Thinking of canceling 3/5/22 cruise

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, BND said:

I know I don't know anyone who has had a breakthrough case.  I do think people are obsessing over the Delta variant but it should be enough to get those unvaccinated to change their  minds.

40 minutes ago, Babr said:

I don’t know anyone who has had a breakthrough infection either. That does not mean it isn’t real.

Indeed, unplanned events spoil vacations, but one has to consider the likelihood of something happening when making their decisions. Is Covid more likely to be a consideration for the foreseeable future?

I know you don’t know me, but I had a breakthrough case in early June. Was fully vaxxed in Feb. Not sure what variant it was. Yes, my symptoms were mild, but my taste is still not fully back. UGH.

OP, Since your Cruise is still a ways away, I would just wait, like others suggested. Nothing to lose.

Edited by crzndeb
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Find your mask again, you may be needing it again sooner then you think. All it takes is for the CDC decide to make people wearing them again.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/cdc-admit-wrong-urge-vaccinated-101917149.html

That's just an opinion piece.   Let's try to destroy more businesses why don't we.   You've made it very clear that you are afraid to cruise,  so I'm not sure why you keep hammering away at those that aren't.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BND said:

That's just an opinion piece.   Let's try to destroy more businesses why don't we.   You've made it very clear that you are afraid to cruise,  so I'm not sure why you keep hammering away at those that aren't.

100%

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Find your mask again, you may be needing it again sooner then you think. All it takes is for the CDC decide to make people wearing them again.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/cdc-admit-wrong-urge-vaccinated-101917149.html

For starters CDC can't "make people wear them again", governors do.  And many states have very low numbers where mask mandates are not coming "sooner than you think".  Michigan covid numbers are very low and aside from a few diehards masks have been gone for a month most everywhere.

• Like 2

Wow, a covid thread that has gone 5 hours.  I am going to guess no more than 4 more hours.

OP,  wait it out at least to the final payment unless you just need to get the deposit back sooner.  

I just booked a cruise for the week before yours, so I hope that we're both going to be able to enjoy our trips!  I agree with waiting until payment is due to see what the situation is in a few months.  In the meantime, we'll have the pleasure of imagining ourselves onboard.

• Like 1

I'm also in the wait and see camp, but with one caveat:  I know that this pandemic has really messed with anxiety levels for a lot of people. OP, if this is going to be a source of anxiety for you, then maybe you should consider canceling.  Personally, having a cruise booked improves my stress levels, but I'm sure that's not the case for everybody. It's a vacation, so thinking about it should boost your mood, not drag you down. 🙂

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sea and Me said:

I booked a March 2022 cruise on the Enchantment a few weeks ago. My payment on my credit card is due 7/28, my final payment is due in November. I did this cruise before and have been to all the islands at least once. I actually booked this cruise on a whim!! (Long story) Now that I am vaccinated and so is the person who would be going with me I felt safe!! However, the new variant is coming to several places and I am getting concerned. Should I wait to see how the world is by November when final payment is due or should I call my agent and cancel this cruise? I did buy the insurance.

Thanks for you thoughts and have a good day.

Come on really? Just live and enjoy life. Its too short. A million other things could happen too.

6 hours ago, Sea and Me said:

I booked a March 2022 cruise on the Enchantment a few weeks ago. My payment on my credit card is due 7/28, my final payment is due in November. I did this cruise before and have been to all the islands at least once. I actually booked this cruise on a whim!! (Long story) Now that I am vaccinated and so is the person who would be going with me I felt safe!! However, the new variant is coming to several places and I am getting concerned. Should I wait to see how the world is by November when final payment is due or should I call my agent and cancel this cruise? I did buy the insurance.

Thanks for you thoughts and have a good day.

Keep your reservation. Enjoy your cruise. We were just on the Adventure and it felt really, really good to be on a cruise again!

1 hour ago, BND said:

I'm not hammering at anyone, just showing what is being reported now on how things are going.

You can believe it or not, I don't care either way what you think.

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I'm not hammering at anyone, just showing what is being reported now on how things are going.

You can believe it or not, I don't care either way what you think.

LOL. Okay, whatever you say.