The Daily for Saturday Jul 17, 2021

richwmn

16 minutes ago, atexsix said:

Well I overdid it today and I've been in bed since my lower back began acting up right after lunch, so I haven't been able to respond to much of today's daily, so hope you're all having a great day.

Gotta watch the back!  One wrong turn...

Good reason to chill out, though.  😉

• Like 8

21 minutes ago, atexsix said:

Well I overdid it today and I've been in bed since my lower back began acting up right after lunch, so I haven't been able to respond to much of today's daily, so hope you're all having a great day.

Prayers for a quick recovery!

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, atexsix said:

Oh NO. 😱 

So sorry to hear this.  Have you tried Salonpas?  I had a piece of bone chipped out of my back years ago (someone closed a vault door on it despite my rule only one person in at a time).  I was screaming in pain and laid up for weeks.

I avoided surgery thank heavens and worked with a wooden board on my back for several months.

Now, I do too much sometimes and when I do, I pay for it.  Salonpas to the rescue.  I put it on overnight.  Take it off, have a hot bath (or shower if that is your preference) and am much improved by the morning.

My mother discovered them years ago in Toronto before they became popular in an Asian market and always bought me two huge packages as they weren’t available here.

She swore by them (wrecked discs) and I do too.  DH even uses them 😉 

• Like 11

With all the punishment my back and body took in my military career I have  frequent back issues.

My saving treatment is a Sims Unit. I never leave home without it.

Give it a try if you frequent have chronic back issues.

https://tensunits.com/blogs/blog/tens-back-pain-relief-treatment

There are mobile and cheaper units than the link.

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, atexsix said:

When you were at Lowe's did you put the AC units in your car?  That sounds like a lot of back strain.  Whatever the reason, I hope it heals quickly.

Roy

• Like 8

30 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

With all the punishment my back and body took in my military career I have  frequent back issues.

Should have said Tim’s unit. Spell check wins again.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, atexsix said:

I am so sorry!   Rest up and take care.  I hope you are feeling better in the morning.

• Like 7

57 minutes ago, kazu said:

Oh NO. 😱 

So sorry to hear this.  Have you tried Salonpas?  I had a piece of bone chipped out of my back years ago (someone closed a vault door on it despite my rule only one person in at a time).  I was screaming in pain and laid up for weeks.

I avoided surgery thank heavens and worked with a wooden board on my back for several months.

Now, I do too much sometimes and when I do, I pay for it.  Salonpas to the rescue.  I put it on overnight.  Take it off, have a hot bath (or shower if that is your preference) and am much improved by the morning.

My mother discovered them years ago in Toronto before they became popular in an Asian market and always bought me two huge packages as they weren’t available here.

Another vote for Salonpas.   I have disc problems and stenosis and scoliosis and sacroiliac problems.  Every  once in a while Salonpas comes to the rescue.

• Like 5

Thanks for all the daily information and the port photos.

@kazu pleased that you did not have garden damage, your blue Hydrangea is lovely.

@mamaofamigood to hear that Sam is making gprogress.

@Crazy For Catswarmest congratulations on your Anniversary.

@Sharon in AZ keep enjoying the Kim Crawford wine with your DM.

@atexsixsorry to hear of your back problem.

Raining and fog here today.

Heavy rain further north, the West Coast  and top of the South Island have experienced flooding, people were evacuated from their homes. Picton was cut off by flooding.(Some of you will have visited  the town).

Take care everyone.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kazu said:

Oh NO. 😱 

I have not tried it but I will look for it as my back trouble has been ongoing since my stroke and losing so much muscle strength.

It's so depressing sometimes, only 10 years ago I was wielding sledgehammers in the rail yards, strong as an ox...but those days are over.

Sorry about the vault door, gives me chills just thinking about it, glad you recovered.

Edited by atexsix
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

When you were at Lowe's did you put the AC units in your car?  That sounds like a lot of back strain.  Whatever the reason, I hope it heals quickly.

Roy

Yes I did, it was stupid, and my doctors have repeatedly told me not to do everything on the weekend, so it's my own fault.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dfish said:

I am so sorry!   Rest up and take care.  I hope you are feeling better in the morning.

Thanks, that's what I'm doing.

I hope your power wasn't out for too long, being without electricity is the worst!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, erewhon said:

Thanks for all the daily information and the port photos.

@kazu pleased that you did not have garden damage, your blue Hydrangea is lovely.

@mamaofamigood to hear that Sam is making gprogress.

@Crazy For Catswarmest congratulations on your Anniversary.

@Sharon in AZ keep enjoying the Kim Crawford wine with your DM.

@atexsixsorry to hear of your back problem.

Raining and fog here today.

Heavy rain further north, the West Coast  and top of the South Island have experienced flooding, people were evacuated from their homes. Picton was cut off by flooding.(Some of you will have visited  the town).

Take care everyone.

Thanks, it'll pass I'm sure.  Heading for a hot soak shortly, @kazu inspired me

• Like 2

2 hours ago, aliaschief said:

I will check it out, thanks!

• Like 1

Sorry for so many posts, 

1 hour ago, aliaschief said:

Should have said Tim’s unit. Spell check wins again.

I hate spell check lol, I've had to go back and edit so many times because of that darn thing

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, atexsix said:

Thanks, that's what I'm doing.

I hope your power wasn't out for too long, being without electricity is the worst!

Power was only out for a couple hours.  Then cable service was out for an hour longer.  It is always something!  

• Like 3

11 hours ago, atexsix said:

Sorry for so many posts, 

I hate spell check lol, I've had to go back and edit so many times because of that darn thing

I can touch type on my keyboard, but have to watch my fingers typing on my IPHONE. Sometimes I type an entire paragraph only to look up and say, “whoa, I didn’t say THAT!”

St Louis Sal

• Like 3
  • Haha 2