Passengers who have used Mixed Vaccination Protocols will not be considered to be Fully Vaccinated per RCI FAQs

NOTE: Guests who have used mixed vaccination protocols will not be considered fully vaccinated (i.e. 1 dose Pfizer + 1 dose Moderna, or 1 dose AstraZeneca + 1 dose Pfizer, etc.). To be considered fully vaccinated, a guest must have received all doses of one accepted vaccine. Otherwise, a guest will be considered unvaccinated. This is now on the RCI website 

What Vaccines are Accepted

they might lose a lot of Canadian and other travelers unless they change it for this year and  next year too. I don't agree, if the supply isn't there for certain doses how is it fault of the people getting the shot

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

NOTE: Guests who have used mixed vaccination protocols will not be considered fully vaccinated (i.e. 1 dose Pfizer + 1 dose Moderna, or 1 dose AstraZeneca + 1 dose Pfizer, etc.). To be considered fully vaccinated, a guest must have received all doses of one accepted vaccine. Otherwise, a guest will be considered unvaccinated. This is now on the RCI website 

What Vaccines are Accepted

Hi Suzyluvs2cruise, could you please tell me where you saw this notice? Is it posted on the Royal Caribbean website somewhere?

11 minutes ago, kimlet said:

they might lose a lot of Canadian and other travelers unless they change it for this year and  next year too. I don't agree, if the supply isn't there for certain doses how is it fault of the people getting the shot

Just go in for a third..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gam888 said:

Hi Suzyluvs2cruise, could you please tell me where you saw this notice? Is it posted on the Royal Caribbean website somewhere?

just click on her link to the RCI website at the bottom of her post.....

Our Canadian government along with our Provincial leaders have advised us to take whatever one we can get the quickest for our second shot no matter what our first shot was as it is safe to mix.I had a hunch it would be an issue to travel so luckily I got the same one twice. 

• Like 11

In Ontario they’re saving Pfizer for the 12-17 year olds for now.  I’m not cruising until next summer…but luckily I got double moderna.  My cousin and brothers got Pfizer first and then moderna.  I read that some cruiselines are allowing mixing of mRNA vaccines but not an mRNA with astra zeneca.  

• Like 1

This rule wouldn’t last long. Canada, EU, and other countries are mixing doses and represent a huge chunk of their customers.The science reports would come out to support mixing doses.

So now the cruise lines have left out Unvaccinated and Mixed dosers, two totally different groups but large groups that have money to spend and are now just going to spend it elsewhere… 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, hellsop said:

Did click. This is what it shows now: image.thumb.png.d583aa4fefce526f3482c3dadbff6f6a.png

Not a word about mixed dosing.

I see it.  It is directly below the paragraph that you have quoted in the link.

1 minute ago, MrsK said:

I see it.  It is directly below the paragraph that you have quoted in the link.

Show me. Special Canadian content perhaps?

image.png

Edited by hellsop

11 minutes ago, hellsop said:

Did click. This is what it shows now: image.thumb.png.d583aa4fefce526f3482c3dadbff6f6a.png

Not a word about mixed dosing.

OP’s link isn’t right, there are two spots:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/do-i-need-a-covid-vaccine-to-cruise-what-counts-as-proof

And this one:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-vaccines-are-accepted

2 minutes ago, dm1336 said:

Ah, there we go. First has it, second does not for me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hellsop said:

Show me. 

2 minutes ago, dm1336 said:

Hellsop this is what I see: 

Q

What vaccines are accepted? What documents are accepted as proof of vaccination?

A

Vaccines that are fully approved or authorized for emergency use by a national regulatory authority (such as the U.S. FDA), or global health organization (such as the World Health Organization) are accepted. Please be aware that certain countries we sail from or visit during a voyage may require a specific vaccine, and only those travelers vaccinated with the requisite vaccine will be considered fully vaccinated. Be sure to review your departure country's requirements or consult our guest materials prior to sailing for these requirements.

NOTE: Guests who have used mixed vaccination protocols will not be considered fully vaccinated (i.e. 1 dose Pfizer + 1 dose Moderna, or 1 dose AstraZeneca + 1 dose Pfizer, etc.). To be considered fully vaccinated, a guest must have received all doses of one accepted vaccine. Otherwise, a guest will be considered unvaccinated.

dm1336, I have clicked on both of those links and I get the same answer on both.  They both show the same NOTE: Guests etc..............

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, dm1336 said:

This rule wouldn’t last long. Canada, EU, and other countries are mixing doses and represent a huge chunk of their customers.The science reports would come out to support mixing doses.

So now the cruise lines have left out Unvaccinated and Mixed dosers, two totally different groups but large groups that have money to spend and are now just going to spend it elsewhere… 

It's not up to the cruise lines.  This was set by the CDC

It's not only Canada but the UK and many other countries that have been mixing doses.

Initially it was the AZ where people were getting a second dose of either Moderna or Pfizer due to a small increase in some clotting side effects.  There were also shortages of Moderna and Pfizer that led to people getting two mixed mrna vaccines instead of waiting to get the same second shot

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It's not up to the cruise lines.  This was set by the CDC

Some cruise lines allow mRNA mixing only in today’s updated rules such as Carnival, Princess and HAL but Royal and NCL do not. AZ mixing is no across the board right now

Regardless you are correct that CDC would prefer people to complete the dose schedule but gives an exception to mRNA mixing in cases where one is not available and the other is.

• Like 1

Just now, dm1336 said:

Some cruise lines allow mRNA mixing only in today’s updated rules such as Carnival, Princess and HAL but Royal and NCL do not. AZ mixing is no across the board right now

Regardless you are correct that CDC would prefer people to complete the dose schedule but gives an exception to mRNA mixing in cases where one is not available and the other is.

I'm not sure why there is a difference between the cruise lines.  Perhaps they are interpreting the CDC's directives differently in which case I could see one side or the other revising protocols in the coming days

2 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Just go in for a third..

Won't work in Canada or at least in Ontario, I'm assuming other provinces have similar systems in place. You won't be able to book a third or you will be caught at the vaccination site as the records are all centralized.

• Like 2