Antigen Testing For Those Returning To The USA and PCR Testing For Those Returning Canada

Keith1010

Let's begin with Canada residents.

If you require PCR testing I asked and can only  come up with two options.

At your stop at Exuma there is a place just right across from the tender pier which does PCR testing and no appointments needed.  See the Concierge and they  can give you precise directions.  The cost is $250.00 per person.  This is what we would have paid at home to places that get you results within 24 hours.  I didn't ask but I would bring cash (USA) just in case as I know from my reading many places in the Bahamas do not take Credit Cards.  

Second option for those who have flexible air is to stay at a post cruise hotel such as those at Baha Mar which do PCR testing.  

We took our  Antigen  Test today.  This  is what we did.  Others do other things  so no right or wrong.

First thing which you want to do  as I say often is get your test vouchers on thee Bahama Travel and Health Website.  You  can print them off as we did or save to a smart advice or both.  Crystal Scans the code information and links it their web site and performs the test and in 15 minutes we had the results via e-mail with a smiley face.  I first went to print out the e-mails at Computer University but then when I went to the Verifly app it was having trouble with the photo I took to upload.  So I went to The Bahama site for each of us, under test results opened it and save the results to my computer.  I sent myself an e-mail and included results for Anne Marie and myself, went down to the Computer University, opened thee attachments and  printed them out.  From there back in our room opened the Verifly app took the photo of them and Verifly approved each one.   Also with copies of the test results should we have a iPhone malfunction we will show this to the ticket agent.

In closing I know some of you might just save results to your smart phone or tablet or whatever but this is what I did.  I am not posting this for someone to say they did it differently.

And for those from Canada you might not like the information I provided so please do not shoot the messenger but I hope it helps you.

Keith

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Keith1010 changed the title to Antigen Testing For Those Returning To The USA and PCR Testing For Those Returning Canada

In Crystal Clean+ in the Medical Center tab, it says:

"Medical Centers will be equipped to perform Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) Point of Care testing."

Whether Canadians and relevant others will be allowed to utilize this service for travel purposes, I have no idea.

50 minutes ago, TER777 said:

In Crystal Clean+ in the Medical Center tab, it says:

"Medical Centers will be equipped to perform Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) Point of Care testing."

Whether Canadians and relevant others will be allowed to utilize this service for travel purposes, I have no idea.

I am afraid it is not possible and I confirmed this before posting with those who would know and what I posted is how some Canadians dealt with this on the first voyage.

Keith

Hi Keith. I’m not understanding the VeriFLY process for AA. I do not have a screen anywhere that allows me to enter the antigen test results for return to the USA. The only choice is A Trip to the Bahamas, nothing for return. Will AA accept the email test result sent to us on our phones after our Crystal antigen test?

Thanks Keith.our airline cancelled our flight so we have to stay for 4 nights at a resort and will get test there. Annoying as we could fly  the day after but not enough time to get the test.oh well, a few more days in paradise will be fine….

Since we are not flying out until Monday we did not get our tests done today.  I did a chat with the British Colonial Hilton, where we will be staying, and they say they do them there, or two doors down at the hospital.  I would contact your hotel if staying over and ask what they do.  We only need the antigen test, and have the vouchers.  EM

5 hours ago, TakingFlight said:

Hi Keith. I’m not understanding the VeriFLY process for AA. I do not have a screen anywhere that allows me to enter the antigen test results for return to the USA. The only choice is A Trip to the Bahamas, nothing for return. Will AA accept the email test result sent to us on our phones after our Crystal antigen test?

It took me  a while to find it.

Go to the bottom and click on search. Give it a little time an it will say add new trips, passes, cards and more.  Scroll down to find A Trip to USA  and that is where you add all your information.  It will be populated with some information already.

Keith

4 hours ago, Joywrk said:

Thanks Keith.our airline cancelled our flight so we have to stay for 4 nights at a resort and will get test there. Annoying as we could fly  the day after but not enough time to get the test.oh well, a few more days in paradise will be fine….

I am so sorry about the cancellation but so nice you will have an extended vacation.  

Wishing you the very best.

Keith

• Like 1

This sign is outside the Hilton, inside, too.  They seem to be attached to the Hilton.  I know all RCI people are getting their pre-cruise test done there, as this is where they check in.  The man said they charge $24 and across the street does the tests, too, and charge $22.  I didn't ask about the PCR test cost, but will today.  I suggest anyone staying in a different hotel message them and ask if they do the test.  Suspect most of the large hotels will, or can tell you where to get it done close by.

