Jump to content

Are there plenty of drinks under the $9 threshold? Thanks.


Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

This is from just before shut down

 

99FE084F-A293-431F-8CB7-947CB6B4FF8A.thumb.jpeg.2944edfa24f1848422584d4f394969f0.jpeg

 

8ABFA74B-3FC1-4273-A9CF-EA72865ED713.thumb.jpeg.999626ee0312228e835d1ea922b2fa46.jpeg

 

DFE8B1B7-3D52-4E2A-B427-6E4FCC6998CA.thumb.jpeg.1fa1119f2a5265b73a446fe5888b7a3e.jpeg

 

4821F5BA-257E-43E7-925C-7913DEF7B462.thumb.jpeg.9e4d5ebbd995b1203a8aadb30c1890e8.jpeg

Thanks and something I have not noted before - large martinis on the Premium package. These have been discussed on other threads but this is the first time I have noted X mention them.

image.png.78fc5b3f89107d3caf4d4c89f2c1c8bf.png

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does wine work like mixed drinks on classic?  I mean, if a wine costs more then what is allocated on classic (i think it is $9 on Always Included) do you just pay the difference plus gratuity?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, LB_NJ said:

Does wine work like mixed drinks on classic?  I mean, if a wine costs more then what is allocated on classic (i think it is $9 on Always Included) do you just pay the difference plus gratuity?

Yes that is how it worked (prior to shutdown).     Sometimes the Sommelier will skip charging.    Iain often drinks a wine that is 50 Cents higher than the limit on the Premium Package.   The first night they sometimes  charge him but I think it is more work than bother and they quickly discontinue.  

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We upgrade to premium for the better wine and premium spirts selection.  There is a huge difference between a $9 and $15 glass of wine. I am a Gin drinker and at home I prefer Bombay Blue Sapphire, Hendricks and Tanqueray 10 which are only in the Premium package. For $12 pp per day including gratuity the upgrade is well worth the cost for. When we had the just the classic package we found we ended up buying more bottles of wine for dinner that exceeded what the upgrade costs for the whole cruise. From looking at the current list of wines by the glass I see no reason the buy any more bottles. We can even get a decent Champagne by the glass, $15 instead of only a lower end Italian sparkling wine.  Since the Premium package was included in our Sky Suite for our cruise next month, I will not need to upgrade this time.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 questions:  

1)  any movement with the beer to include session or low carb beer/ale?  There are some really good ones out there and my diabetic self is happy to now being able to enjoy a good beer again.

2) if I go the cheap route - does Mille have water bottle refill stations or do you have to do the "by the glass" fill up in the buffet?  I won't fill from a bathroom sink anywhere - to me it just tastes different.  If it has refill stations, I'll bring my HydroFlask and drink lots of healthy water. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

We upgrade to premium for the better wine and premium spirts selection.  There is a huge difference between a $9 and $15 glass of wine. I am a Gin drinker and at home I prefer Bombay Blue Sapphire, Hendricks and Tanqueray 10 which are only in the Premium package. For $12 pp per day including gratuity the upgrade is well worth the cost for. When we had the just the classic package we found we ended up buying more bottles of wine for dinner that exceeded what the upgrade costs for the whole cruise. From looking at the current list of wines by the glass I see no reason the buy any more bottles. We can even get a decent Champagne by the glass, $15 instead of only a lower end Italian sparkling wine.  Since the Premium package was included in our Sky Suite for our cruise next month, I will not need to upgrade this time.

Thank you for the post. We are first time Celebrity cruisers. Mostly Princess. We like good wine but not drinking as much as we used to. Saw the Grgich Chardonay, which we like. We don't like Prosecco so we want to be able to get the Champagne. You are right. I would order a bottle ofFrench Champagne for $70.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/16/2021 at 12:13 PM, interapid said:

Are there plenty of drinks under the $9 threshold? When using the standard drinks package. Thanks.

This may just be me, but for $12.00 a day or $10.80 if elite or higher, the upgrade is well worth it. Premium drinks allows for up to $15.00 (pretty much everything on the boat) plus premium water, juice and coffee (my addiction). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, neverlaysup said:

This may just be me, but for $12.00 a day or $10.80 if elite or higher, the upgrade is well worth it. Premium drinks allows for up to $15.00 (pretty much everything on the boat) plus premium water, juice and coffee (my addiction). 

Do not forget the exceptional martinis in the martini bar are all over the $9 classic limit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Upgrading to premium at $12 per day is well worth it if you like to drink decent wines and liquors and craft beers.  The daily cost is recovered by just ordering about two drinks above classic and paying the difference.  If you have a number of drinks each day and care about the type and brand then the premium is the way to go.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

Do not forget the exceptional martinis in the martini bar are all over the $9 classic limit.

Martini bar is where I am for part of every evening.

