Flying directly after debarkation on Eurodam to USA

rencruise

Having a hard time reaching HAL and thought someone might know.  Will HAL be giving a Covid test to passengers who are leaving the ship in Barcelona and flying home the same day to USA. I've looked all over on the site but no clear information.  Thanks.

• Like 1

It’s probably not HAL’s responsibility to provide you a test you want or need to fly, unless you booked cruise and air as a package. PCR results usually take a bit longer to get, so you may want to look at staying in Barcelona a couple of days to get results, if PCR results are needed to fly.

We are disembarking in Venice in oct. from the Eurodam.  I asked my TA to ask if HAL was giving COVID tests if we need one for traveling home and she was told they will be available but we would need to schedule when we would want to get one before disembarking.  The person our TA talked to could say if there was a cost or not.  She wasn’t told  what kind of COVID test is was  or how getting results would be.  We will ask again before we board in September. 

This was posted on our Eurodam roll call for 18th October.

Holland America will now be using Porto Maghera

Not sure where the 'original' port was, perhaps someone can locate?  I thought it was near the 'Tranchetto' on the island of Venice? 

Anyways, better for those coming from the airport, not so great those of us staying on the island, although getting to and from the island is not difficult if memory serves me well.

Venice port.docx298.32 kB · 39 downloads

4 hours ago, cruiseaholic78 said:

This was posted on our Eurodam roll call for 18th October.

Not sure where the 'original' port was, perhaps someone can locate?  I thought it was near the 'Tranchetto' on the island of Venice? 

Anyways, better for those coming from the airport, not so great those of us staying on the island, although getting to and from the island is not difficult if memory serves me well.

Venice port.docx298.32 kB · 39 downloads

That’s not as bad as other alternatives I have seen discussed.  Fairly close to Venice.

We can look to what is being done on the current European cruises.  Most of the cruise lines are providing free antigen tests (the minimum required to fly back to the USA) onboard done the day before disembarkation.   Keep in mind that antigen tests, while good enough to fly to the USA, do not satisfy the requirements of many other countries who require PCR or molecular tests.  And a further issue is that there are several types of PCR/molecular tests not all of which are acceptable to each specific country,   The gold standard called a RT-PCR test currently needs a pretty sophisticated medical laboratory which does not exist on ships (some claim that Viking has put such labs on at least one of their ships but I cannot verify if this is true).  

Hank

9 hours ago, cruiseaholic78 said:

I don't normally correct spellings but I've seen this several times now and as people may be looking for information, the port name is actually Porto Marghera.  (The above is missing the "r").  Marghera is the name of the town as well.

• Like 1