Carnival Stock Under $20 today!

asalligo

I have to agree with this analyst. Carnival is in trouble until it gets its full client base back. No one knows how many current bookings are unvaccinated. 

lingering concerns about the company's new policy of requiring passengers in Florida to prove vaccination or purchase travel insurance and pay for a negative COVID-19 test, and what effect the policy will have on demand.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, asalligo said:

I have to agree with this analyst. Carnival is in trouble until it gets its full client base back. No one knows how many current bookings are unvaccinated. 

lingering concerns about the company's new policy of requiring passengers in Florida to prove vaccination or purchase travel insurance and pay for a negative COVID-19 test, and what effect the policy will have on demand.

How far down do you think it will go?

3 minutes ago, mpdog42 said:

How far down do you think it will go?

No clue here. I was surprised it dropped under $20. I certainly think it is a good buy right now. Hard for me to envision a scenario in which Carnival does not survive, just a matter of how long it takes for them to get back to normal business. 

1 minute ago, jfunk138 said:

The day mandatory vax comes to an end is the bottom.  Just look at the price history since Christine Duffy's announcement on June 4.  

That is my thought also. My Wife and I were just talking about cancelling our cruise and booking an all inclusive in Cancun. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, asalligo said:

No clue here. I was surprised it dropped under $20. I certainly think it is a good buy right now. Hard for me to envision a scenario in which Carnival does not survive, just a matter of how long it takes for them to get back to normal business. 

Now NCL might be a different question right?

Edited by mpdog42
add

9 minutes ago, mpdog42 said:

Now NCL might be a different question right?

With the ncl lawsuit I wouldnt touch ncl. Suing the hand that feeds them, isnt good for ncl. They should just resume and get things rolling. At least carnival is rolling out the restarts. 

I'd prefer ccl just because of the lawsuit against Florida.

• Like 2

When I looked just now the Dow was down 750 points. The feeling seems to be that the increase in Covid cases could slow economic recovery, and that will certainly impact cruise lines.

31 minutes ago, asalligo said:

That is my thought also. My Wife and I were just talking about cancelling our cruise and booking an all inclusive in Cancun. 

Yep.  I'm expecting a cruise to be cancelled today, or tomorrow, or the next day, or very, very, soon next week, or whenever they decide it suits them to tell me their decision. Whenever I think of booking another cruise, I have to ask myself if I want the agony of their hemming and hawing about everything for the next two months, and JH blaming everybody because Carnival doesn't want to publicly pin itself to a decision.  I like Carnival.  I think I've been patient.  But once the perception of bad faith sets it, it's hard to recover from that.   

Edited by naxer
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, naxer said:

Yep.  I'm expecting a cruise to be cancelled today, or tomorrow, or the next day, or very, very, soon next week, or whenever they decide it suits them to tell me their decision. Whenever I think of booking another cruise, I have to ask myself if I want the agony of their hemming and hawing about everything for the next two months, and JH blaming everybody because Carnival doesn't want to publicly pin itself to a decision.  I like Carnival.  I think I've been patient.  But once the perception of bad faith sets it, it's hard to recover from that.   

Honestly, I am just so tired of my vacation time being a maybe. If I booked an all inclusive it would be a much more likely to happen vacation. Also, there will be a lot less to choose from when Carnival finally decides to cancel me. 

I am interested to see what Carnival will do down the road for unvaccinated cruisers who have booked years ago. I cannot imagine I would want to make my final payment not knowing if they would let me cruise and we all know Carnival will not confirm either way 90 days out. 

• Like 2

Carnival has to really has to weigh what will or could cost them more money in the long run. Is it allowing only vaccinated cruisers that will cost them money or allowing unvaccinated on board and having a big outbreak with media backlash and another shut down because of that scenario. I think profit wise safety first is the best approach financially. If there was a bus Covid breakout on board with the unvaccinated it would be a disaster for their bottom line and stock. 

Edited by tallnthensome
  • Like 7

Well for us unless vaccine policy changes we are now ex cruisers.  My DH who cannot be vaccinated and of course I am the other half of this union find it absolutely unappealing to cruise with the current policies.  We just canceled our Antarctica trip with Princess and who knows if we will keep our October 2022 with Carnival.  We did book a lovely VRBO in Sanibel in place of the Princess Cruise  and will enjoy our freedom there.  I understand everyone wanting a vaccinated cruise so please don’t flame me, it just won’t work for us.  I will remember fondly our last cruise in Jan 2020.  Many other ways to travel and perhaps it is for the best.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

I just put in a limit order at $19.50/200sh.  Dollar-cost averaging with long-term holding.  Like a couple months ago, selling over $30.  Too much debt and dilution for $40 for a long time.

Order filled.  Will buy more at $18.50 or $18, unless some major event occurs (e.g., delta mutates and starts turning people into actual brain-eating zombies).

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Order filled.  Will buy more at $18.50 or $18, unless some major event occurs (e.g., delta mutates and starts turning people into actual brain-eating zombies).

Had limit order at $20 but changed it to $18.50 then to $18. Already have 200 from last year (100 at $8 and 100 at $12). Not sure if I want to stay at $18 or go lower

• Like 1

I should have waited until today but bought 100 @ 21.35 mid day Friday after it was hovering around that amount and as soon as I did it started to go down. With that said I am fairly confident this will go up to $30 or higher by some point...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, asalligo said:

Honestly, I am just so tired of my vacation time being a maybe. If I booked an all inclusive it would be a much more likely to happen vacation. Also, there will be a lot less to choose from when Carnival finally decides to cancel me. 

I am interested to see what Carnival will do down the road for unvaccinated cruisers who have booked years ago. I cannot imagine I would want to make my final payment not knowing if they would let me cruise and we all know Carnival will not confirm either way 90 days out. 

I'm going to wait until last minute just before final payment and move my money. The last time I sailed on carnival was hurricane season all the other lines announced their port changes before getting on board good old carnival kept their silence.one of our port days was pretty miserable in all that rain.i trust carnival as far as I could throw John Heald.

• Like 1