learn about using it full.  Someone advised me to use folders to keep personal information.

I have many different folders. My only problem is categorizing some apps and deciding which of a couple of different folders to put them in. Have fun!

• Like 1

Our  Android phones and tablet are too old to accept the app.

We can check in online from home computer,  if they still let you do that....but anything past that will have to be at the port by X.  Pre Covid, we had no issues doing that for our EDGE cruises. They must realize that many of us are lo tech!