No room service for disembarkation breakfast

This may be obvious to the long-time Royal cruisers, but room service breakfast was not available on disembarkation day on the Adventure 7/10/21 sailing. They took our filled out hanger off the door but no food arrived. When we called to check, we were informed that room service was closed. 

So sorry you weren't aware that room service has "never" been available on the last morning- turnaround day. It's usually stated so in the Compass).

(Im always cautious in using the word "never" but that's been my experience after many cruises .)

Edited by long4acruise
  • Like 1

We have not had Room Service available on the last morning of our 80+ past cruises.  The “As You Depart” instruction sheet given the last night usually lists where breakfast will be available the next morning.  The venues are usually limited compared to other mornings during the cruise. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, long4acruise said:

So sorry you weren't aware that room service has "never" been available on the last morning- turnaround day. It's usually stated so in the Compass).

(Im always cautious in using the word "never" but that's been my experience after many cruises .)

We must have missed it. I decided to post it here to educate others who might be in the same “boat” (pun intended).

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, phdiva said:

This may be obvious to the long-time Royal cruisers, but room service breakfast was not available on disembarkation day on the Adventure 7/10/21 sailing. They took our filled out hanger off the door but no food arrived. When we called to check, we were informed that room service was closed. 

The departure information the Adventure identifies which venues are open on disembarkation day.

image.thumb.png.bde6364777817d51ed3575701ccb5ca2.png

• Like 2

The last thing on turn around day they need is more jobs to do .it is written in the departure information where Breakfast is available and announcements are done on the important disenbarking information in cruise compass , they want everyone out of the cabin's ASAP. 😇

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Reina del Mar said:

Pre Covid, we have chosen to pick up some cereal, milk, bowls, spoons and juice for disembarkation day, from the buffet on the penultimate day, to avoid the crowds on the last morning.  Not sure if this might be an option now.

Sounds like a plan. 

2 hours ago, njkruzer said:

Yep, no room service morning of departure,  even if you are staying on for the next cruise. 

Yes...I know that but it would be a great option !!!!!

2 hours ago, njkruzer said:

Yep, no room service morning of departure,  even if you are staying on for the next cruise. 

For b2b's we have a nice leisurely breakfast in the MDR.  On days we're departing, we also eat in the MDR.

53 minutes ago, Reina del Mar said:

Pre Covid, we have chosen to pick up some cereal, milk, bowls, spoons and juice for disembarkation day, from the buffet on the penultimate day, to avoid the crowds on the last morning.  Not sure if this might be an option now.

not a bad idea

ill have remember that if we ever get to cruise again

Just now, lenquixote66 said:

Why would you want room service on the last day ? You just want to shower,get dressed and get off the ship ,correct ?

Depends on your schedule.   Where are going?  Home directly?  Airport?   Hotel?  When can you check in for your next stop?  If no rush, then slow breakfast in mdr works.  If your not getting off, why the need to rush.  Do what works best for you.

3 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Depends on your schedule.   Where are going?  Home directly?  Airport?   Hotel?  When can you check in for your next stop?  If no rush, then slow breakfast in mdr works.  If your not getting off, why the need to rush.  Do what works best for you.

You are right,I forgot that not everyone is in a hurry to get home .😀

8 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Yikes !!!!!!

Before I retired last year I was getting up at 5:40 am and DH gets up by 4 am for work.  Even on weekends, DH is up by 6 and I'm up between 7-730 so getting up earlier isn't a big deal.  

DH used to walk in the am before getting ready and going to work by 8 or so.  With the pandemic, they didn't want people sharing offices so he and his officemate were on offset schedules so DH was at work by 5-5:30 and he walked in the afternoon.  A lot of people I know are up by 7 all the time.

Edited by BND

30 minutes ago, BND said:

Before I retired last year I was getting up at 5:40 am and DH gets up by 4 am for work.  Even on weekends, DH is up by 6 and I'm up between 7-730 so getting up earlier isn't a big deal.  

DH used to walk in the am before getting ready and going to work by 8 or so.  With the pandemic, they didn't want people sharing offices so he and his officemate were on offset schedules so DH was at work by 5-5:30 and he walked in the afternoon.  A lot of people I know are up by 7 all the time.

Thanks but TMI...I just made a fun comment :classic_wink:

4 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Thanks but TMI...I just made a fun comment :classic_wink:

Yikes means yikes for me.  Can't really interpret what someone means by one word.  There are people who think anything before 10 am is crazy early on vacay.

Edited by BND
  • Like 1