Passengers who have used Mixed Vaccination Protocols will not be considered to be Fully Vaccinated per RCI FAQs

1 hour ago, MR_T said:

There lies the problem... should doesn’t mean it’s an official rule just a recommendation.. we’ll thats how I read it (right or wrong) 

i have just returned from getting the 3rd shot and it was a breeze... I just mentioned I was there for a 3rd shot and they said no problem come this way, at no point was I asked why or when or even for what purpose... I was only asked what vaccines I’d already had and the they confirmed I’d get phizer as I was originally given AZ & PH as my first 2. 

Nice! I hope BC follows Quebec’s lead. But the clock is ticking on the 42 days, so it would have to be by Aug 15 for us. 

• Thanks 1

it is strange I can cruise Celebrity but not RCL , as we are more 42 days between doses 

celebrity policy 

Following CDC guidelines, Celebrity will consider a guest fully vaccinated with proof of vaccination that can include mixed doses of the Pfizer and Moderna mRNA vaccines. Guests sailing on Celebrity Silhouette from Southampton, Celebrity Apex sailing from Athens, or Celebrity Flora, Xploration and Xpedition in the Galapagos, can have mixed doses that include AstraZeneca as long as the AstraZeneca dose is administered first, and then either the Pfizer or Moderna dose within 8-12 weeks. No other mixed vaccine doses will be accepted.   

RCL says it ok to mix but needs to be under 42 days which was not possible in Ontario in June 

2 hours ago, MR_T said:

There lies the problem... should doesn’t mean it’s an official rule just a recommendation.. we’ll thats how I read it (right or wrong) 

i have just returned from getting the 3rd shot and it was a breeze... I just mentioned I was there for a 3rd shot and they said no problem come this way, at no point was I asked why or when or even for what purpose... I was only asked what vaccines I’d already had and the they confirmed I’d get phizer as I was originally given AZ & PH as my first 2. 

Did they charge you for the third dose?

1 hour ago, ladysail2 said:

Hopefully RCL will update its policy to follow Celebrity’s.  🤞

I hope so too.   One person in our group received Phizer for his first shot and Moderna for his second shot at 47 days apart.  We already bought flights and were pretty excited about sailing.  So now we are all bummed out about this whole mess

Hope its ok to post this in this forum.   What if I'm not going on a cruise (heaven forbid, but what if)   What if I'm going on a  week stay to Orlando or Vegas or something in the USA  (I live in Canada)   When the borders open for non essential travelers will the USA accept someone with mixed vaccine doses (Pfizer & Moderna)   as fully vacinnated?

1 minute ago, cantgetaname said:

Hope its ok to post this in this forum.   What if I'm not going on a cruise (heaven forbid, but what if)   What if I'm going on a  week stay to Orlando or Vegas or something in the USA  (I live in Canada)   When the borders open for non essential travelers will the USA accept someone with mixed vaccine doses (Pfizer & Moderna)   as fully vacinnated?

If you want to fly to Vegas or Orlando or somewhere else in the US, get a test and go.  You don't even need to be vaccinated:

Passengers 2 years of age and older are required to get a COVID‑19 viral antigen, NAAT, RT-LAMP, RT-PCR or TMA test within 3 days before departure, and provide written proof of a negative test result (paper or electronic copy). Test results must show the name, date of birth, specimen collection date, and type of test done.

Passengers may also get a self-test (also known as a home test). The test must be a SARS-CoV-2 viral NAAT or antigen test with Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The at home test must adhere to strict criteria, including remote supervision, as outlined by the CDC. For more information, please visit the CDC FAQExternal site which may not meet accessibility guidelines..

Alternatively, you may provide official written documentation of a positive COVID‑19 test result within the last 3 months alongside a letter from your healthcare provider or a public health official that you have recovered and are cleared for travel. Together these are referred to as ‘documentation of recovery’.

4 minutes ago, cantgetaname said:

People from Canada have never been stop  flying to the USA , now you just need a negative Covid test and you are good to go 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, happy cruiser1234 said:

I hope so too.   One person in our group received Phizer for his first shot and Moderna for his second shot at 47 days apart.  We already bought flights and were pretty excited about sailing.  So now we are all bummed out about this whole mess

You and alot of others too.!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Vancouver-Cruiser said:

Nice! I hope BC follows Quebec’s lead. But the clock is ticking on the 42 days, so it would have to be by Aug 15 for us. 

I believe (could be wrong) but I think the 42 days is for the Moderna & phizer mix... it says on the cdc site & referenced on the royal site I think that a second shot received after the 42 days you’d still be considered vaccinated and wouldn’t need any additional doses...

this is whole thing is hugely confusing as a lot of the info seems to go against its own statements 

3 hours ago, Brownezes72 said:

Where did you get your third?? I am in ontario and looking for same

As mentioned... in Quebec, hope you guys get the opportunity soon 🤞🏻 

On 7/16/2021 at 9:44 PM, Auntiemomo said:

Never heard of that happening in the U.S.  

The US was fortunate enough to have more than enough vaccines. Canada was slow in getting them so they encouraged people to take whatever shot they were offered. We started with AstraZeneca and our second shot was Moderna. Looks like I won't be cruising for a while

6 hours ago, Brownezes72 said:

Where did you get your third?? I am in ontario and looking for same

6 hours ago, Airbalancer said:

They are in PQ 

wait a month , the policy will change 

A month is too late for some of us.  🙁  The policy changed three times in less than two weeks though, so it might not take that long.  😉   I like to think that the current delay in clearing this up is because they're actually trying to get it right this time.

