The Daily for Monday Jul 19, 2021

richwmn

Today is National Daiquiri Day, National Raspberry Cake Day, and New Friends Day

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. - Douglas Adams

Meal suggestion for today - Garlic Butter Clams with White Wine Cream Sauce

Drink of the Day - Gin sour

Wine of the day - Planeta Chardonnay - Italy - White

Destination of the Day - Malaga Spain

At Sea Pacific
Koningsdam Drifting
Nieuw Amsterdam Destination Seattle eta 7/20
Westerdam Destination Los Angeles eta 7/25
Zuiderdam MX Drift

Corfu GR
Volendam
Zaandam

Great Stirrup Cay
Nieuw Statendam Anchorage

La Paz MX
Noordam Anchorage

Piraeus GR
Eurodam Operations - Aegean Sea

Scheveningen NL
Oosterdam Operations off shore

Venice IT
Rotterdam

0719SEurope.thumb.png.bff84c12e4539ed08e7f9abbc4123bc8.png

0719NEurope.thumb.png.8ea469ba3e7bc0f4834c56b3c4090086.png

0719NSDM.thumb.png.a200a6ca288c13c0337ac3eeb379dab9.png

0719NADM.thumb.png.d1a3bfe016d9e192cdcf95ef11950869.png

0719CAMX.thumb.png.0dc9786a7be4d6aa3278152608dfb32d.png

• Like 36
  • Thanks 5

Good morning, everyone.

It looks like it will be a lovely summer day here in northeast Ohio.  Lots of sunshine on tap and seasonal temperatures - low to mid 80s.  Today is a relaxed day starting at the gym with a stop by the grocery store on the way home.  

Today's meal sounds good to me.   I'm a few days behind, but last night I made the garlic lemon cod and it was delish!!!

https://damndelicious.net/2021/02/15/garlic-butter-clams-with-white-wine-cream-sauce/

Garlic-Butter-Clams-with-White-Wine-Cream-SauceIMG_1361.thumb.jpg.601d805130b29a4d3ac9047b71db3dae.jpg

• Like 30
  • Thanks 4

Good Monday morning everyone, where did the weekend go?  Another gray drizzly morning here.  Thanks for today’s report, what a nice collection of days. Daiquiris are always nice.  I’ll bet raspberry cake is delicious but I don’t think that I’ve ever had it.  New friends are always welcome, especially Dailyite ones.  The quote is funny as my  work is a constant deadline.  Haven’t been to today’s port and look forward to seeing the pictures.  Prayers for everyone on today’s prayer list and cheers to everyone celebrating a happy event today.

• Like 22

Just now, Lady Hudson said:

Thank you for the Daily.  More pleasant weather here in SE PA today — less humid.  Also celebrating 52 years of marriage! Yikes — where did the time go?  Katherine

Congratulations Lady Hudson on your anniversary today!

• Like 13

Thank you for the Monday Daily, Rich.  I'll pass on the Daiquiri and the clams and salute all the new friends we've made here.  Love the Adams quote.  I know I've been to Malaga several times.  My alternate menu suggestion is Sun Ripened Pineapple Delight, Mango Gaspacho, and Parmesan Crusted Turkey Tenderloin as served on MS Rotterdam July 18, 2011.  I wasn't getting desert menus then but Raspberry Cake sounds like a good choice.

Today’s care list:

Welfare of furloughed crews
Garlictown difficutl recovery from arm surgery
Western wildfires
smitty34877's Miss Camilla in NICU
summer slope with shingles
Atexsix with back and hornets
DurangoScots shelter manager in ICU
bennybear DSIL infection
JazzyV eye inflamation(Improving)

From the rotation:
Scout Jamie C recovering from major surgery
Tana starting to deal with Pulmonary Fibrosis

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Nieuw Amsterdam at sea on test cruise
Congratulations 15 years CruiseCritic for Rich and CtLouisCruiser
Front Line Health Care Workers
Explorer OTS housing Surfside first responders
highland cruiser at Diamond Lake
kplady on Lake George
Family trip booked for HorizonChaser1957
St. Pete Cruiser on a road trip
CatShepard in Iceland
Excellent report on Sam’s Recovery
Denise on her wilderness adventure
Wekcome Boytje
and Staff Captain Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 34
  • Thanks 4

Good morning everyone.Up before the birds this morning to wait for our handyman who will install some grab bars for us. We made lots of new friends 8 years ago next month when we moved to our new home in a new state.

Yesterday, Sam and I spoke to three of our grandsons, saw one in person, and spoke to the fifth one the day before. Our daughter from NY came for a visit with her son and dog. Her son leaves for his freshman year in college in a few weeks. It was a great day for us.

Stay safe out there.

Carol

• Like 36

Thank you for today's daily and care reports.

Meal and wine of the day sounds lovely.

Now we are both part retired we don't worry about deadlines.

New friends day was a few weeks ago when I joined this fantastic friendly thread.

Malaga is one of our favourite ports.

Our favourite hotel the Vincci Aleysa is a 20 minutes drive away in Benalmadena where we have stayed many times and where we went 4 weeks after my December 2019 mild heart attack in January 2020 with our Sarah and Pauline and Sarah's best friend.

It is currently 12.25pm and 78°F in our garden where hopefully we will be relaxing for the rest of the day.

Take care and stay safe everyone.

