How are unvaccinated pax on board easily identified by staff?

Im curious what system is in place so that staff (and other pax) can tell who the unvaccinated ones on board are.   

Certainly going by some kind of "honor system" is not appropriate at all .. too easy for these unvaccinated people to just lie and say that they were so that they can skirt the rules and have the perks the rest of us vaccinated ones are entitled to.    

Seems staff should be able to instantly see if an unvaccinated pax is walking around with their mask off.

Also curious what penalties are there for failure to comply?   Confining to cabin?  Throwing them off at next port?   Haven't heard much about the "what -if" part of allowing these people on board ships if/when they decide to thumb their noses at everyone and do their own thing .. and you know many will try any chance they get.  

• Like 1

Just now, tallnthensome said:

Vaccinated guests have bracelets on.

I was hoping it was a simple and visible thing like that .. good to hear.   

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, F27TW said:

Im curious what system is in place so that staff (and other pax) can tell who the unvaccinated ones on board are.   

Certainly going by some kind of "honor system" is not appropriate at all .. too easy for these unvaccinated people to just lie and say that they were so that they can skirt the rules and have the perks the rest of us vaccinated ones are entitled to.    

Seems staff should be able to instantly see if an unvaccinated pax is walking around with their mask off.

Also curious what penalties are there for failure to comply?   Confining to cabin?  Throwing them off at next port?   Haven't heard much about the "what -if" part of allowing these people on board ships if/when they decide to thumb their noses at everyone and do their own thing .. and you know many will try any chance they get.  

I expect that people who do not cooperate with stated policies will be disembarked at the first opportunity.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, YankeesFan4Life said:

Scenario.....Hi Customer Service Person, I lost my bracelet (but I really gave it to my unvaccinated friend) can I get another one???  How will they combat things like that??

I have read on other threads that the seapass card is also marked if unvaccinated.  A form of two factor identification if you will.  The need to scan the seapass card when entering most venues would present an opportunity to find someone who would misuse the wristband.  Seems like the benefit of unauthorized use of the wrist band would be fairly limited - imho

• Like 1

Simply tell the pax that if they lose their bracelet, they’ll have to be treated as unvaccinated the rest of the cruise. 
They’ll keep a close eye on them in that case. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, YankeesFan4Life said:

Scenario.....Hi Customer Service Person, I lost my bracelet (but I really gave it to my unvaccinated friend) can I get another one???  How will they combat things like that??

Customer Service Person: Oh, too bad you lost your bracelet. You are now considered un-vaxxed. So sorry.

Edited by coffeebean
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, daninwi said:

I have read on other threads that the seapass card is also marked if unvaccinated.  A form of two factor identification if you will.  The need to scan the seapass card when entering most venues would present an opportunity to find someone who would misuse the wristband.  Seems like the benefit of unauthorized use of the wrist band would be fairly limited - imho

I forgot that the un-vaxxed have a hole punched in their Seapass card. So anyone wearing an "unauthorized" bracelet still could not enter a vaxxed only venue. Smart.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

Simply tell the pax that if they lose their bracelet, they’ll have to be treated as unvaccinated the rest of the cruise. 
They’ll keep a close eye on them in that case. 

Absolutely.....just like they would a Rolex watch.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, F27TW said:

Im curious what system is in place so that staff (and other pax) can tell who the unvaccinated ones on board are. Certainly going by some kind of "honor system" is not appropriate at all .. too easy for these unvaccinated people to just lie and say that they were so that they can skirt the rules and have the perks the rest of us vaccinated ones are entitled to. Seems staff should be able to instantly see if an unvaccinated pax is walking around with their mask off. 

All vaccinated passengers are marked. All unvaccinated passengers also have their seapass key punched. This is a non-issue,,, not sure why we are trying to make it one. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1