Jump to content

Non Suite Guests In Luminae


Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, Denny01 said:

Great, and one of these days, I’ll start using 21century words and work myself out of the 50’s! “And I bet having a spouse who is in their early 40’s helps!”. 

 

Being dyslexic or just waaaay to quick on the keyboard, i read ‘Betty’ instead of Bretty….Ha!  

 

Den

Having one eye closed and typing with two fingers probably doesn't help, either. Maybe find your glasses and start over, right?

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't recall seeing any "non-Retreat" guests in the Luminae last week.  Matter of fact, all the staff seemed to know all of our names on sight after Day 1 whenever I dined there.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/20/2021 at 12:30 AM, Denny01 said:

Great, and one of these days, I’ll start using 21century words and work myself out of the 50’s! “And I bet having a spouse who is in their early 40’s helps!”. 

 

Being dyslexic or just waaaay to quick on the keyboard, i read ‘Betty’ instead of Bretty….Ha!  

 

Den

Okay I had to come back to tell you this because I think you'll find this funny. I did.

 

This morning I've had a nice chat with an X booking agent in the US to get a price adjustment on a cruise next year. Gave my name and booking reference and she says "uh oh, looks like me made a boo boo", and then proceeded to tell me that I'm listed on the reservation as a lady 🤷‍♀️🤣  "and you don't sound like a lady to me". Cue lots of sniggers from us both.

So she said "we need to fix that" and I told her I had visions of me turning up to board in a wig and a dress. We had a good laugh at that one.

 

Happy cruising 🚢

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Bretty said:

Okay I had to come back to tell you this because I think you'll find this funny. I did.

 

This morning I've had a nice chat with an X booking agent in the US to get a price adjustment on a cruise next year. Gave my name and booking reference and she says "uh oh, looks like me made a boo boo", and then proceeded to tell me that I'm listed on the reservation as a lady 🤷‍♀️🤣  "and you don't sound like a lady to me". Cue lots of sniggers from us both.

So she said "we need to fix that" and I told her I had visions of me turning up to board in a wig and a dress. We had a good laugh at that one.

 

Happy cruising 🚢

You just reminded me of one of my favorite scenes from ‘Birdcage’ (US), where they meet the guy they want to direct their very bad play “Springtime for Hitler” and he is ‘dressed up‘ for a party! 

 

Den

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Bretty said:

Okay I had to come back to tell you this because I think you'll find this funny. I did.

 

This morning I've had a nice chat with an X booking agent in the US to get a price adjustment on a cruise next year. Gave my name and booking reference and she says "uh oh, looks like me made a boo boo", and then proceeded to tell me that I'm listed on the reservation as a lady 🤷‍♀️🤣  "and you don't sound like a lady to me". Cue lots of sniggers from us both.

So she said "we need to fix that" and I told her I had visions of me turning up to board in a wig and a dress. We had a good laugh at that one.

 

Happy cruising 🚢

 

Another funny--on my very first Celebrity cruise, my sister and I were sharing a concierge class cabin.  This was back in the day when CC cabins came with personalized stationery.  Hers was personalized with Mr.  We had a good laugh over that one.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/20/2021 at 11:50 AM, graphicguy said:

I don't recall seeing any "non-Retreat" guests in the Luminae last week.  Matter of fact, all the staff seemed to know all of our names on sight after Day 1 whenever I dined there.

Like Cheers.  🎵Where everybody knows your name.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Denny01 said:

You just reminded me of one of my favorite scenes from ‘Birdcage’ (US), where they meet the guy they want to direct their very bad play “Springtime for Hitler” and he is ‘dressed up‘ for a party! 

 

Den

Oops! I continue to make errors……the movie was The Producers!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Denny01 said:

Oops! I continue to make errors……the movie was The Producers!

I think then you might have been thinking of Nathan Lane who starred in both The Producers and Birdcage.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Bretty said:

I think then you might have been thinking of Nathan Lane who starred in both The Producers and Birdcage.

We need to cruise together! I’ll make statements with lots of errors and you can nicely correct me!!! Got to set up another Around the UK, or TA from Southampton, or something that starts in the UK so we have an excuse to hang out for a week or so. Just a fantastic time. 

 

I said how much I loved traveling in the UK and a friend said it was because we speak the same language. I hesitated and reminded him that I had to turn on Closed Captioning when I watched British mysteries because I missed have the words! Oh well. Not only deaf, a bit slow on the uptake.

 

Isn’t it lovely that this thread has gone quiet on the original reason and we can just go off on it!

 

den

 

 

Edited by Denny01
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

We need to cruise together! I’ll make statements with lots of errors and you can nicely correct me!!! Got to set up another Around the UK, or TA from Southampton, or something that starts in the UK so we have an excuse to hang out for a week or so. Just a fantastic time. 

 

I said how much I loved traveling in the UK and a friend said it was because we speak the same language. I hesitated and reminded him that I had to turn on Closed Captioning when I watched British mysteries because I missed have the words! Oh well. Not only deaf, a bit slow on the uptake.

 

Isn’t it lovely that this thread has gone quiet on the original reason and we can just go off on it!

 

den

 

 

What was the original topic again? DYKWIAs trying to haggle a table in the buffet or something right? 🤣

 

Me correcting you makes me sound awfully like one of my old school teachers... maybe not such a good idea!

 

I have to turn up the TV on those shows, not because I’m deaf but because the actors all speak so softly, captions might actually help me.

 

If we ever cruise together you can call me Betty (and I’ll call you Al 😉).

Edited by Bretty
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Denny01 said:

You just reminded me of one of my favorite scenes from ‘Birdcage’ (US), where they meet the guy they want to direct their very bad play “Springtime for Hitler” and he is ‘dressed up‘ for a party! 

 

Den

All of us theater buffs knew what you meant! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, sunpsyche said:

All of us theater buffs knew what you meant! 

And we can probably sing the whole show!

"I am what what I am, I am my own special creation..." 😎

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Bretty said:

And we can probably sing the whole show!

"I am what what I am, I am my own special creation..." 😎

You are quoting one of the most famous, and my favorite, Philosophers……Popeye the Sailor Man! I am what I am!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...