Jump to content

no mixing of vaccines for US based cruises


susiesan
 Share

Recommended Posts

This just posted under the news feed:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/6302/

 

If you had different doses of vaccines for your shots, most cruise lines will not accept it as proof of being fully vaccinated. This includes NCL so likely will include Oceania and Regent. 

 

If any of the Canadians andEuropeans going on O cruises from Miami this winter didn't get both doses from the same manufacturer, no cruise for you.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is a separate thread on the =X= board that participants in vax trials for Novavax will not be considered vaccinated.  Thanks for posting this important info, @susiesan. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, susiesan said:

This just posted under the news feed:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/6302/

 

If you had different doses of vaccines for your shots, most cruise lines will not accept it as proof of being fully vaccinated. This includes NCL so likely will include Oceania and Regent. 

 

If any of the Canadians andEuropeans going on O cruises from Miami this winter didn't get both doses from the same manufacturer, no cruise for you.

The document I received from the Ontario Government only states "You have received 2 valid dose(s)" , I wouldn't worry about this. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, tocruiseguy said:

The document I received from the Ontario Government only states "You have received 2 valid dose(s)" , I wouldn't worry about this. 

Each person needs to check the particular cruise requirements for what is accepted as the vaccine and as the proof of vaccine.

‘The official water-marked, Ontario vaccine document does name the type of vaccine. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Robjame said:

The official water-marked, Ontario vaccine document does name the type of vaccine. 

Where are you finding this water marked vaccine document?  The Ministry of Health receipt that I got after my vaccination show what kind of vaccine, dosage amount, lot number, what arm(route and site), person who administered it and authorized Organization

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Robjame said:

https://covid19.ontariohealth.ca

 

Beside being water marked, this pdf copy actually accesses your vaccine health information, making it verifiable and minimizing the possibility of counterfeit.

Thanks for sharing.  I went to the site and downloaded my receipts which show exactly what is on my paper receipt  which includes what vaccine I got- PFIZER

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Robjame said:
 

‘The official water-marked, Ontario vaccine document does name the type of vaccine. 

WOW

all we got was an email with the PDF receipt info on the vaccine type etc...

I wish the Government would  attach the info to our passports  or issue some sort of  vaccine passport that cannot be forged

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

all we got was an email with the PDF receipt info on the vaccine type etc...

The water marked version was not something you get, but rather something you can get if you want.

 

As I said, the advantage is this form is linked to your health records, can be verified to the data base and is more difficult to counterfeit. There apparently is availability of counterfeit Vaccination cards in the states.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, cruisingxpert said:

Thanks for sharing.  I went to the site and downloaded my receipts which show exactly what is on my paper receipt  which includes what vaccine I got- PFIZER

Your correct, the email from Ontario Health for my second dose does says I got Pfizer but also says I received 2 doses and doesn't specify the 1st dose. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, tocruiseguy said:

Your correct, the email from Ontario Health for my second dose does says I got Pfizer but also says I received 2 doses and doesn't specify the 1st dose. 

There are 2 pages on my official receipt- one for each dose.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Robjame said:

As I said, the advantage is this form is linked to your health records, can be verified to the data base and is more difficult to counterfeit.

What other Countries would be able to access this data on our Health cards??

 A proper "vaccine passport" or attach info to our passports is a better option in my opinion

YMMV

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

 A proper "vaccine passport" or attach info to our passports is a better option in my opinion

Oh yes - I agree. 100%

 

My thought was that if I were challenged by cruise line, I could link them in my presence, to Health Ontario site - - one more layer of safety.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Robjame said:

Oh yes - I agree. 100%

 

My thought was that if I were challenged by cruise line, I could link them in my presence, to Health Ontario site - - one more layer of safety.

I did not know you could do that 🤔

I thought just doctors etc  could access our records

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: PONANT Cruises & Expeditions
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...