Jump to content

No room service for disembarkation breakfast


Recommended Posts

This may be obvious to the long-time Royal cruisers, but room service breakfast was not available on disembarkation day on the Adventure 7/10/21 sailing. They took our filled out hanger off the door but no food arrived. When we called to check, we were informed that room service was closed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

So sorry you weren't aware that room service has "never" been available on the last morning- turnaround day. It's usually stated so in the Compass).

 

(Im always cautious in using the word "never" but that's been my experience after many cruises .)

Edited by long4acruise
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We have not had Room Service available on the last morning of our 80+ past cruises.  The “As You Depart” instruction sheet given the last night usually lists where breakfast will be available the next morning.  The venues are usually limited compared to other mornings during the cruise. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, long4acruise said:

So sorry you weren't aware that room service has "never" been available on the last morning- turnaround day. It's usually stated so in the Compass).

 

(Im always cautious in using the word "never" but that's been my experience after many cruises .)

We must have missed it. I decided to post it here to educate others who might be in the same “boat” (pun intended).

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, phdiva said:

This may be obvious to the long-time Royal cruisers, but room service breakfast was not available on disembarkation day on the Adventure 7/10/21 sailing. They took our filled out hanger off the door but no food arrived. When we called to check, we were informed that room service was closed. 

The departure information the Adventure identifies which venues are open on disembarkation day.

 

image.thumb.png.bde6364777817d51ed3575701ccb5ca2.png

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The last thing on turn around day they need is more jobs to do .it is written in the departure information where Breakfast is available and announcements are done on the important disenbarking information in cruise compass , they want everyone out of the cabin's ASAP. 😇

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pre Covid, we have chosen to pick up some cereal, milk, bowls, spoons and juice for disembarkation day, from the buffet on the penultimate day, to avoid the crowds on the last morning.  Not sure if this might be an option now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Reina del Mar said:

Pre Covid, we have chosen to pick up some cereal, milk, bowls, spoons and juice for disembarkation day, from the buffet on the penultimate day, to avoid the crowds on the last morning.  Not sure if this might be an option now.

Sounds like a plan. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, njkruzer said:

Yep, no room service morning of departure,  even if you are staying on for the next cruise. 

Yes...I know that but it would be a great option !!!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, njkruzer said:

Yep, no room service morning of departure,  even if you are staying on for the next cruise. 

For b2b's we have a nice leisurely breakfast in the MDR.  On days we're departing, we also eat in the MDR.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, BND said:

For b2b's we have a nice leisurely breakfast in the MDR.  On days we're departing, we also eat in the MDR.

Yes, but it would be nice to be able to sleep in.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Yes, but it would be nice to be able to sleep in.

Well, 7 am is sleeping in for us.  lol

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Reina del Mar said:

Pre Covid, we have chosen to pick up some cereal, milk, bowls, spoons and juice for disembarkation day, from the buffet on the penultimate day, to avoid the crowds on the last morning.  Not sure if this might be an option now.

not a bad idea

ill have remember that if we ever get to cruise again

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, lenquixote66 said:

Why would you want room service on the last day ? You just want to shower,get dressed and get off the ship ,correct ?

Depends on your schedule.   Where are going?  Home directly?  Airport?   Hotel?  When can you check in for your next stop?  If no rush, then slow breakfast in mdr works.  If your not getting off, why the need to rush.  Do what works best for you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Depends on your schedule.   Where are going?  Home directly?  Airport?   Hotel?  When can you check in for your next stop?  If no rush, then slow breakfast in mdr works.  If your not getting off, why the need to rush.  Do what works best for you.

You are right,I forgot that not everyone is in a hurry to get home .😀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Yikes !!!!!!

Before I retired last year I was getting up at 5:40 am and DH gets up by 4 am for work.  Even on weekends, DH is up by 6 and I'm up between 7-730 so getting up earlier isn't a big deal.  

 

DH used to walk in the am before getting ready and going to work by 8 or so.  With the pandemic, they didn't want people sharing offices so he and his officemate were on offset schedules so DH was at work by 5-5:30 and he walked in the afternoon.  A lot of people I know are up by 7 all the time.

Edited by BND
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, BND said:

Before I retired last year I was getting up at 5:40 am and DH gets up by 4 am for work.  Even on weekends, DH is up by 6 and I'm up between 7-730 so getting up earlier isn't a big deal.  

 

DH used to walk in the am before getting ready and going to work by 8 or so.  With the pandemic, they didn't want people sharing offices so he and his officemate were on offset schedules so DH was at work by 5-5:30 and he walked in the afternoon.  A lot of people I know are up by 7 all the time.

Thanks but TMI...I just made a fun comment :classic_wink:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Thanks but TMI...I just made a fun comment :classic_wink:

Yikes means yikes for me.  Can't really interpret what someone means by one word.  There are people who think anything before 10 am is crazy early on vacay.

Edited by BND
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...