Passengers who have used Mixed Vaccination Protocols will not be considered to be Fully Vaccinated per RCI FAQs

1 hour ago, mabt said:

Definitely will report back on how it goes if I try.

I'm still holding out some hope that RCCL will come to its senses over mixed mRNA dosing intervals.

Unfortunately it is not RCL’s decision to make. Those parameters and restrictions were promulgated by the CDC.

• Like 1

On 7/30/2021 at 11:49 AM, MR_T said:

As for the record we got an additional paper with the details on, nothing fancy just the imprint of our medical card and our name with the dose of vaccine we received, it’s a standard paper which only has space for 2 doses so for the 3rd we were just given a an additional paper, however they just crossed out the 2nd dose an hand wrote 3rd next to it so I’m doubting it would be good enough for check in. 

I pity the fool that won’t accept it from you. 😉😂 (A-Team reference)

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, orville99 said:

Unfortunately it is not RCL’s decision to make. Those parameters and restrictions were promulgated by the CDC.

I'm sailing from Nassau.  CDC has no bearing, and the Bahamas only require a PCR test for entry.  In my case, it is 100% RCCL's decision to make.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, orville99 said:

43 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Then why haven’t other lines posted the same protocol?

16 minutes ago, Vancouver-Cruiser said:

I thought they had. What lines do you think accept mixed doses for sailings from the US?

For mixed mRNA doses?  All of them, except maybe NCL.  Including RCCL, as long as the doses weren't more than 42 days apart.  As far as I know, RCCL is the only line applying the 42-day rule, and it is not because the CDC requires it (they don't).

AstraZeneca mixes are another matter.

34 minutes ago, dswallow said:

None of these have the timing constraints that Royal is enforcing, that was the basis of the original post I replied to. 
Royal is the only line with this caveat for individuals with mixed mRNA doses. 

Edited by not-enough-cruising
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Vancouver-Cruiser said:

All of the others accept AstraZeneca /mRNA mixes?  I doubt any of them do. That’s what most I know had around here. 

No, no one is accepting that mix, I should have been more clear; Royal is the only line promoting the specific timing of mixed dose mRNA vaccines 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, not-enough-cruising said:

None of these have the timing constraints that Royal is enforcing, that was the basis of the original post I replied to. 
Royal is the only line with this caveat for individuals with mixed mRNA doses. 

I’m being lazy … do you happen to know Celebrity’s current Saturday evening position.  

Then, getting past the ship’s vaccine restrictions, one has to contend with the ports and which ones accept mixed vaccines. Some don’t.  I wonder if the ship keeps track of the so-called unvaccinated cruisers and somehow keeps them on the ship in those ports.  Do they post a guard outside your cabin so you don’t leave? 

Since all vaccines are approved by Heath Canada before they’re used…and just because the CDC hasn’t authorized the AZ vaccine for EU…why can’t they confer with Health Canada to at least try to give it validation or not?  Has the CDC totally rejected the AZ vaccine, and simply won’t consider it?  I haven’t seen anywhere why their decision to not recognize it.   Or has it to do with something totally unrelated to finding a way to protect the well-being of all humans?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ladysail2 said:

Then, getting past the ship’s vaccine restrictions, one has to contend with the ports and which ones accept mixed vaccines. Some don’t.  I wonder if the ship keeps track of the so-called unvaccinated cruisers and somehow keeps them on the ship in those ports.  Do they post a guard outside your cabin so you don’t leave? 

Since all vaccines are approved by Heath Canada before they’re used…and just because the CDC hasn’t authorized the AZ vaccine for EU…why can’t they confer with Health Canada to at least try to give it validation or not?  Has the CDC totally rejected the AZ vaccine, and simply won’t consider it?  I haven’t seen anywhere why their decision to not recognize it.   Or has it to do with something totally unrelated to finding a way to protect the well-being of all humans?

Astra Zeneca has not  requested FDA approval, they submitted an application early

on, but retracted it before it was considered. 

They’re planning to re-apply for full approval this Fall. But that doesn’t change the fact that it’s a Vector vaccine.  It seems that the CDC doesn’t like the Vector and mRNA vaccines being given as the two shots.  I suppose that means that one chooses not to travel by cruise ship or hope to get a third shot.  Do I have that right?

It's not a matter of like or not like, it's a matter of having a professional study that's peer reviewed and submitted for approval. We know there's been a lot of exploring of efficacy of mixed-dosage COVID vaccination, but has it been in a large enough sample and up to whatever requirements the FDA has for such things to be recognized?

3 hours ago, ladysail2 said:

don’t.  I wonder if the ship keeps track of the so-called unvaccinated cruisers and somehow keeps them on the ship in those ports.  Do they post a guard outside your cabin so you don’t leave? 

Since you have to scan your sea pass card to leave the ship it’s a little easier than posting a guard outside your room. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dswallow said:

It's not a matter of like or not like, it's a matter of having a professional study that's peer reviewed and submitted for approval. We know there's been a lot of exploring of efficacy of mixed-dosage COVID vaccination, but has it been in a large enough sample and up to whatever requirements the FDA has for such things to be recognized?

I just wonder why AZ was approved in Canada, and not in the US. What is it that the US doesn’t believe?  The US has enough vaccine and I doubt if the FDA will bother with AZ now. Why should they if they have enough of the other vaccines for everyone.  It’s not just the US, other countries don’t approve of AZ either.  Sure hope we can get a third dose, although I appreciate having two doses and feel fully vaccinated.

2 hours ago, ladysail2 said:

I just wonder why AZ was approved in Canada, and not in the US. What is it that the US doesn’t believe?  The US has enough vaccine and I doubt if the FDA will bother with AZ now. Why should they if they have enough of the other vaccines for everyone.  It’s not just the US, other countries don’t approve of AZ either.  Sure hope we can get a third dose, although I appreciate having two doses and feel fully vaccinated.

Astra Zeneca did some wonky dosing error things in their pretrials. They submitted their application for approval to the FDA and then withdrew it. There was nothing for the US to approve. And I have not read anything that said they re-submitted an application. 

Highlights: https://www.statnews.com/2021/03/23/mishaps-miscommunications-overshadowing-astrazenecas-covid-vaccine/

Edited by Coralc

9 hours ago, Coralc said:

Astra Zeneca did some wonky dosing error things in their pretrials. They submitted their application for approval to the FDA and then withdrew it. There was nothing for the US to approve. And I have not read anything that said they re-submitted an application. 

Highlights: https://www.statnews.com/2021/03/23/mishaps-miscommunications-overshadowing-astrazenecas-covid-vaccine/

They are hoping to resubmit approval to the FDA in the next 2-3 months..is what I read.

• Thanks 1

Documentation,

I have a question regarding the requirements - my documentation shows that I have received two valid doses and the date of my last vaccination.  If this is the document to board the ship, how do they know which vaccine, I received first, and how long it was between vaccinations.  Anyone have any experience with this.  Thank you.   Here's hoping we can all get back to cruising sooner than later.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Cthy651 said:

Documentation,

I have a question regarding the requirements - my documentation shows that I have received two valid doses and the date of my last vaccination.  If this is the document to board the ship, how do they know which vaccine, I received first, and how long it was between vaccinations.  Anyone have any experience with this.  Thank you.   Here's hoping we can all get back to cruising sooner than later.

We don't really know if the "final dose" document is good enough.  They could ask for independent proof of the first dose.  So far we haven't had any Ontarians (or other Canadians with similar documentation) report back on their actual experience at the port.

My guess is, in practice, the one document showing "two valid doses" is probably good enough.  But I'd hate to find out otherwise when I'm denied boarding at the port.

• Like 1