Live Cam Link for NA Seattle Test Cruise

29 minutes ago, luvteaching said:

I agree! I have it full screen and it's so fun to watch! Thanks for the link as I haven't seen this webcam before. 

Karen

Someone posted this in the 7/24 roll call, I'm sorry I don't remember who to credit, but you can look if you want to know.

Here is a photo of the Nieuw Amsterdam at Pier 91 earlier today.  Today was was their 'activation' cruise (simulation) and she carried about 250+ passengers (all employees).

The Nieuw Amsterdam will return Tuesday July 20th.

PXL_20210718_221726742.jpg

PXL_20210718_221556863.jpg

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Here is a photo of the Nieuw Amsterdam at Pier 91 earlier today.  Today was was their 'activation' cruise (simulation) and she carried about 250+ passengers (all employees).

The Nieuw Amsterdam will return Tuesday July 20th.

PXL_20210718_221726742.jpg

PXL_20210718_221556863.jpg

If everyone is fully vaccinated, are they still required to do this?

11 minutes ago, katrina915 said:

My understanding is this was NOT a CDC required test sailing. HAL is sailing with 100% vaccinated Crew and Passengers. This was an activation aka Shake Down sailing. You cannot expect HAL to start up next Saturday with not have at leat attempted to serve and practice what they do best with passengers. Just like the start of a new Restaurant there has to be a warm up before they let on the first revenue passengers next Saturday.

• Like 2

We just watched the Nieuw Amsterdam passing Point No Point heading to Port Townsend.  Winds from the west as they enter the Straits of Juan de Fuca are 15-25knots.  It is a beautiful night to be starting out on a cruise!

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, katrina915 said:

Covid protocols need to be followed - both by the crew and shore-side staff.  This 'activation' cruise gives all staff an opportunity to re-familiarize themselves with not only the guest experience/check-in process, but just getting back to the full guest/hospitality culture that they have been away from for the last 18 months or so.  It is a wonderful opportunity for both crew, shore staff and the lucky 260 HAL employees who were on this short cruise.

Also, FYI -  HAL is rolling out a new facial recognition embark system in Seattle, so any passenger that fully completes their online check-in with an acceptable photo will be able to proceed thru the 'green' line very quickly.  The technology is pretty cool, and it will make the check-in process that much faster!

So you folks on the July 24th cruise will not only be the first HAL ship to Alaska in 2021, but you will experience a cutting edge check-in system!  Pretty amazing!

• Like 5

Re "acceptable photo" for the check-in process--do you know what is considered acceptable?  We don't own a smart phone, but my daughter could take our photos. . .  Or, would a passport photo work?   

21 minutes ago, 12cruise2 said:

Re "acceptable photo" for the check-in process--do you know what is considered acceptable?  We don't own a smart phone, but my daughter could take our photos. . .  Or, would a passport photo work?   

A passport should work.

9 hours ago, 12cruise2 said:

A basic head and shoulders photo w/o hat or sunglasses.  Think LinkedIn type of photo (but wearing whatever clothes you want!  ;  )

20 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Also, FYI -  HAL is rolling out a new facial recognition embark system in Seattle, so any passenger that fully completes their online check-in with an acceptable photo will be able to proceed thru the 'green' line very quickly.  The technology is pretty cool, and it will make the check-in process that much faster!

What do you do with this photo? Is it to be added to the check-in documents? I did not see anything like that when I did my check-in procedures. 

10 minutes ago, PSR said:

What do you do with this photo? Is it to be added to the check-in documents? I did not see anything like that when I did my check-in procedures. 

This gets uploaded into the HAL Navigator App on a smart phone or tablet. 
There is a box you click to upload a photo. Then click on the pencil.

0260FFCD-DD75-4434-A8EA-CF46820288F6.png

C91BB157-20CB-42A9-BEEE-2C23FC017E13.png