Jump to content

Terrible Check-in So Far for the Edge


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Well, unimpressive to say the least.  We arrived at 12 for a 12:30 check-in for a suite.  We were directed to a suite line outside...a Disney-like line that winds and winds and moves incrementally.

 

We joined the line at 12 noon.  We are still in line at 12:28.  My husband estimates that there are still about 75 people ahead of us.  THE longest wait we have EVER experienced and certainly not what others have posted who have sailed before us.  Adding that there is no water available and no seating for those with canes and walkers.  
 

Not a great start to this long awaited cruise!  Things can only improve, right?

Edited by GeorgiaPeach51
Added info
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Now it is 12:40 and we are still not in the building.  A lady I just spoke with said tons of people came at 10 this morning and they could not open the doors till 11:40, so this massive backlog is due to that.  
 

Not buying what she’s selling.....the previous cruises had none of this nonsense.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, GeorgiaPeach51 said:

Now it is 12:40 and we are still not in the building.  A lady I just spoke with said tons of people came at 10 this morning and they could not open the doors till 11:40, so this massive backlog is due to that.  
 

Not buying what she’s selling.....the previous cruises had none of this nonsense.

 

Is it really too early to complain?  if your check-in time was 12:30, you've really only waited 10 minutes.  Is it really Celebrity's fault if you came early?

  • Like 29
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, GeorgiaPeach51 said:

Now it is 12:40 and we are still not in the building.  A lady I just spoke with said tons of people came at 10 this morning and they could not open the doors till 11:40, so this massive backlog is due to that.  
 

Not buying what she’s selling.....the previous cruises had none of this nonsense.

That was before the word got out that Suite guests could go anytime rather than the assigned time.  Looks like most went early.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ipeeinthepool said:

 

Is it really too early to complain?  if your check-in time was 12:30, you've really only waited 10 minutes.  Is it really Celebrity's fault if you came early?

Read the whole post, please.  And previous ones regarding check in.  This experience is very different.  We have now been in line 50 minutes and not there yet.

 

my point is that this is very different from earlier Edge cruises this summer.  It is very hot.  There is no water.  No seating for the elderly.  Not up to celebrity standards.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, GeorgiaPeach51 said:

Read the whole post, please.  And previous ones regarding check in.  This experience is very different.  We have now been in line 50 minutes and not there yet.

 

my point is that this is very different from earlier Edge cruises this summer.  It is very hot.  There is no water.  No seating for the elderly.  Not up to celebrity standards.

 

I read the post.  You arrived before your check-in time and you're upset because people got there before you.

  • Like 13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, GeorgiaPeach51 said:

 THE longest wait we have EVER experienced and certainly not what others have posted who have sailed before us. 

I am sorry to hear this. Perhaps it is just because of the reporting of those of us in the Retreat that did sail before you. Our check-in time was 4:30 pm and we arrived at 12:15 and we were escorted right in. I guess that everyone in line ahead of you read the same reports and arrived early as well, having later check-in times.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

 What change in vaccine policy?

Mixed vaccines are no longer be accepted as being considered  “fully vaccinated” when sailing from a U.S port. Mixed vaccines were accepted before. All the cruise lines quietly made the this change over the last couple of days in accordance to a CDC ruling.

Could Put many travellers not from the U.S in a problematic situation when trying to board today or in the future.

 

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/6302/

 

Edited by pixiedust777
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, pixiedust777 said:

Mixed vaccines are no longer be accepted as being considered  “fully vaccinated” when sailing from a U.S port. Mixed vaccines were accepted before. All the cruise lines quietly made the this change over the last couple of days in accordance to a CDC ruling.

Could Put many travellers not from the U.S in a problematic situation when trying to board today or in the future.
 

 

Thanks.  I guess I'd be surprised if there were a lot of people in that position.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

Are there other shorter lines you could join (not for suites)?  i hope things get better and that you enjoy your cruise.

 

I would hope they don't let all of the suite passengers who arrive early slow down the lines for others that are arriving on time.

  • Like 14
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, jelayne said:

That was before the word got out that Suite guests could go anytime rather than the assigned time.  Looks like most went early.

Good to know, if this is Celebrity's new official position for suite guests checking in, as we sail in 3 weeks and will be driving down and staying at a hotel overnight before heading to the terminal to check-in.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why did people start showing up at 10?  It was my understanding that everyone had a assigned check-in time, and I thought the earliest was 11:30  or 12. 
I never figured out the rush to be on the ship first and willing to stand in lines to do so.

  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry to hear of your delayed boarding.    Certainly is a spoiler to begin your cruise.   Hopefully you will be aboard shortly and can put all this behind you and enjoy your cruise. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I feel for you.  I am sorry some of the comments here aren't nice.  You arrived within 30 min of your check in time.  Sounds like the 10:00 people arriving really put everyone behind. I am sorry but hopefully you will be on board soon and put this bumpy start behind. Bon Voyage and thanks for letting us know about your experience.  Keep us posted on how the rest of your day goes. 

 

Walter 

  • Like 21
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, stinsowm said:

I feel for you.  I am sorry some of the comments here aren't nice.  You arrived within 30 min of your check in time.  Sounds like the 10:00 people arriving really put everyone behind. I am sorry but hopefully you will be on board soon and put this bumpy start behind. Bon Voyage and thanks for letting us know about your experience.  Keep us posted on how the rest of your day goes. 

 

Walter 

Agree it seems that the problem was caused by passengers arriving long before boarding was scheduled to start for anyone.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...