Jump to content

ALL my Royal up bids were cancelled


Recommended Posts

Has anybody else in the past got an e-mail that all of their Royal-up bids for a particular cruise were cancelled?

The e-mail was titled  "Changes to your Royalup request"

RESERVATION MODIFICATION

 

DANIEL,

This email is to let you know that we’ve cancelled your requested RoyalUp upgrade due to a change in your reservation.

Booking Reference: **********

Date

Ship

Origin

Offer Amount

Upgrade To

Offer Status

19 Sep 2021

Oasis of the Seas®

BYE

$*** USD per guest (2)

Crown Loft Suite

Cancelled

19 Sep 2021

Oasis of the Seas®

BYE

$*** USD per guest (2)

Owner's Suite

Cancelled

19 Sep 2021

Oasis of the Seas®

BYE

$*** USD per guest (2)

Grand Suite - 2 Bedroom

Cancelled

19 Sep 2021

Oasis of the Seas®

BYE

$*** USD per guest (2)

Grand Suite - 1 Bedroom

Cancelled

 

Called Customer service and they said the sailing is still a go.

Anybody else get this email?  Dan

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, ticketsunlimited said:

Has anybody else in the past got an e-mail that all of their Royal-up bids for a particular cruise were cancelled?

The e-mail was titled  "Changes to your Royalup request"

RESERVATION MODIFICATION

 

DANIEL,

This email is to let you know that we’ve cancelled your requested RoyalUp upgrade due to a change in your reservation.

Booking Reference: **********

Date

Ship

Origin

Offer Amount

Upgrade To

Offer Status

19 Sep 2021

Oasis of the Seas®

BYE

$*** USD per guest (2)

Crown Loft Suite

Cancelled

19 Sep 2021

Oasis of the Seas®

BYE

$*** USD per guest (2)

Owner's Suite

Cancelled

19 Sep 2021

Oasis of the Seas®

BYE

$*** USD per guest (2)

Grand Suite - 2 Bedroom

Cancelled

19 Sep 2021

Oasis of the Seas®

BYE

$*** USD per guest (2)

Grand Suite - 1 Bedroom

Cancelled

 

Called Customer service and they said the sailing is still a go.

Anybody else get this email?  Dan

Not good.  Hoping no cancellations.  Saw an glimmer of hope when I got the e-mail Royal Up for the September 5 Oasis sail.  🙏

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What it used to mean is that you were outbid on each of the suites by someone else. They generally only have 1-2 cabins available in a category up for bid, and with ships sailing at reduced capacity winning a bid without bidding the max would be a long shot at best.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MadamG2U said:

I got the same email, so I rebid and its now showing the new bids

 

If you didn’t up the ante on your new bids, odds are you will get a second cancellation email soon.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, orville99 said:

If you didn’t up the ante on your new bids, odds are you will get a second cancellation email soon.

AHHHH I see

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, orville99 said:

What it used to mean is that you were outbid on each of the suites by someone else.

? I don't believe Plusgrade ever tells customers they were outbid. I don't think anyone has reported/confirmed your info.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think it might have been a site issue. I’m sailing the week before bud hadn’t bud yet and went to the email to show my husband and the site wouldn’t load any rooms at all. Later that day I got another RoyalUp email and that link worked fine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

? I don't believe Plusgrade ever tells customers they were outbid. I don't think anyone has reported/confirmed your info.

Why would they have to tell anyone. Pure logic would say that an auction house would never take a lower bid when a higher bid was available. It's not rocket science...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Why would they have to tell anyone.

That was my point, they won't and the bid being canceled is no indication of being outbid.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

More like the last few staterooms in that category were sold?

8 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

That was my point, they won't and the bid being canceled is no indication of being outbid.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, mauraoel said:

More like the last few staterooms in that category were sold?

 

Bid being cancelled can probably be caused by a number of things.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, time11130 said:

and we were outbid on the other cabins we put offers in on.

You don't really know that, like cancelled bids, not getting a cabin can be caused by various things.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, time11130 said:

They won't tell you the bids, we just received a winning Owners Suite bid and we were outbid on the other cabins we put offers in on.

When is your cruise date?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MariahJ said:

How do you bid on better cabins?

You must be eligible and either wait for the e-mail inviting you to bid or go directly to the Royal Up web site.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We sale Allure Aug 15 and I just got another Royal up bid. We didn’t bid we like our cabin but I wonder if that’s what happened with ours also.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/19/2021 at 1:34 PM, ticketsunlimited said:

Has anybody else in the past got an e-mail that all of their Royal-up bids for a particular cruise were cancelled?

The e-mail was titled  "Changes to your Royalup request"

RESERVATION MODIFICATION

 

DANIEL,

This email is to let you know that we’ve cancelled your requested RoyalUp upgrade due to a change in your reservation.

Booking Reference: **********

Date

Ship

Origin

Offer Amount

Upgrade To

Offer Status

19 Sep 2021

Oasis of the Seas®

BYE

$*** USD per guest (2)

Crown Loft Suite

Cancelled

19 Sep 2021

Oasis of the Seas®

BYE

$*** USD per guest (2)

Owner's Suite

Cancelled

19 Sep 2021

Oasis of the Seas®

BYE

$*** USD per guest (2)

Grand Suite - 2 Bedroom

Cancelled

19 Sep 2021

Oasis of the Seas®

BYE

$*** USD per guest (2)

Grand Suite - 1 Bedroom

Cancelled

 

Called Customer service and they said the sailing is still a go.

Anybody else get this email?  Dan

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

While I am on that same Oasis sailing on September 19th, I have not received any cancellations for any of my bids. I did notice that the categories I placed a bid on were all cabin categories higher than those you listed. I also did not bid the minimum bids for any of them as well. Yet, I placed my bids on Tuesday (7/13) and received confirmation of my bid requests on Wednesday (7/14). And then received another email to "Act Now" and submit bids again on Sunday (7/18). But I checked my bids and they are all still pending and no cancellation emails. So I am just going to wait and see.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: PONANT Cruises & Expeditions
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...