July 25, 2021 Live From Majestic Princess Alaska sailing

2 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

I'm a bit concerned about that early flight.  I may consider ordering a shuttle.  

We're using Seattle Express both ways. $75 for both of us and they have outstanding reviews on TripAdvisor. You need to reserve them (you can do it one-way only) and they leave from the pier every twenty minutes from 7am to 11am. 

I agree with AF-1 - use the free Port Valet service. Forms are distributed on board. If you participate, you'll get your boarding passes and special luggage tags the last night of the cruise. Fantastic service and saves time at the airport. 

We have Global Entry (includes TSA Precheck) and CLEAR, so we get through security quickly at many airports. SEA-TAC has a trial service where you can reserve your time at the security line (not available if you have TSA Precheck). You can find out more here.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AF-1 said:

I last cruised out of Seattle in 2019.  There were plenty of taxi's at the port and they have to charge flat rate to airport..  Suggest you use the Port of Seattle luggage program which is free to use.  Our luggage was picked up and we saw it when we arrive home in Cincinnati.  Great service.  

Last time we were in Seattle, we caught the flat rate cab as well.  I am hoping it is still available.  

Oh, and we used the free luggage valet service!!  Pure gold!

• Like 1

Just now, kml246 said:

We're using Seattle Express both ways. $75 for both of us and they have outstanding reviews on TripAdvisor. You need to reserve them (you can do it one-way only) and they leave from the pier every twenty minutes from 7am to 11am. 

I agree with AF-1 - use the free Port Valet service. Forms are distributed on board. If you participate, you'll get your boarding passes and special luggage tags the last night of the cruise. Fantastic service and saves time at the airport. 

We have Global Entry (includes TSA Precheck) and CLEAR, so we get through security quickly at many airports. SEA-TAC has a trial service where you can reserve your time at the security line (not available if you have TSA Precheck). You can find out more here.

I looked up Seattle Express online and it shows they won't do rides directly from the airport to the pier, otherwise we were going to book with them for roundtrip.  I will definitely book them for the way home ... maybe just catch an Uber or one of the Princess shuttles for the trip to the pier.  

I am also very excited for this thread! A CC member was asking about the "amber code" and what is meant by that. I went to the CDC and found info about Cruise Ship Status. It lists the Majestic status as Yellow. Does anyone know what that means? It was updated July 23.

Happy Sailing to All!

9 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

I looked up Seattle Express online and it shows they won't do rides directly from the airport to the pier, otherwise we were going to book with them for roundtrip.  I will definitely book them for the way home ... maybe just catch an Uber or one of the Princess shuttles for the trip to the pier.  

We're coming in on Saturday and staying in the Crowne Plaza Airport. Seattle Express is picking us up there on Sunday morning, so never checked whether they went from the airport. Glad you'll get them back to the airport.

Hello

Thank you for doing this thread.

Do you know or could you ask if they are doing any shared tables for dining. I am traveling solo and they have me sitting at a table for 2 alone. Not real happy about that.

Thank you in advance and hope you are having an awesome time and staying warm.

Kathy

9 minutes ago, kml246 said:

We're coming in on Saturday and staying in the Crowne Plaza Airport. Seattle Express is picking us up there on Sunday morning, so never checked whether they went from the airport. Glad you'll get them back to the airport.

Oh my goodness ... these are the nicest people and I love how their shuttles run.  You don't have to name a time as to when you think you may be able to get off the ship.  I just booked our shuttle for the way back to the airport and was even able to get a AAA discount.  We are now good to go!!  So happy!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cruise Raider said:

Oh my goodness ... these are the nicest people and I love how their shuttles run.  You don't have to name a time as to when you think you may be able to get off the ship.  I just booked our shuttle for the way back to the airport and was even able to get a AAA discount.  We are now good to go!!  So happy!!

Glad to help and you got your booking! Enjoy your cruise!

