Children } Covid Vacinations

janroatan

Our daughter is planning a cruise for January, hoping to take our Grandaughter.Will she have to be fully vaccinated to go one cruise?Her state ( Georgia) is not offering vax. to children under 12 at this time.

No state is (vaccinating kids under 12).  NCL has not planned that far out.  Until 10/31/21 your granddaughter would not be allowed to cruise, period.  Not sure what will happen by January.  Maybe the vaccine is available to her?  Maybe NCL changes their rules?

Edited by oteixeira

I listened to a dept of health brief in my state yesterday they are expecting vaccines to be available for under 12 late fall October or November. I can only assume they know as this was referring to primary school safety 

Edited by saltsandknit
Clarity
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, All-ready2cruise said:

I don't think  any country is either.  Only time will tell if they find a solution to child vaccination against Covid 19. 

The clinical trials have already been done. It is a matter on whether the results demonstrate a sufficient effectivity rate over time at the doses used in the trials and to get the FDA and CDC to approve it. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

The clinical trials have already been done. It is a matter on whether the results demonstrate a sufficient effectivity rate over time at the doses used in the trials and to get the FDA and CDC to approve it. 

Right, and this is the latest for Canadian children: 

"In mid-June, the federal government invested $1.8 million into a pan-Canadian study to monitor the safety and effectiveness of COVID-19 vaccines in youth. The study is to be conducted through the IMPACT (Immunization Monitoring Program ACTive) network, which has analyzed pediatric vaccines for more than 30 years."

Pfizer  is the only vaccine approved in Canada for 12-17 year olds and it has been found effective.  Fingers crossed that the younger children will get a vaccine soon as well. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Actually, trials still going on

https://13wham.com/news/local/vaccine-trials-underway-for-kids-ages-six-months-and-up-in-rochester

We’re waiting until our daughter is fully-vaccinated before we book our next cruise. Sure, COVID has been less of a threat to kids, but we don’t want to be a statistic—especially if a vaccine is forthcoming in the next 6 months or so.

We’re hoping for a cruise maybe next May, if she can get vaccinated during the winter. It’s hard to wait, but we made it this far, and we can make it another 9 months—the peace of mind will be worth it.

That first cruise back is going to feel so good!

On 7/17/2021 at 11:49 AM, janroatan said:

Our daughter is planning a cruise for January, hoping to take our Grandaughter.Will she have to be fully vaccinated to go one cruise?Her state ( Georgia) is not offering vax. to children under 12 at this time.

With NCL clearly not allowing non-vaccinated onboard I see no reason to book with children at this point. I have all the faith that rules will change, off the cuff. The cash outlay is not worth it until the rules are clear. On that note:  Look to Viking this week as an example why things change, for the good and bad, Quickly. Before I get flamed. The issue was one onboard tested positive. Vaccine or not I care less. Vaccine does not stop you from getting it. Anyway, look what Iceland did. Off the cuff rules. Just wait until we see what governments will do before doing. This is regarding anyone who cannot get a Vaccine. Rest of us go have a great time. 

Edited by sunbrookgal

On 7/17/2021 at 11:49 AM, janroatan said:

I would not risk it...yet.    Wait to see how things shake out especially when final payment is due and they change the rules. You don't want to be denied boarding, charged for a bunch of covid tests and have to purchase expensive insurance for covid. You would not be able to buy just for the child. You would need to buy a family policy.

Steve