Vaccine proof

Right now, they just have people answer questions about their vaccination status and show the card at the terminal.  I hope by they time I cruise next month they have the ability for us to upload our card and type in the specific information online.

• Like 1

No not on carnival.

There was a one sentence health assessment that was pulled are you vaccinated..your answer could be subject to penalties etc.

Bring your card to check in.

Hopefully monday or Tuesday we get more info on sept and oct

• Like 1

Just now, TNcruising02 said:

Right now, they just have people answer questions about their vaccination status and show the card at the terminal.  I hope by they time I cruise next month they have the ability for us to upload our card and type in the specific information online.

I would guess unlikely due to florida. But idk. Just volunteer your card at boarding.

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I would guess unlikely due to florida. But idk. Just volunteer your card at boarding.

Since it's fine to have people give their vaccination status, I don't see the big deal about people being able to freely upload their cards.  

• Like 1

What advantage would there be in uploading the card?  Would it just be to give the cruise lines time to verify the authenticity with the CDC, similar to validating a passport prior to cruising?    Sounds like a great idea, but I don't see that being implemented any time soon.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

What advantage would there be in uploading the card?  Would it just be to give the cruise lines time to verify the authenticity with the CDC, similar to validating a passport prior to cruising?    Sounds like a great idea, but I don't see that being implemented any time soon.  

It would be one less item to verify at the terminal.  Carnival could print something on the boarding pass stating the vaccination status was verified.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

It would be one less item to verify at the terminal.  Carnival could print something on the boarding pass stating the vaccination status was verified.

The card would still have to be verified at the terminal, so it wouldn't save any time.  You need the original card, not a photocopy.  Uploading an image of your card is no more than an on line photo.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

The card would still have to be verified at the terminal, so it wouldn't save any time.  You need the original card, not a photocopy.  Uploading an image of your card is no more than an on line photo.  

United Airlines gives people the ability to upload their card and type in their vaccination information.  Maybe that is for nothing.

If people could upload their vaccination information ahead of time, it would give Carnival an opportunity to verify the information.  If they could verify the information ahead of time, there would be no reason to present the original card at the terminal.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

When you upload your passport (or passport card, or enhanced ID), do you not have to show the original at boarding?  

That's a requirement to cruise.  Vaccination status isn't.  If people could upload their information, then Carnival would have time to verify it and eliminate the possibility of fraud.

Edited by TNcruising02

3 minutes ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

When you upload your passport (or passport card, or enhanced ID), do you not have to show the original at boarding?  

With Carnival you input the information ahead of time but you still have to show your passport. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, MamallamaAndDaddy said:

With Carnival you input the information ahead of time but you still have to show your passport. 

Aren't they photographing it as well and tying it to each cruiser? A recent blogger mentioned "health workers" recording lot number information as well. 

12 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Aren't they photographing it as well and tying it to each cruiser? A recent blogger mentioned "health workers" recording lot number information as well. 

I'm not sure. I was talking about inputting passport information to check in online. I haven't been able to check in for a cruise since November 2019. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

The online check-in usually just asked for the info on the passport. We didnt have to upload an image. Is it different now?

1 minute ago, sailingships said:

The online check-in usually just asked for the info on the passport. We didnt have to upload an image. Is it different now?

It's not different. He was having a discussion with someone who wants it changed and it was a well if it was changed that way it wouldnt save time.

It was a what iff ... 

1 hour ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Carnival never use to even in Europe. They would just take their own photo for their security files. One each cruise for B2B.

4 minutes ago, sailingships said:

Carnival never use to even in Europe. They would just take their own photo for their security files. One each cruise for B2B.

Isn't this done when they take your photo for your sign and sail? I've seen photographic evidence of them doing this on a blog. Someone else posted that review of of the news lady doing a cruise and she mentioned that someone was also recording down the information on the cards. 

6 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Isn't this done when they take your photo for your sign and sail? 

Thats what i meant theres no photo on the S&S Its in their security files They check it every time you get on and off the ship at ports.

1 minute ago, sailingships said:

Thats what i meant theres no photo on the S&S Its in their security files They check it every time you get on and off the ship at ports.

I get that, I was pointing out that they do have your vaccine record tied to your photo and sign and sail account info. The information is being recorded, not merely "flashing your vaccine card" as some have suggested.