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, nini said:

I am also very excited for this thread! A CC member was asking about the "amber code" and what is meant by that. I went to the CDC and found info about Cruise Ship Status. It lists the Majestic status as Yellow. Does anyone know what that means? It was updated July 23.

Happy Sailing to All!

From my PvP’s supervisor yesterday. 

7C4310E7-7C98-4BE0-AC41-15523F385735.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Are any of your posts going to be "live" as in real time?  I know that you can do "live" using FaceTime, but not sure if CC has a way to do any event truly live.  

I will be surprised that the Majestic will be able to sail away on Sunday.  There's all of you AND all of us that are following you.  That's a heavy load for any one ship.

Thanks for taking us along with you on this journey.  Do take time to enjoy your lattes and drinks.  

E mālama pono

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Wishing all of you folks on this first cruise a great and healthy trip!!! We are on the Aug 8th cruise... if anyone flew in from Burbank, can you tell me how long the lines were? Our flight is at 7AM on the 8th.. wondering if we should go 3 hours early due to shortage of airport staff....

Thanks in advance... and post pics if you have time!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

Are you flying in Day of trip?

SJC from curb to Trader Vics near my gate a whopping 20 minutes including a bathroom break. First class and TSA precheck helped but even without that the lines were minimal. The Chandon is taking longer than TSA 

@cr8tiv1too funny about the heavy load. I will be in the moment enjoying and taking in everything I’ve missed for so long. I’m not really into posting on social media at all. So no actual live from me. However I will post once a day about my experience. And answer questions as I can. There are so many on our roll call participating. Maybe one of the teens with us will. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

17 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

SJC from curb to Trader Vics near my gate a whopping 20 minutes including a bathroom break. First class and TSA precheck helped but even without that the lines were minimal. The Chandon is taking longer than TSA 

@cr8tiv1too funny about the heavy load. I will be in the moment enjoying and taking in everything I’ve missed for so long. I’m not really into posting on social media at all. So no actual live from me. However I will post once a day about my experience. And answer questions as I can. There are so many on our roll call participating. Maybe one of the teens with us will. 

Bon Voyage!!!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, rabin1 said:

Hello

Thank you for doing this thread.

Do you know or could you ask if they are doing any shared tables for dining. I am traveling solo and they have me sitting at a table for 2 alone. Not real happy about that.

Thank you in advance and hope you are having an awesome time and staying warm.

Kathy

Hi Kathy- I'm not on this cruise, but I think I have a solution. Somewhere in the many threads I am following someone mentioned that they found other solo travelers and they linked their reservations in the app. Then they booked a table for six of them each night. In the app, you are able link reservations, so you can do activities and dining together. I do know that is possible, because I've linked my cabin with my brothers- and I booked us a table for four. Good luck and bon voyage!

Because of the back and forth between the CDC and the State of Florida, Greg and I decided to cancel this trip about a month or so ago.  Not sure if we made the right decision.  In any case, we wish you a safe and enjoyable cruise!  Happy sailing!

6 hours ago, kml246 said:

Thank you to AF-1 and you for mentioning the port valet luggage program and posting the link for it! We are first time cruisers and would have had no idea about this. It sounds like a great way to alleviate a little stress and we are always all for that! Looking forward to all the little tidbits of information coming from these first cruises. We are on the September 5 sailing and are so excited!!

56 minutes ago, jangor said:

Because of the back and forth between the CDC and the State of Florida, Greg and I decided to cancel this trip about a month or so ago.  Not sure if we made the right decision.  In any case, we wish you a safe and enjoyable cruise!  Happy sailing!

That's why we're all cruising from California in 2021.

Ray

• Like 1

Looking forward to the 'live.'  Will be interesting to hear what happens on board re unvacc pax, masks, reservations in theatre, restaurants etc. Also shorex if only Princess shorex pax allowed off ship.

Happy and safe cruising.

Edited by NSWP
  • Thanks 1