Bringing Soft Drinks On Board

Bgwest

Searched the FAQs and found nothing so though we'd ask here. 

Does MSC allow passengers to bring soft drinks on board? If is matters, we are on the Musica from Venice (or alternate embarkation port) to S. Africa in October and on Poesia next summer from Copenhagen on two separate sailings. The first to Finland, etc and the second to Russia, etc.

These will be our first time on MSC. We are accustomed to taking canned soft drinks aboard with us on Princess and other lines. 

Thanks!

50 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

Searched the FAQs and found nothing so though we'd ask here. 

Does MSC allow passengers to bring soft drinks on board? If is matters, we are on the Musica from Venice (or alternate embarkation port) to S. Africa in October and on Poesia next summer from Copenhagen on two separate sailings. The first to Finland, etc and the second to Russia, etc.

These will be our first time on MSC. We are accustomed to taking canned soft drinks aboard with us on Princess and other lines. 

Thanks!

I believe the policy on the MSC website states no drinks are allowed to be brought onboard.

Cruising out of Miami (which is what we have done) you are not allowed to bring any beverages on board. However we have found that if you purchase beverages while in a port, they are not confiscated when you return on board. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, cellfree said:

... However we have found that if you purchase beverages while in a port, they are not confiscated when you return on board. 

This was my experience on 21 day b2b in the north Atlantic. We had at least 15 port stops around the UK and up to Nordkapp along Nordic coast. People brought back all manner of drinks (alcohol, sodas, water). Eventually (not believing what I was seeing), we even brought a couple bottles of Coke back with us. Everything went through the scanners, and no one was stopped. It may be different with the pandemic era and/or your location. I don't know what happened at Hamburg (start/end) as we did not get off the ship between cruises. (That was nice, too. We just checked in the night before and transfer was complete.)

Edited by Rhea98

When on Seaview, every time we came back on board, there was a huge trash can filled to the rim with half empty water and soda bottles. I don't know if people were asked to dispose of their bottles, or did so voluntarily. Since we always use a refillable water bottle, we of course kept it with us and no one said anything about it (although filling directly from the tap in the buffet wasn't allowed for hygiene reasons, so we used clean cups that were provided and pored them over).

Please could someone confirm if the same rule applies to UK cruising?   I usually take a bottle of orange squash (normally I'm Cunard or P&O, both allow this) with me.

I have tried to contact MSC UK, but they've asked me to phone the booking team to answer my question, and I just don't have a spare few hours atm.

Thank you  🙂