Jump to content

What is this space?


Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Where Fire Doors are, Doors in Hall. On the Balcony between these Cabins there is small gap into adjoining Balcony. I'd avoid

Why would you avoid?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It is also a utility chase which creates a gap between cabins. There are water, electric and other utilities in there. It is a noise barrier between you and your neighbor on one side. We always choose these cabins when possible.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

It is also a utility chase which creates a gap between cabins. There are water, electric and other utilities in there. It is a noise barrier between you and your neighbor on one side. We always choose these cabins when possible.

Are you able to open up the balconies if you have both cabins?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, BopRN said:

Why would you avoid?

On Balcony can see each other threw gap, but it's small. Me I prefer the Privacy. It's really not that bad, just my choice

Edited by ONECRUISER
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

It is also a utility chase which creates a gap between cabins. There are water, electric and other utilities in there. It is a noise barrier between you and your neighbor on one side. We always choose these cabins when possible.


I’ve always thought those gaps were cupboards for some reason and actually avoided cabins next to them in case of possible noise issues 🙈. You live and learn lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, cb at sea said:

Those are FIRE DOORS.....they will be open, unless there's a fire.

Not necessarily...they will be closed when cabins are still being made ready and when there is loud music coming from the solarium on some ships...so not just for fire abatement.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Not necessarily...they will be closed when cabins are still being made ready and when there is loud music coming from the solarium on some ships...so not just for fire abatement.

Yes Noise Abatement, used them for that myself couple times and more so since Radiance Class's nitely Entertainment in Centrum. Had Cabin #1054 all to myself for 23nites at edge of Centrum, when they didnt shut it I did. Didnt hear Music words but my Master Bedroom walls were a thumping to YMCA...

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Yes Noise Abatement, used them for that myself couple times and more so since Radiance Class's nitely Entertainment in Centrum. Had Cabin #1054 all to myself for 23nites at edge of Centrum, when they didnt shut it I did. Didnt hear Music words but my Master Bedroom walls were a thumping to YMCA...

Oh...#1054...Our DS and his family of four will have that cabin on Serenade for Alaska Sept 2022....

I got it for them at a great price...we'll be next door in #1052.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Ashland said:

Oh...#1054...Our DS and his family of four will have that cabin on Serenade for Alaska Sept 2022....

I got it for them at a great price...we'll be next door in #1052.

Congrats! Scored the 13 niter part a Boston-Florida for cheaper then my usual Corner/Aft Balcony. Booked it way back the year Royal under priced the Suites, most they caught and repriced, but not mine! Was weird experience for me all those nites in 2Bd/2Ba traveling SOLO. After Booked hoped have Kids/Grands join me and take my Cabin but all were working or going to school. Interesting Cruise, a Repo over Halloween, lot of Senior Crew had Spouse/Kids onboard as major changeover after reaching Florida... Your Cruise sounds like a Blast traveling with the Family. ENJOY!!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Congrats! Scored the 13 niter part a Boston-Florida for cheaper then my usual Corner/Aft Balcony. 

 

DW and I have generally sailed the front of the ship, BUT...in a change up our next cruise is a corner aft balcony.  Do you have anything in particular that you like to make it your usual?

 

In the second change up for us, the subsequent cruise to corner aft balcony is center of the hump balcony.  Both room placements will be new territory for us, but we still need the industry to get back to whatever the new normal will be.

 

Eddie

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Eddie Wilson said:

 

DW and I have generally sailed the front of the ship, BUT...in a change up our next cruise is a corner aft balcony.  Do you have anything in particular that you like to make it your usual?

 

In the second change up for us, the subsequent cruise to corner aft balcony is center of the hump balcony.  Both room placements will be new territory for us, but we still need the industry to get back to whatever the new normal will be.

 

Eddie

Me, Corner/Aft larger Balcony w/2 chairs and 2 Loungers. It's one most Private, only one next to you could look around divider, Deck above/Below can not see anything. Quiet as Hall in corner, nobody walking by to hear. Like to walk, long way back but I walk whole Ship, every Deck, everyday. Can see those like some shade on deeper Balcony's on the middle hump. Real close the Elevator. Choice, know what I like

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Eddie Wilson said:

 

DW and I have generally sailed the front of the ship, BUT...in a change up our next cruise is a corner aft balcony.  Do you have anything in particular that you like to make it your usual?

 

In the second change up for us, the subsequent cruise to corner aft balcony is center of the hump balcony.  Both room placements will be new territory for us, but we still need the industry to get back to whatever the new normal will be.

 

Eddie

You will love a corner aft, especially if you have a wrap around balcony.    The view and extra space is wonderful.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...