The stay is stayed....for now

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, bluestocking7 said:

So in the meantime Crystal can require proof of vaccination for passengers boarding in Florida?  

Crystal may be closer, but as noted in another thread, the rulings are expected to flip back back and forth as they work through the appeals process as long as FL continues their fight.  If Crystal starts accepting passengers in Miami, those passengers will be stuck having to find their own way to Nassau to board if/when the vaccination case flips the situation and bans requirements or checking.

Definitely not a clean transition or a fully open door until FL drops their challenge.  Once that happens though, it will be a different story.

Vince

Edited by BWIVince

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, BWIVince said:

Crystal may be closer, but as noted in another thread, the rulings are expected to flip back back and forth as they work through the appeals process as long as FL continues their fight.  If Crystal starts accepting passengers in Miami, those passengers will be stuck having to find their own way to Nassau to board if/when the vaccination case flips the situation and bans requirements or checking.

Definitely not a clean transition or a fully open door until FL drops their challenge.  Once that happens though, it will be a different story.

Vince

Vince, do you see any chance of Crystal sailing from Miami in November? If the port of embarkation is Miami it would be terrible to arrive in USA and realize that the port of embarkation has changed to Nassau! I think Crystal, like many other cruise lines is entitled to change ports while sailing, but to change embarkation ports after final payment in a short notice, and then like you say “passengers are stuck” having to find their own way to another port in another country it should not happen. Despite all flexibility during this situation, there are limits and imho we need some constants in the equations. This should be at least the ports of embarkation and disembarkation. 

Ivi

Edited by travelberlin
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, travelberlin said:

Vince, do you see any chance of Crystal sailing from Miami in November? If the port of embarkation is Miami it would be terrible to arrive in USA and realize that the port of embarkation has changed to Nassau! I think Crystal, like many other cruise lines is entitled to change ports while sailing, but to change embarkation ports after final payment in a short notice, and then like you say “passengers are stuck” having to find their own way to another port in another country it should not happen. Despite all flexibility during this situation, there are limits and imho we need some constants in the equations. This should be at least the ports of embarkation and disembarkation. 

Ivi

The “stuck” comment was more directed at the Miami situation on the Bahamas cruises, because I think we need more information on what Crystal’s plans are there before we can draw any conclusions.  For the reasons you listed, I have trouble seeing them adding Miami as an embarkation point with the legal situation so tentative and fluid right now, but stranger things have happened.

Regarding November, we’ll also need to wait and see, but I think that is a whole different situation.  It looks like everything beyond the 7-day cruises are placeholders at the moment, but I feel like they will try to give as much notice as they can of what the permanent itineraries will be.  I have no doubt they want to make Miami work as an embarkation port as planned, but as we’ve seen they’ve held steady to the vaccine commitment at the same time.  Time will tell.

Vince 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BWIVince said:

Regarding November, we’ll also need to wait and see, but I think that is a whole different situation.  It looks like everything beyond the 7-day cruises are placeholders at the moment, but I feel like they will try to give as much notice as they can of what the permanent itineraries will be.  I have no doubt they want to make Miami work as an embarkation port as planned, but as we’ve seen they’ve held steady to the vaccine commitment at the same time.  Time will tell.

Vince 

Thanks for your answer Vince. I see lots of availability for the November cruises. I agree that most probably Crystal will tell before final payment its plans with regards with those cruises. 

Ivi

• Like 1