Graham  

Screenshot_20210719_120936_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Screenshot_20210719_121231_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Screenshot_20210719_121434_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

IMG_20210719_115448.jpg

• Like 35
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Lady Hudson said:

Thank you for the Daily.  More pleasant weather here in SE PA today — less humid.  Also celebrating 52 years of marriage! Yikes — where did the time go?  Katherine

Congratulations Katherine on your 52nd wedding anniversary.

That is amazing and I hope you both have an awesome day.

Graham.

• Like 13

Good Morning. Thanks for the daily. Daiquiries are great drinks for the summer. Thanks to all the freinds on the Daily. The clam suggestion looks great as does Ray's suggestion.

The ever-worsening draught situation in our Western States is worrisome. I hope they get some relief soon.

Also worrisome is the growing infection and hospitalization rates for those who are not vaccinated. I don't know what it will take to wake people up.

On the brighter side,  cruises are beginning to happen and a more "normal" life is returning for those vaccinated.

Stay safe everyone.

• Like 22

Good morning  to all and thanks to Rich for the Daily.Roy,thank you for both lists and thanks to the  Food and Beverage department as well. The clam recipe looks wonderful!I will celebrate new friends day and raspberry cake but will leave the drinks for all of you.

We have not been to the port. I enjoyed your pictures Graham @grapau27.It always looks so beautiful  in your backyard as well.

Miss Camilla bid adieu to her fisherman  Dad who is bobbing in the Atlantic  for two weeks.She takes one step forward,one back but we are hopeful she will be released  within  a few weeks. 

5003.jpeg

• Like 39
  • Thanks 1

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily Report.

A great collection of days.  I love a good daiquiri.

Love Douglas Adams and his quote.

The meal sounds great.  Thanks @dfishfor the recipe.

Sending prayers for everyone on the Care List.  A toast to all who celebrate.

Stay safe.

• Like 24

15 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning  to all and thanks to Rich for the Daily.Roy,thank you for both lists and thanks to the  Food and Beverage department as well. The clam recipe looks wonderful!I will celebrate new friends day and raspberry cake but will leave the drinks for all of you.

We have not been to the port. I enjoyed your pictures Graham @grapau27.It always looks so beautiful  in your backyard as well.

Miss Camilla bid adieu to her fisherman  Dad who is bobbing in the Atlantic  for two weeks.She takes one step forward,one back but we are hopeful she will be released  within  a few weeks. 

5003.jpeg

Thank you Smitty 

Lovely picture of Miss Camilla. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our Monday smile 🙂 

Great collection of days. Love the Adams quote.  Yum on the meal for today.  I have to go out so that will be clams (or mussels) will be great to pick up and, perfect that the wine of the day is a white one.  Sounds good and looking forward to hearing about it.

@grapau27great pictures as always 👍 

@Lady Hudsona very happy anniversary 🥂 

@smitty34877 hope Miss Camilla takes two steps forward soon 🙏🏻  lovely picture of her 👍 

Love when plants are put in the wrong spot and still succeed.  DH wanted to put this little rose bush in the back where I didn’t think there was enough sun.  I didn’t know where else to put it so I said WTH.  He’s happy to say “I told you so”.

3723860B-7ECB-4594-847A-FE0327536D6B.thumb.jpeg.98f7dc80ad4f3f214980209c41d25379.jpeg

Malaga is one of our favourite ports.  We’ve been many times and happy to return.  So much to see, savour and great people.  I’ll be back with pics. In the meantime, I’ll give you a daisy a day, dear 🙂 

AE877A73-19B6-4389-8AED-0FBAFDA950BC.thumb.jpeg.23b319975be9a6e8c70cb2a6c4184725.jpeg

Prayers for those on the Care list & for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Monday, everyone!

6A172239-A887-4EF8-BC9C-1241C07B1DB6.jpeg.feaad4d991508ab184b18bd3187fa9a6.jpeg

Stay safe and please don’t forget your 😷 

• Like 36
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Malaga is a great city and even on a walk you can see some great things.  

Malaga’s wonderful market (and yes I buy Saffron there / at Boqueria in Barcelona) 

6105F4C1-7183-4710-83F6-C68B10CBE0EA.thumb.jpeg.c7e1eee7a13e4567bc33eaba730649da.jpeg

I know some of you don’t like olives, but truly the olives are tremendous and the choices and selection incredible.

10EEF6B2-CC14-46DC-A85F-F770DA6022C8.thumb.jpeg.fdbe8c606aa4fc330abac6f01741b3d3.jpeg

2BFA0262-4BA2-41D5-B52B-B10E67632143.thumb.jpeg.44ed5c47d80e7c03870b9023db6e1f14.jpeg

8E941CD2-7748-4A77-B23C-2AA62EF44ADA.thumb.jpeg.7693b0bdd41725a2210a212e7db0dbd5.jpeg

CCE23320-892E-4BC4-BA64-7E20E420CBE2.thumb.jpeg.e6d8bd470298a2f79a83c8df8c400068.jpeg

Since we have been a number of times, we accepted @sailingdutchy’s kind offer to join them on tapas tour.  

062C05C1-1270-4C10-AD73-560F81993B7E.thumb.jpeg.61e1c8fcc2624c88cb673a57c131004a.jpeg

• Like 35
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Lady Hudson said:

Happy Anniversary Katherine.

• Like 13