Back From the Edge-a post cruise review of July 3-10 w/ pics

EMc&DrS

59 minutes ago, EMc&DrS said:

Don't forget you'll need masks if you plan to get off the ship.  We had to wear them out in all three ports on our trip, but not at the beach.  I know they are requiring them in Mexico for those on the Western Caribbean itinerary. 

Not planning on getting off until thrown off at the end!  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, EMc&DrS said:

When I use the zoom on the iPhone, the pics look great on the phone and on Facebook, Cruise Critic, etc. They just are not the same when transferred to the big screen of my iMac.

You definitely have a knack for photos.  With the iPhone, you have to look up your phones exact specs for the optical zoom range; for example the iPhone Pro 12 is 2x out, the Pro Max is 2.5x out and if you zoom anymore than those ranges it'll include that dreaded digital zoom.  

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

You definitely have a knack for photos.  With the iPhone, you have to look up your phones exact specs for the optical zoom range; for example the iPhone Pro 12 is 2x out, the Pro Max is 2.5x out and if you zoom anymore than those ranges it'll include that dreaded digital zoom.  

Thanks--I didn't know that.  I have the 11 (not the 11 Pro), so I'll have to look it up.

3 hours ago, EMc&DrS said:

Thanks--I didn't know that.  I have the 11 (not the 11 Pro), so I'll have to look it up.

I've disabled digital zoom on my iPhone, so no issues.  My last trip to Europe I took all my photos with my iPhone, never missed lugging that big, heavy camera around.  Well, once in a great while it would be cool to have that big zoom lens, but not enough to justify dragging the big, heavy camera.

• Like 1

Thank you  so much for taking the time to post your review.  We were actually on this cruise as well, and found it to be a great time.  Perhaps even passed each other on the way home.  Best of luck on your next cruise.

Sparky

12 hours ago, Ret BC said:

Thank you  so much for taking the time to post your review.  We were actually on this cruise as well, and found it to be a great time.  Perhaps even passed each other on the way home.  Best of luck on your next cruise.

Sparky

Thanks. Perhaps we met at some point. We found everybody on board to be especially friendly.

just curious, did you happen to encounter the elderly lady on the scooter who seemed to be alone? She was on our hall and was often seen wearing a bedazzled Elvis jacket. Unfortunately, she seemed to have dementia and should never have been alone. I had to help her find her room at one point because she was totally lost.  My daughter encountered locked outside of her room in her underwear. Could not understand how this person could be on a cruise alone. Her room was a disaster when I let her in.

• 1 month later...
On 7/20/2021 at 2:39 PM, wrk2cruise said:

On Celebrity the shows are generally at 7 and 9.

Great review!  We will be on the Edge in 21 days!

1.   While making our dining reservations (ahead of time) how long should I allow for dinner, to still make the show?     
2.  What nights/dining room is the beef Wellington/lobster offered?  Like which nights and which room should I make that reservation for?

3. I don’t think we really need specialty dining.  Sounds like the mains are great. But in your opinion, should we be doing Eden dinner??? For its uniqueness.