00-WxZi_LU868kT2HrtfQ4xeUif5jgFlzWejUl8v

Note they have a website, and a web address to get the results.  EM

• Like 1

I asked the doorman here at the Hilton what the cost of the PCR test is, and he said in the vicinity of $120-140.  He had never heard of anyone charging $250, but maybe on one of the (other) islands, like Exuma.  EM

51 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

I asked the doorman here at the Hilton what the cost of the PCR test is, and he said in the vicinity of $120-140.  He had never heard of anyone charging $250, but maybe on one of the (other) islands, like Exuma.  EM

I wonder what their turn around time is.  I know where I live it is 24 hours for same day test and that Island I posted about had the same turn around.  But I would think it might be more expensive on the other Island than Nassau.

Keith

4 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

This sign is outside the Hilton, inside, too.  They seem to be attached to the Hilton.  I know all RCI people are getting their pre-cruise test done there, as this is where they check in.  The man said they charge $24 and across the street does the tests, too, and charge $22.  I didn't ask about the PCR test cost, but will today.  I suggest anyone staying in a different hotel message them and ask if they do the test.  Suspect most of the large hotels will, or can tell you where to get it done close by.

Note they have a website, and a web address to get the results.  EM

Thanks Essiesmom

Our problem is there is no non stop flight to Toronto on Sunday.  We would have to stay 2 nights to fly back non stop.  We are coming 2 nights early but would really prefer to get off and get home on disembarkation day.  Exuma might be our only choice if Crystal won't make an exception for Canadian passengers.  I understand that they have the ability to do a PCR test and I'm more than willing to pay the price for it.

More information.  If you are not flying back to the US on the day you debark, or the next day, you will need to get your test done shoreside.  Trouble is, not all testing sites take the Bahamas travel.gov voucher.  The clinic of Doctor's Hospital in the Hilton did not, so we paid again, $22.40 each.  On the bottom of the voucher page, if you purchased one, is the web address:

https://travel.gov.bs/testingcenters.  This lists the centers that accept the voucher.  Some are hotels and only honor for guests.  The RT-PCR test takes 24 hours for results, and costs $124 and change.  We got our antigen tests done, and as well as the email results we had them printed.  No extra charge.  EM

If i can't get quick turn around on a PCR test I might not be able to get off serenity and get on Royal Caribbean the same day in Nassau. 😪

1 minute ago, si4444 said:

If i can't get quick turn around on a PCR test I might not be able to get off serenity and get on Royal Caribbean the same day in Nassau. 😪

Do you really need a PCR test. Wouldn't an antigen test work?

That is what you will take to board Serenity.

Does RCI require something more than that?

Confused.

Keith

On 7/18/2021 at 3:17 PM, Joywrk said:

Test has to be done within 72 hours of flight. Exhumation stop is not within that time frame

Exuma stop was on Wednesday and now it's Tuesday so yes, I'm out of luck.  Only hope is Crystal will take pity on Canadians or the government will drop the PCR test and make it an antigen test.  Need to have some answer before final payment.  

16 minutes ago, cruisingxpert said:

Exuma stop was on Wednesday and now it's Tuesday so yes, I'm out of luck.  Only hope is Crystal will take pity on Canadians or the government will drop the PCR test and make it an antigen test.  Need to have some answer before final payment.  

Can you change your flight, stay overnight in Nassau and have the test done there?

1 hour ago, TER777 said:

Can you change your flight, stay overnight in Nassau and have the test done there?

I could but I don't want to.  I'm already booked for 2 nights before the cruise because Air Canada doesn't have a Friday flight and they don't have a Sunday flight on the return which makes it another 2 nights.  It has to be Air Canada because I'm traveling with a friend and she is retired Air Canada

2 hours ago, cruisingxpert said:

I could but I don't want to.  I'm already booked for 2 nights before the cruise because Air Canada doesn't have a Friday flight and they don't have a Sunday flight on the return which makes it another 2 nights.  It has to be Air Canada because I'm traveling with a friend and she is retired Air Canada

Unfortunately, you may have to. While they announced today the US border will open Aug 7, the 72 hour PCR test will still be required.

17 minutes ago, Roland4 said:

Unfortunately, you may have to. While they announced today the US border will open Aug 7, the 72 hour PCR test will still be required.

Or cancel my cruise which I don't want to do.  What I don't understand is if Crystal has the ability to do PCR tests, why not offer it to Canadians for a price.  I don't imagine there are lots of us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisingxpert said:

Or cancel my cruise which I don't want to do.  What I don't understand is if Crystal has the ability to do PCR tests, why not offer it to Canadians for a price.  I don't imagine there are lots of us.

I am very sorry to hear you might have to cancel your cruise because of the PCR test. Has Crystal the capability of doing such a test? Usually you have to send it to a laboratory and cannot be done on ships.

Ivi