Jump to content

Carnival Points from Barclay Mastercard


Recommended Posts

I did have Carnivals Mastercard and earned points on it. Last year they cancelled my card because I didn't use it in a while. Did I lose the points that I earned from it? I can't get into that account because of not having the card. Does anyone have any knowledge about it? Would the points be attached to my Carnival account or the MC? Thank you!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would presume your points are gone. According to the Barclay’s site it says, “As long as your card is open, active, and in good standing, your Fun Points do not expire.”

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/20/2021 at 1:09 AM, Linsuesue said:

I would presume your points are gone. According to the Barclay’s site it says, “As long as your card is open, active, and in good standing, your Fun Points do not expire.”

Thank you!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I’ve never heard of a card canceling your account because you haven’t used it. That’s pretty bad. I need to make sure I use mine before I lose them. 

Happens more than you would think.  Two of mine said goodbye during Covid.  I only used them sporadically anyway and then not at all during the early months of the pandemic.   Two separate banks.  Two cards closed for inactivity.   I realized it when I happened to look at one of those free credit reports.  Neither bank even sent a notice.   😞

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I’ve never heard of a card canceling your account because you haven’t used it. That’s pretty bad. I need to make sure I use mine before I lose them. 

Banks are now closing out account if they have been used from anywhere 12 months to 24 months. Use them for gas or dinner every few months to keep them open!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, kitten816 said:

Banks are now closing out account if they have been used from anywhere 12 months to 24 months. Use them for gas or dinner every few months to keep them open!

 

I'll be careful with my carnival one. Looks like I actually used it once last month so I should be good for now. But I have a Amex card I haven't used in years and it's fine. It's USAA though so maybe they won't mess with me. I have my insurance through them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This could be a good thing!!

I got my Carnival Barclays Mastercard around September, 2019 and only planned on using it for Carnival purchases.  I used my card for the first time a couple months later on 11/13/19 to pay for a 3/5/20 Panama Canal cruise on the Miracle.  I got a $200.00 first time use statement credit bonus.   The cruise was shortened by one day due to Covid.  Carnival issued a partial refund on 5/3/20 for one cruise day missed.  Didn't use the card again until 4/17/20, when I booked an Alaska cruise, again on the Miracle.  When my next statement came, not only did I still have my Fun Points balance from more than a year ago, but I also got another $200.00 FIRST TIME USE bonus 🤑.  So, as near as I can tell, if there is no activity in at least 12 months the new card bonus resets, but NOT the accumulated Fun Points. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

This could be a good thing!!

I got my Carnival Barclays Mastercard around September, 2019 and only planned on using it for Carnival purchases.  I used my card for the first time a couple months later on 11/13/19 to pay for a 3/5/20 Panama Canal cruise on the Miracle.  I got a $200.00 first time use statement credit bonus.   The cruise was shortened by one day due to Covid.  Carnival issued a partial refund on 5/3/20 for one cruise day missed.  Didn't use the card again until 4/17/20, when I booked an Alaska cruise, again on the Miracle.  When my next statement came, not only did I still have my Fun Points balance from more than a year ago, but I also got another $200.00 FIRST TIME USE bonus 🤑.  So, as near as I can tell, if there is no activity in at least 12 months the new card bonus resets, but NOT the accumulated Fun Points. 

That should have been didn't use the card again until 4/17/21 (17 months after previously used, but only 11 months with no activity do to the refund issued on 5/3/20)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had an unusual and good experience with my Barclay's Carnival Card too.  I got the $200 bonus about five years ago.  I used the card only for Carnival purchases because the value is not there for non-Carnival purchases compared to other cards.  In early 2020 I used all my points for credit toward a final payment just around the time I was booking a 2020 cruise.  Later I got the full refund from Carnival, so I had negative thousands of points on the card.  Then due to non-use they canceled it.  Then recently I got the $200 offer again.  Remember the card gives a 10% discount for excursions booked prior to sailing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...