July 25, 2021 Live From Majestic Princess Alaska sailing

59 minutes ago, SeaTacMike said:

Wishing you all a safe and spectacular journey !
We will be onboard for the Spt. 26th sailing.
If anyone is able, could I ask you to post a screen shot of a speed test while connected to MedallionNet?  Have "boatloads" of fun and adventure!

6 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

How many do you expect?  Without several done at different times of day, this info isn't going to be very useful IMO.

They had something on Medallion Mondays about their Wi-Fi. I expect it will be non-existent in Glacier Bay. They kept talking about known dead zones and showing pictures of Glacier Bay. LOL!!!! They will have slower Wi-Fi in Alaska as they are closer to the 'poles'. I don't expect it to be very fast, based on what they said. I used it in Alaska four years ago and it was okay for email and basic browsing. You may wish to watch this VIDEO

They do mention they will announce when the dead zones are expected to occur. I hope it is faster now than it was four years ago- but I'm not a big streamer, so I'm okay with basic internet (ie I can do the things I have to for work). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SeaTacMike said:

If anyone is able, could I ask you to post a screen shot of a speed test while connected to MedallionNet?  Have "boatloads" of fun and adventure!

It’s not great right now here in home port. I’m showing about 5mbps  I’ll check later out at sea to know if it gets better. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SeaTacMike said:

Mike, 

It may change when they go from MEO To GEO satellites. I think that happens somewhere parallel to Vancouver.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChangeOrder said:

Welcome Aboard! 
image.thumb.jpeg.6fdef853c6b76e2587dcf0e3b7a197e6.jpeg

Does anyone know what these cabinets/drawers are for by the Intl Cafe? My guess was a coffee cup storage from pre-Covid times. image.thumb.jpeg.98b75e1f8a78466def42bfb1b5607526.jpeg

That's to hold all the loose tea leaves, of all the mighty Tea leaf flavors that they offer on board the ship that you can order a pot of.

Edited by Jeter02
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ChangeOrder said:

Boarding was amazing and too fast! Bag drop was outside. Lines were almost non existent. We passed through stop one to check our passports and vax cards, which were scrutinized very closely.

Did they verify your arrival appointment time at any point?

20 minutes ago, aprilsp88 said:

Is there any live streaming for sail away? Want to feel the excitement! I searched youtube and facebook but can't find any. Bridge and port cam is not clear and no sound. Thanks in advance.

It may be that they will live stream it on Princess's Facebook page.

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

If you know him, or speak to him, ask him what he thinks of DMW.

We are not currently onboard (we will be on the Majestic for New Year's).  But, I can tell you that the staff is a bit nervous as to how DMW will actually work in real time.  Time will tell...

On 7/17/2021 at 3:21 PM, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Literally the entire patter is there. 

Does it include any mention of karaoke? We're almost definitely going to be reserving a cabin on the 12/11 Mexico itinerary, probably in a few days, and I'm a huge karaoke addict. Guess I'll have to wait for the actual Patters to get posted if it doesn't show up in the app.

1 minute ago, barrykel said:

Does it include any mention of karaoke? We're almost definitely going to be reserving a cabin on the 12/11 Mexico itinerary, probably in a few days, and I'm a huge karaoke addict. Guess I'll have to wait for the actual Patters to get posted if it doesn't show up in the app.

On the princess website under frequently asked questions it does specifically state that there will be no karaoke at this time as it's too much of a gathering event.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ChangeOrder said:

No Princess horn?!? Just your standard three blasts. 

Boo!!! I love the princess Lauren and if anything I feel like that would have been the most appropriate thing to play. What to do I would just be as thrilled as you are right now sailing away as we speak. Please have a fantastic Cruise!!! I can't wait to join her next week.