MoveUp Offer Question

seacruiserla

I just got an email for our cruise on Apex on August 21. it was sent to me and my TA and I also see a link on the website. I appreciate the info on here and the sticky. I think I will do some low bids and see what happens, try not to be disappointed if it doesn't work out. Because of COVID restrictions, it might be nice to have a nicer room, but I assume a lot of folks feel that way.

5 hours ago, D C said:

No. Some (Costco for example) explicitly state that they do not participate in moveup with no explanation given as to why. 

I would guess it is because they receive no additional commission on the upgrade. Therefore it is not part of their contract with Celebrity.  It does not seem to bother most cruisers, because they are still booking cruises.  If people stop using them for cruises, they might change their policy.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, WMF123 said:

New to this here. Just placed a bid Wednesday night. How long does it take to get a pending bid?

It still says pending and we bid on two upgrades. 
is it possible to win both and have a choice??

thanks

No, it is not possible to win both and have a choice.  When do you sail?  It seems most receive notice within a week of sailing.

54 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

No, it is not possible to win both and have a choice.  When do you sail?  It seems most receive notice within a week of sailing.

We’re sailing Nov 13th. I just went on the website rather than waiting for the email. It worked right away.

I have my bids slightly above the minimum but not by much. $75 ($15 more than min) pp for concierge and $135pp  for aqua ($90 min). I mainly want Aqua but thought it wouldn’t hurt to try for concierge .

Edited by WMF123

Just now, WMF123 said:

We’re sailing Nov 13th. I just went on the website rather than waiting for the email. It worked right away.

I have my bids slightly above the minimum but not by much. $75 ($15 more than min) pp for concierge and $135pp  for aqua ($95 min).

I misunderstood your question in that I thought you were asking when you would know if bid was accepted or not.  Good luck to you!

14 minutes ago, WMF123 said:

I have my bids slightly above the minimum but not by much. $75 ($15 more than min) pp for concierge and $135pp  for aqua ($90 min). I mainly want Aqua but thought it wouldn’t hurt to try for concierge .

Do a mock booking on the cruise and check the availability of both cabins. I wouldn't bid CC because there is really nothing extra that comes with it. AQ on the other hand gives you BLU and Persian Garden access. On our last cruise, AQ was not very full and we bid $5 over minimum and got it. 

17 hours ago, WMF123 said:

See below.  I suggest if you really want AC that you cancel your CC bid.  Personally I would be afraid that I would win the CC bid.  Save the $75 a person and buy a bottle of sparkling wine as I do not believe the CC benefits are worth much. (No extra points)

16 hours ago, neverlaysup said:

Do a mock booking on the cruise and check the availability of both cabins. I wouldn't bid CC because there is really nothing extra that comes with it. AQ on the other hand gives you BLU and Persian Garden access. On our last cruise, AQ was not very full and we bid $5 over minimum and got it. 

Great idea.

On 10/22/2021 at 4:06 PM, FlorenceItaly said:

On 10/23/2021 at 10:11 AM, jagoffee said:

See below.  I suggest if you really want AC that you cancel your CC bid.  Personally I would be afraid that I would win the CC bid.  Save the $75 a person and buy a bottle of sparkling wine as I do not believe the CC benefits are worth much. (No extra points)

Great idea.

I’m travelling with family and we can two cabins to bid on. One of our veranda room is 10% obstructed so I decided to put a CC bid on it. I heard CC usually has better location on the ship. 

But you’re absolutely right, I am also afraid to win the CC one because ultimately I want the Aqua. 

I am about $40 pp above minimum and just between the dial from the weakest to the second weakest pie. I did a mock one and tons of Aqua and CC rooms. 

I heard some people got notified sooner but maybe I bid early

On 10/22/2021 at 5:15 PM, neverlaysup said:

That’s amazing, yea I did a mock quote and tons of Aqua and Concierge cabins still available. How long did you have to wait last time before your bid was accepted?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WMF123 said:

I’m travelling with family and we can two cabins to bid on. One of our veranda room is 10% obstructed so I decided to put a CC bid on it. I heard CC usually has better location on the ship. 

But you’re absolutely right, I am also afraid to win the CC one because ultimately I want the Aqua. 

I am about $40 pp above minimum and just between the dial from the weakest to the second weakest pie. I did a mock one and tons of Aqua and CC rooms. 

I heard some people got notified sooner but maybe I bid early

Since you are dealing with two cabins, you run the risk that only the people in one cabin will be able to dine in Blu. (If one of the cabins win the bid for Aqua)

36 minutes ago, WMF123 said:

That’s amazing, yea I did a mock quote and tons of Aqua and Concierge cabins still available. How long did you have to wait last time before your bid was accepted?

On our last cruise, the bidding didn't even begin until 7 days prior and we were notified about 3-4 days in advance.

On 10/23/2021 at 9:11 AM, jagoffee said:

Great idea.

Slightly different inquiry around this … if you bid on CC and win, one of the “features” of CC is early boarding.  Would a move-up bid winner (to CC) be able to enjoy that benefit ?   

26 minutes ago, cruzer0007 said:

Slightly different inquiry around this … if you bid on CC and win, one of the “features” of CC is early boarding.  Would a move-up bid winner (to CC) be able to enjoy that benefit ?   

Yes, but with assigned boarding times being used at this time I am not sure if this has a lot of value.  

56 minutes ago, cruzer0007 said:

There is no priority boarding now except for suites.  The time on your Xpress pass is your boarding window.

On 8/27/2021 at 1:01 AM, jameslee said:

couldn't you just go directly to website for moveup and not go thru TA or are their cruises not authorized for moveup

If you book through a TA, then you need to go through the TA.

1 hour ago, canderson said:

Perhaps I am misunderstanding.  MoveUp offers come directly from X via email.  No TA involved, even if the original booking is with a TA.

That was my exact experience.
I received the MoveUp offer on October 23rd for November 7th cruise.

2 hours ago, DCPIV said:

If you book through a TA, then you need to go through the TA.

Incorrect based on all my experiences.

2 hours ago, canderson said:

Perhaps I am misunderstanding.  MoveUp offers come directly from X via email.  No TA involved, even if the original booking is with a TA.

Correct, except bookings made with a certain big box retailer are not eligible for move up bidding. In that case the system will not allow you to even make a bid/ or see a potential bid.
I did find out that the TA does receive a commission for the extra money that you pay if you win a bid. So even though the TA are not actually part of the process for bidding, they reap the benefits for the extra charge.