2 Different Doses - Considered Unvacciated

Marymommyof3

53 minutes ago, abby1257 said:

OK, so Carnival approves mixing Pfizer and Moderna....but not with AstraZeneca....I'm sure that will change...the US weren't going to let any Canadians into attending a Bruce Springsteen concert down the road..if they had AstraZeneca..that sure changed quick

it's not Carnival approving it, it's the CDC.  AZ is not approved for use in the US at all.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, K_e_short said:

I am seriously thinking of doing that. Drive to New York state and get a Pfizer or J and J shot. 

I'm not worried about side effects as I was told my mixing of vaccines would cause some pretty bad side effects.

I'd go with J&J if that were the case so that you would have everything needed on one card instead of trying to patch your Canadian Pfizer and American Pfizer together.

I believe Carnival is is using CDC or WHO approved vaccines.  Isn't that right?  I would think the AZ combo is more likely to get the nod from the WHO than the CDC

Edited by SCBarker
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

Is this a work thing or a personal thing?  What kind of employer is worried about antibody levels and why?  Do you hang around Covid patients all day?  Just curious as i havent heard of this being a required thing for any employer and you would think it would be front page news the way the media plays all things Covid like its the end of times. 

Work thing.  I am not in medical.  Business and entertainment.  There are reasons behind it but not going to go into details.  

5 minutes ago, SCBarker said:

I'd go with J&J if that were the case so that you would have everything needed on one card instead of trying to patch you Canadian Pfizer and American Pfizer together.

I believe Carnival is is using CDC or WHO approved vaccines.  Isn't that right?  I would think the AZ combo is more likely to get the nod from the WHO than the CDC

Good point. 

2 minutes ago, BrotherCraig said:

Work thing.  I am not in medical.  Business and entertainment.  There are reasons behind it but not going to go into details.  

ok thanks for clarifying.

1 hour ago, K_e_short said:

John said this morning that more information will be coming for Canadians booked up until October.

Hopefully someone can post that since my cruise is in December so I won't get that email.

He did say that.  I'll add on that I'd like to see someone post that e-mail here or in its own thread.  It sounds like it will be sent to Canadians and cruisers from other countries who have cruises booked through October.  Pretty please? 🙏

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, BrotherCraig said:

If you are vaccinated, does not matter if someone had J&J one dose or someone being unvaccinated. It doesn't matter so that last comment was just odd.

It absolutely does matter when vaccinated people can still get the virus. Look at what happened to the Yankees this year with COVID blowing through their vaccinated players. They had the J&J. So far, mRNA has been shown to be more effective at preventing breakthrough infections. The fewer breakthrough infections around me, the less likely I am to get it because fewer people will be infected.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jamesatgsu said:

It absolutely does matter when vaccinated people can still get the virus. Look at what happened to the Yankees this year with COVID blowing through their vaccinated players. They had the J&J. So far, mRNA has been shown to be more effective at preventing breakthrough infections. The fewer breakthrough infections around me, the less likely I am to get it because fewer people will be infected.

Most of the politicians that are testing positive had either Pfizer or Moderna so it's not just the Jansen/J&J that are having breakthrough infections.

• Like 2

Just now, lobster1313 said:

Most of the politicians that are testing positive had either Pfizer or Moderna so it's not just the Jansen/J&J that are having breakthrough infections.

Nobody said differently. They are about 90% effective in that regard.

14 minutes ago, Jamesatgsu said:

Again, it does not matter.  The vaccine worked.  Anyone who is vaccinated can still get COVID  - Pfizer, Moderna, AZ, J&J, etc.  Doesn't matter.  If you are vaccinated, the odds are a lot less that you will be hospitalized, die, or even have more than mild symptoms.  The baseball players proved that the vaccine worked.  No vaccine PREVENTS Covid.  Breakthrough infections are happening to vaccinated people -- doesn't matter which vaccine they had.  It's happening.  Guess what?  Nobody should care because you have more of a chance getting hospitalized or dying on the way to the mailbox than you do with COVID and being vaccinated.

In fact, at least two fully vaccinated Olympians on Team USA's roster have tested positive for COVID-19 and neither of the two athletes reported feeling any symptoms.  VACCINES WORKED!  I am pretty sure we are use to the sniffles by now.  

• Like 1

Anyways, as it was in 2020, things are changing rapidly.  Hope Canadians will have the answer they are hoping for soon.  I wish all of the organizations unite in sending a clear and positive message to everyone.  

