no mixing of vaccines for US based cruises

susiesan

This just posted under the news feed:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/6302/

If you had different doses of vaccines for your shots, most cruise lines will not accept it as proof of being fully vaccinated. This includes NCL so likely will include Oceania and Regent. 

If any of the Canadians andEuropeans going on O cruises from Miami this winter didn't get both doses from the same manufacturer, no cruise for you.

• Like 1

There is a separate thread on the =X= board that participants in vax trials for Novavax will not be considered vaccinated.  Thanks for posting this important info, @susiesan. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, susiesan said:

This just posted under the news feed:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/6302/

If you had different doses of vaccines for your shots, most cruise lines will not accept it as proof of being fully vaccinated. This includes NCL so likely will include Oceania and Regent. 

If any of the Canadians andEuropeans going on O cruises from Miami this winter didn't get both doses from the same manufacturer, no cruise for you.

The document I received from the Ontario Government only states "You have received 2 valid dose(s)" , I wouldn't worry about this. 

8 hours ago, tocruiseguy said:

The document I received from the Ontario Government only states "You have received 2 valid dose(s)" , I wouldn't worry about this. 

Each person needs to check the particular cruise requirements for what is accepted as the vaccine and as the proof of vaccine.

‘The official water-marked, Ontario vaccine document does name the type of vaccine. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robjame said:

The official water-marked, Ontario vaccine document does name the type of vaccine. 

Where are you finding this water marked vaccine document?  The Ministry of Health receipt that I got after my vaccination show what kind of vaccine, dosage amount, lot number, what arm(route and site), person who administered it and authorized Organization

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Robjame said:

https://covid19.ontariohealth.ca

Beside being water marked, this pdf copy actually accesses your vaccine health information, making it verifiable and minimizing the possibility of counterfeit.

Thanks for sharing.  I went to the site and downloaded my receipts which show exactly what is on my paper receipt  which includes what vaccine I got- PFIZER

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Robjame said:

‘The official water-marked, Ontario vaccine document does name the type of vaccine. 

WOW

all we got was an email with the PDF receipt info on the vaccine type etc...

I wish the Government would  attach the info to our passports  or issue some sort of  vaccine passport that cannot be forged

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

all we got was an email with the PDF receipt info on the vaccine type etc...

The water marked version was not something you get, but rather something you can get if you want.

As I said, the advantage is this form is linked to your health records, can be verified to the data base and is more difficult to counterfeit. There apparently is availability of counterfeit Vaccination cards in the states.

23 hours ago, cruisingxpert said:

Thanks for sharing.  I went to the site and downloaded my receipts which show exactly what is on my paper receipt  which includes what vaccine I got- PFIZER

Your correct, the email from Ontario Health for my second dose does says I got Pfizer but also says I received 2 doses and doesn't specify the 1st dose. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, tocruiseguy said:

Your correct, the email from Ontario Health for my second dose does says I got Pfizer but also says I received 2 doses and doesn't specify the 1st dose. 

There are 2 pages on my official receipt- one for each dose.

18 hours ago, Robjame said:

As I said, the advantage is this form is linked to your health records, can be verified to the data base and is more difficult to counterfeit.

What other Countries would be able to access this data on our Health cards??

A proper "vaccine passport" or attach info to our passports is a better option in my opinion

YMMV

25 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

A proper "vaccine passport" or attach info to our passports is a better option in my opinion

Oh yes - I agree. 100%

My thought was that if I were challenged by cruise line, I could link them in my presence, to Health Ontario site - - one more layer of safety.

1 hour ago, Robjame said:

Oh yes - I agree. 100%

My thought was that if I were challenged by cruise line, I could link them in my presence, to Health Ontario site - - one more layer of safety.

I did not know you could do that 🤔

I thought just doctors etc  could access our records