NEW sailing guideline email from Carnival with link for Exemption

tantara

So, last night I received the email saying to watch out for my health assessment and lo and behold, there it is today in my Cruise Manager, in MY To Do List.  I completed both for me and my DH and we are good to go!  That was speedy!

Edited by ninjacat123

21 hours ago, tantara said:

My husband and i are fully vaccinated for the Sept 27 pride out of Baltimore.  our friends are not and will not get it.  how do or where do they get an exemption letter?

There is very little chance they get approved for an exemption.  Those are almost exclusively going to children under 12.  Some might be getting approved for specific medical conditions.  The fact that they don't want to get it, unfortunately for them it's not going to be approved.

15 minutes ago, DAVLIB007 said:

I always second guess myself I'm getting older lol. i know when i checked the Health questionnaire i marked yes for vaccinated . if i didn't would it show i didn't mark that i was vaccinated 

I hear you!  I double checked that I was marking YES for yes I am vaccinated.  I want to go on my cruise!

16 hours ago, HarveyCharles said:

For now the only percentage I’m comfortable with is ZERO! Sorry parents, leave the unvaccinated kids home. 

Even the unvaccinated kids who have had and recovered from COVID?    This is not a black and white issue. Statistically, my 9-year-old who had COVID is less likely to contract or transmit COVID a second time than a 60-year-old who never had COVID and has only had the J&J, yet is “fully vaccinated”.   A Johns Hopkins study on that came out recently.  Infection rates of recoverees are low and are basically between J&J and Pfizer efficacy,  even with the variants.

I support the way Carnival is handling this, leaving the majority of exemptions for under-12 year old kids.    Also not letting the high risk health groups on board (oxygen, dialysis) is the right call.

I will get him vaccinated if it is available (I recovered and still got vaccinated, doing my part and all that). But to say that all unvaccinated kids need to stay off ships without knowing their health history is a bridge too far IMO.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bargainsniper said:

Even the unvaccinated kids who have had and recovered from COVID?    This is not a black and white issue. Statistically, my 9-year-old who had COVID is less likely to contract or transmit COVID a second time than a 60-year-old who never had COVID and has only had the J&J, yet is “fully vaccinated”.   A Johns Hopkins study on that came out recently.  Infection rates of recoverees are low and are basically between J&J and Pfizer efficacy,  even with the variants.

I support the way Carnival is handling this, leaving the majority of exemptions for under-12 year old kids.    Also not letting the high risk health groups on board (oxygen, dialysis) is the right call.

I will get him vaccinated if it is available (I recovered and still got vaccinated, doing my part and all that). But to say that all unvaccinated kids need to stay off ships without knowing their health history is a bridge too far IMO.

I hope the vaccination will be available and kids can  have fun on cruises like my DDs did when they were little.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, cruisingguy007 said:

If you look at how fast alpha, beta, gamma, delta, and lambda mutated and spread, it could be a rough fall/winter. 

I just have to tell you I laughed out loud on this one - that is great!  Thank you - we all need a laugh these days! The Revenge of the Nerds movie scene came to mind! 😜 On a serious note, I agree - could be a long fall/winter.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

I hope the vaccination will be available and kids can  have fun on cruises like my DDs did when they were little.

Me too! We are booked for February 2022, I hope Camp Ocean is back open by then because his older brother will have the Circle C and he will feel left out.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

So, last night I received the email saying to watch out for my health assessment and lo and behold, there it is today in my Cruise Manager, in MY To Do List.  I completed both for me and my DH and we are good to go!  That was speedy!

Same here.  A couple of clicks for each of the three of us and it was all done.  

• Like 2

On 7/20/2021 at 4:53 PM, bargainsniper said:

Me too! We are booked for February 2022, I hope Camp Ocean is back open by then because his older brother will have the Circle C and he will feel left out.

Unless vaccination rates take a big jump in late fall/early winter, I don’t think Camp Ocean will restart prior to summer vacation next year.

Edited by Noami

3 hours ago, Noami said:

Unless vaccination rates take a big jump in late fall/early winter, I don’t think Camp Ocean will restart prior to summer vacation next year.

It's not about vaccination rates.  The clubs are open for 12-17 because their vaccinated and it will open for the younger children when the vaccines are approved for their age group.

• Like 1

I was going to open a thread but decided this topic would cover my inquiry.

Anyone know of fully vaccinated passengers who tested positive during embarkation? What happens if you show proof of fully vaccinated but test positive?

4 minutes ago, zippyjet said:

Anyone know of fully vaccinated passengers who tested positive during embarkation? What happens if you show proof of fully vaccinated but test positive?

I don't think there IS any test involved, if you are fully vaccinated and show your original vaccine card to the check in folks. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, stellarose said:

vaccinated does not get  tested at embarkation.  someone confirm. 

Confirmed,  ONLY UNvaccinated are tested.  UNLESS they have a reason to suspect someone may be sick, then they may require it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, zippyjet said:

If you test positive.. you DON'T board.  Even if you are vaccinated.  They can't take the chance. You and everyone in your party will be denied boarding.  Remember while the vaccine is wonderful it is not 100% full proof

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, wemjam said:

Confirmed,  ONLY UNvaccinated are tested.  UNLESS they have a reason to suspect someone may be sick, then they may require it.

That's one reason why I would drive and park at the port myself rather than take a hotel shuttle.  What if someone from your shuttle tests positive?   Then even if you're vaccinated you are caught up in all of that. 

we are going to double mask on the plane and take an uber to the ship .  I have been teaching in a classroom since last august with masks. even summer school with masks  . I am cruising!!!!

did I say teaching- IN PERSON.   just give me a ship/ a chair/ and  a Miami vice in hand. 

Edited by stellarose
  • Like 3

On 7/20/2021 at 12:47 PM, mandmcruise said:

Filled out the exemption form, is there anyway to confirm Carnival received it.  Also how do we answer the question on our booking aobut the unvaccinated.  the choices are either vaccinated, unvaccinated and have received an exemption letter, or unvaccinated and have not received an exemption letter.  If we chose the last will it kick out our request for an exemption?

So i wasnt a 100% I did it correctly, so i filled out the form again and it told me that they already had an exemption request on file for us. So it wouldn't hurt to do it again