Lets hope the news changes from this to something more positive soon.

https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/for-first-time-since-march-855-new-coronavirus-cases-in-israel-674084

Edited by BrotherCraig
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BrotherCraig said:

Again, it does not matter.  The vaccine worked.  Anyone who is vaccinated can still get COVID  - Pfizer, Moderna, AZ, J&J, etc.  Doesn't matter.  If you are vaccinated, the odds are a lot less that you will be hospitalized, die, or even have more than mild symptoms.  The baseball players proved that the vaccine worked.  No vaccine PREVENTS Covid.  Breakthrough infections are happening to vaccinated people -- doesn't matter which vaccine they had.  It's happening.  Guess what?  Nobody should care because you have more of a chance getting hospitalized or dying on the way to the mailbox than you do with COVID and being vaccinated.

In fact, at least two fully vaccinated Olympians on Team USA's roster have tested positive for COVID-19 and neither of the two athletes reported feeling any symptoms.  VACCINES WORKED!  I am pretty sure we are use to the sniffles by now.  

Testing positive on the ship means the end of your cruise. That is why I care. Only came in here because I think the Canadiens should be allowed with the 2 separate vaccines, and voicing my opinion as a passenger. I'm cruising in 5 days, and NCL is testing everyone before boarding. It would really suck to fly all the way to Greece and have our vacation end there in the port. It would also really suck to test positive on the test to fly home and miss our kids first week of school.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jamesatgsu said:

Testing positive on the ship means the end of your cruise. That is why I care. Only came in here because I think the Canadiens should be allowed with the 2 separate vaccines, and voicing my opinion as a passenger. I'm cruising in 5 days, and NCL is testing everyone before boarding. It would really suck to fly all the way to Greece and have our vacation end there in the port. It would also really suck to test positive on the test to fly home and miss our kids first week of school.

Of course it would suck.  Anyone can test positive - vaccinated or not.  Look at the athletes out there.  Fully vaccinated and ZERO symptoms but can't play whatever games or events because they tested positive.  It sucks.  

Big reason we moved our cruise again.  Sailing next Summer.  Hope things stabilize by then and guidelines are more thoroughly thought out and be less about knee-jerk reactions.

Edited by BrotherCraig

My big fear is also testing positive at any point.

I felt freer last fall flying to Mexico pre-vaccine.

I wish 

1. No testing for Vaccinated people boarding

And 

2. Vaccinated American citizens without symptoms, being permitted to return home (where Covid is everywhere), without a test

As long as the testing continues, my vacation is always at risk. I'd feel better if I knew I'd already had Covid

2 minutes ago, Sinbadssailors said:

I wish 

And 

2. Vaccinated American citizens without symptoms, being permitted to return home (where Covid is everywhere), without a test

As long as the testing continues, my vacation is always at risk. I'd feel better if I knew I'd already had Covid

Well the first part of your wish is already in place.  I wish the same things.  I have to Test prior to flying into the US, Test prior to flying back to Canada, and Test upon arrival in Canada.  Like the 5 hour flight will somehow make a difference in my test result i got before my flight?

1 minute ago, kdr69 said:

Well the first part of your wish is already in place.  I wish the same things.  I have to Test prior to flying into the US, Test prior to flying back to Canada, and Test upon arrival in Canada.  Like the 5 hour flight will somehow make a difference in my test result i got before my flight?

I guess my wish is more about being vaccinated but needing a test to enter the other country.  But their country, their rules. 

As for your return? Yeah, not a lot of sense being made there.

7 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

As of August 9th you don't get a test when you land.

I was listening to the news conference and they said something like "concentrate resources... something something".

Perhaps they figured out exactly what you said.. test before and after your flight shouldn't be different.

Just now, K_e_short said:

I was listening to the news conference and they said something like "concentrate resources... something something".

Perhaps they figured out exactly what you said.. test before and after your flight shouldn't be different.

i saw that too on every news article i read but all the Websites from Govt of Canada to Westjet still listed the requirement for a test on arrival so i was erring on the side of caution (or the which official am i going to get arguing with me viewpoint) when i stated that.  lol 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, K_e_short said:

Yay one less test Yippeee!!!

8 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

i saw that too on every news article i read but all the Websites from Govt of Canada to Westjet still listed the requirement for a test on arrival so i was erring on the side of caution (or the which official am i going to get arguing with me viewpoint) when i stated that.  lol 

If I understand it correctly you still need to get a PCR test BEFORE you get on a plane but no test when you land.

As others have said I'm waiting for the no testing for vaccinated passengers rule.

Just now, K_e_short said:

If I understand it correctly you still need to get a PCR test BEFORE you get on a plane but no test when you land.

As others have said I'm waiting for the no testing for vaccinated passengers rule.

me too! got till November to hope that happens so still crossing my fingers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sinbadssailors said:

I wish 

And 

Am I missing something?  I didn't think Carnival required any testing for vaxxed peeps.