I might try Gatineau if they haven't sorted this out by this time next week.  Not sure if they'll give it to a non-resident, but for the sake of a short drive, it doesn't hurt to try.  If we get to that point, I'll report back on how it goes.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MR_T said:

As mentioned... in Quebec, hope you guys get the opportunity soon 🤞🏻 

Curious, what kind of documentation do you end up with?

Digital proof for those with Quebec health insurance, I know.  Is each shot just documented individually?  As opposed to the Ontario record stating the number of "valid doses"?

I think I also read that in Quebec they give a paper record on-site; does that look valid enough to be accepted by a cruise line?  I know you can't possibly know what the cruise lines will or will not accept; I'm just trying to get a sense of what is provided.  And will they provide it in English?  (Not for my sake; I can read enough French to get by, but the check-in guy at the port probably can't.)

On 7/28/2021 at 8:12 PM, DirtyDawg said:

Why? Because knowing the facts from first hand accounts is better then assuming the facts from second and third hand accounts.  

Ok no problem, just seemed a strange question to me as

as far as I know there’s Nowhere on the plant charging for a vaccine. 

Posts can be read in different ways and I guess I read yours wrong, 

all good 😊

On 7/28/2021 at 10:17 PM, mabt said:

Curious, what kind of documentation do you end up with?

Digital proof for those with Quebec health insurance, I know.  Is each shot just documented individually?  As opposed to the Ontario record stating the number of "valid doses"?

I think I also read that in Quebec they give a paper record on-site; does that look valid enough to be accepted by a cruise line?  I know you can't possibly know what the cruise lines will or will not accept; I'm just trying to get a sense of what is provided.  And will they provide it in English?  (Not for my sake; I can read enough French to get by, but the check-in guy at the port probably can't.)

So to answer your first question above this post and this one we had to show our Quebec medical card which was imprinted onto the paper document we received so I guess it would only be available to Quebec residents unfortunately, 

As for the record we got an additional paper with the details on, nothing fancy just the imprint of our medical card and our name with the dose of vaccine we received, it’s a standard paper which only has space for 2 doses so for the 3rd we were just given a an additional paper, however they just crossed out the 2nd dose an hand wrote 3rd next to it so I’m doubting it would be good enough for check in. 

In regards to official documentions they do send out proof that has each vaccine with all the details on in English with a scannable section so I’m hoping this will be good enough 🤞🏻 Obviously it does show all 3 but they are in date order so it shows our last 2 shots we’re both Phizer. 

hope you can get something done soon to enable you to cruise without concerns, or ultimately they change the requirements etc to enable any double dose to be accepted 🤞🏻

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MR_T said:

So to answer your first question above this post and this one we had to show our Quebec medical card which was imprinted onto the paper document we received so I guess it would only be available to Quebec residents unfortunately, 

As for the record we got an additional paper with the details on, nothing fancy just the imprint of our medical card and our name with the dose of vaccine we received, it’s a standard paper which only has space for 2 doses so for the 3rd we were just given a an additional paper, however they just crossed out the 2nd dose an hand wrote 3rd next to it so I’m doubting it would be good enough for check in. 

In regards to official documentions they do send out proof that has each vaccine with all the details on in English with a scannable section so I’m hoping this will be good enough 🤞🏻 Obviously it does show all 3 but they are in date order so it shows our last 2 shots we’re both Phizer. 

hope you can get something done soon to enable you to cruise without concerns, or ultimately they change the requirements etc to enable any double dose to be accepted 🤞🏻

Interesting.  Remains to be seen whether they will vaccinate non-residents or not.  I agree that it's not a given.  BUT, every province for sure has a process to vaccinate someone who doesn't have provincial health coverage - new or temporary residents, people who lost their cards and never replaced them, illegal immigrants, etc.  They still want everyone vaccinated.  So I wouldn't assume that no health card necessarily means no vaccine.

Thanks very much for the information!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, mabt said:

Interesting.  Remains to be seen whether they will vaccinate non-residents or not.  I agree that it's not a given.  BUT, every province for sure has a process to vaccinate someone who doesn't have provincial health coverage - new or temporary residents, people who lost their cards and never replaced them, illegal immigrants, etc.  They still want everyone vaccinated.  So I wouldn't assume that no health card necessarily means no vaccine.

Thanks very much for the information!

You are correct, now you mention it I do remember somewhere in the booking procedure it did have a box to tick if you didn’t have a medical card… 

i just took a look and if you click the box it does say other forms of ID will be required for proof of eligibility 

Edited by MR_T

13 hours ago, MR_T said:

You are correct, now you mention it I do remember somewhere in the booking procedure it did have a box to tick if you didn’t have a medical card… 

i just took a look and if you click the box it does say other forms of ID will be required for proof of eligibility 

Good to know.  Big question is whether a non-resident is considered "eligible" for a third dose.  I might just break down and try.  Now that RCCL has clarified the same-manufacturer interval issue, I get the sense that they feel like they've sorted everything out and it's all fine now.  Not so confident that the remaining issue with extended intervals of mixed doses will be addressed.

Thanks again!

1 hour ago, mabt said:

Good to know.  Big question is whether a non-resident is considered "eligible" for a third dose.  I might just break down and try.  Now that RCCL has clarified the same-manufacturer interval issue, I get the sense that they feel like they've sorted everything out and it's all fine now.  Not so confident that the remaining issue with extended intervals of mixed doses will be addressed.

Thanks again!

Let us know if you do get a shot in Quebec. We’ll be there in a month - our province (Alberta) has already said they won’t be offering a third dose for travel. 

6 minutes ago, XLVIII said:

Let us know if you do get a shot in Quebec. We’ll be there in a month - our province (Alberta) has already said they won’t be offering a third dose for travel. 

Definitely will report back on how it goes if I try.

I'm still holding out some hope that RCCL will come to its senses over mixed mRNA dosing intervals.

• Thanks 1