 

Laura

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Having browsed the Edge drink menu and the Martini bar menu, I am a bit concerned about ordering a drink on the classic package at those spots.  Do they have a list there of under $9 too?  Can you just order something like a mojito?  I have had the package before (always a bit of a problem for nice wine, we often just get a bottle) but not recently or on the Edge or Apex so am curious about bars and drinks unique to them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, happy cruzer said:

Having browsed the Edge drink menu and the Martini bar menu, I am a bit concerned about ordering a drink on the classic package at those spots.  Do they have a list there of under $9 too?  Can you just order something like a mojito?  I have had the package before (always a bit of a problem for nice wine, we often just get a bottle) but not recently or on the Edge or Apex so am curious about bars and drinks unique to them.

.

Don't worry!  You can order anything anywhere.  You can even order a soft drink -- or ice water (!) -- at the Martini Bar.  If they have what you ask for in stock, they will give it to you.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/16/2021 at 1:04 PM, Virgo61 said:

I enjoy Pelligrino each night with dinner and with the classic package you have to pay for it. I always upgrade. My husband never does.

My wife loves Pelligrino, and has several per day.  That helps justify the upgrade! 🙂

 

However, to the OP's point, there is a decent selection in the Classic Beverage Package, we just get more satisfaction of the Premium package options.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, jg51 said:

.

Don't worry!  You can order anything anywhere.  You can even order a soft drink -- or ice water (!) -- at the Martini Bar.  If they have what you ask for in stock, they will give it to you.

Are you sure this is true on the Edge and Apex.?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is  highly specific, but ...

Can anyone tell us what a (tequila) Don Julio/rocks or a (bourbon) Makers Mark/rocks (both from the Premium package) would cost?

 

Wer're trying to do the calculations ... would it be a better deal for us to purchase the upgrade from the CBP to the Premium,  or to just pay the difference between a $9 drink to whatever those two drinks cost.

 

We aren't huge frozen-drink or beer drinkers ... we can easily be quite happy with the choices from the CBP for the few we would want.  

We do drink lots of water, although we're fine with X bottled water.  

We do drink lots of red wine, although the Chateau Souverain on the CBP is OK with us.

So, mulling over whether our evening cocktail choices (the Don Julio and the Makers Mark mentioned above) would warrant the upgrade.

Or, again, if the difference in price wasn't too much, whether we should just pay the extra amount each evening???

 

First World issue, to be sure ... but, have to say, it's fun to be thinking about specific cruise-oriented things again! 👍

 

TIA for all info.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Robkat said:

This is  highly specific, but ...

Can anyone tell us what a (tequila) Don Julio/rocks or a (bourbon) Makers Mark/rocks (both from the Premium package) would cost?

 

Wer're trying to do the calculations ... would it be a better deal for us to purchase the upgrade from the CBP to the Premium,  or to just pay the difference between a $9 drink to whatever those two drinks cost.

 

We aren't huge frozen-drink or beer drinkers ... we can easily be quite happy with the choices from the CBP for the few we would want.  

We do drink lots of water, although we're fine with X bottled water.  

We do drink lots of red wine, although the Chateau Souverain on the CBP is OK with us.

So, mulling over whether our evening cocktail choices (the Don Julio and the Makers Mark mentioned above) would warrant the upgrade.

Or, again, if the difference in price wasn't too much, whether we should just pay the extra amount each evening???

 

First World issue, to be sure ... but, have to say, it's fun to be thinking about specific cruise-oriented things again! 👍

 

TIA for all info.


both passengers are not required to upgrade to the premium if that helps.   Chances are both of you will not be having a premium drink at the same time.  You could order 1 classic and 1 premium and do a trade.  🤷‍♂️
 

personally the freedom of having the options or availability to order anything out weights the hassle of always asking if it is covered.  I like Makers and am and Ambassador with them.  On board I will have Woodford and Woodford Double Oak, and Bulleit.   Sometimes you may get lucky and find some other bourbons that are in the premium pack

 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Forgot to include:  we'd want the Don Julio Reposado to have on the rocks.

I neglected to specify that.  So, we would both be ordering drinks from the Premium side.  

This is why we wanted to see what the price would be for those brands, to see what the price differential would be.  

Sorry for the omission.

Edited by Robkat
Typo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, it's been 5 years since our last X cruise, and back then, the Bev Pkg was very inclusive and included almost everything.  There weren't the different levels, i.e. CLassic and Premium.  We didn't have to sign any chits back then.

 

However, since there is a charge to order from the Premium pkg if you have the Classic, we're assuming that, just like anywhere on the ship, if there's a charge, you'll need to sign a receipt.  That's what we're expecting anyways.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Robkat said:

Well, it's been 5 years since our last X cruise, and back then, the Bev Pkg was very inclusive and included almost everything.  There weren't the different levels, i.e. CLassic and Premium.  We didn't have to sign any chits back then.

 

However, since there is a charge to order from the Premium pkg if you have the Classic, we're assuming that, just like anywhere on the ship, if there's a charge, you'll need to sign a receipt.  That's what we're expecting anyways.

Thanks, Robkat.  That is what we are assuming, too. 

 

We have sailed Celebrity four times in the past five years.  We have always had OBC to cover our overages, but we never had to sign anything to keep track of our spending.   We are leaning toward buying the upgrade, because signing little pieces of paper will drive my husband out of his mind. 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...