Jump to content

Coco cay, Free things to do?


Recommended Posts

First time for us at Coco Cay, looking for the free things to do, Like to avoid the water park, can you still go to the beach for free and anything else to do? Lunch at Co co cay Free or do have to go back to Ship.. Going on the Allure of seas in Sept... thanks..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There are several different beaches that are free. 
The pool is free. 
All loungers and beach umbrellas are free (and they are plentiful / easy to find empty ones). 

Food at the buffet and the Snack Shack is free, as are the regular (non-soda/non-alcohol) beverages (water, lemonade, flavored water "punch").  
Life jackets are also available to use for free, if needed.

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/20/2021 at 11:05 AM, LeeW said:

Kids water park is free as well.


This is one that most people aren't aware of -- there is a smaller "kiddie" sized water park just outside the big huge waterpark.  It is suitable for toddlers up to maybe 8yo?  (totally guessing, if someone who paid closer attention wants to correct me!)  

If you have little kids, they'll be happy with this freebie waterpark / splash pad and you don't have to pay for the big waterpark.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/20/2021 at 4:03 AM, DISFANS3 said:

First time for us at Coco Cay, looking for the free things to do, Like to avoid the water park, can you still go to the beach for free and anything else to do? Lunch at Co co cay Free or do have to go back to Ship.. Going on the Allure of seas in Sept... thanks..

I was there within weeks of the initial opening.  Beaches are free, and if you have kids, they have 2 free water parks.  The food, in most places, are free as well, and if you decide to get a drink package on the ship, with a few exceptions, the package will be honored.  If you want to buy something from the Straw Market, you will need to bring cash.  The water park for adults, however, costs extra, as does "Up Up And Away" and the zipline.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I’ve been to coco cay 5 times so far and never spent a dime. Beaches, chairs, umbrellas, pool, food, and kids activities all included. You can use drink packages on the island as well. We always have a fantastic time! 
 

The thrill water park, cabanas, balloon ride, coco club, floating mats, etc. are an up charge. 
 

recommend spending the morning at the beach and then moving to the pool area after lunch at the snack shack! 
 

editing to add we purchased my son a hat at the straw market and the vendors were able to charge our room in lieu of cash last month on Adventure. They said it was a new process. 

Edited by twinmommy08
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

I was there within weeks of the initial opening.  Beaches are free, and if you have kids, they have 2 free water parks.  The food, in most places, are free as well, and if you decide to get a drink package on the ship, with a few exceptions, the package will be honored.  If you want to buy something from the Straw Market, you will need to bring cash.  The water park for adults, however, costs extra, as does "Up Up And Away" and the zipline.


Where is the second free water park?  I'm only aware of the one right by the entrance to the large (fee charged) waterpark.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Splashaway Bay, a hyped-up kiddie pool area (five simple slides, two drench buckets), is free to use, and so is Captain Jill's Galleon, a landlocked pirate ship-themed playground with dry slides and 16 water cannons.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, twinmommy08 said:

I’ve been to coco cay 5 times so far and never spent a dime. Beaches, chairs, umbrellas, pool, food, and kids activities all included. You can use drink packages on the island as well. We always have a fantastic time! 
 

The thrill water park, cabanas, balloon ride, coco club, floating mats, etc. are an up charge. 
 

recommend spending the morning at the beach and then moving to the pool area after lunch at the snack shack! 
 

editing to add we purchased my son a hat at the straw market and the vendors were able to charge our room in lieu of cash last month on Adventure. They said it was a new process. 

Wow - you can now charge your straw hat purchases to your room?  That's a huge change. I will probably still bring cash that will go directly to the vendor.

 

I also agree with the other posters about not spending a dime at Coco Cay. It's a great place to spend the day and there are lots of things to do that don't cost.

Beth

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Splashaway Bay, a hyped-up kiddie pool area (five simple slides, two drench buckets), is free to use, and so is Captain Jill's Galleon, a landlocked pirate ship-themed playground with dry slides and 16 water cannons.

I did a double take when I first read this as "16-inch water cannons" and thought Yikes!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Baowen said:

Wow - you can now charge your straw hat purchases to your room?  That's a huge change. I will probably still bring cash that will go directly to the vendor.


I'm pretty sure the "vendors" on Coco Cay now are just employees of the cruise line, and not the actual people receiving the profit from the sales.  When I was there, all the stuff in all the little huts was basically identical merchandise, all mass-produced, and much of it RCI-themed.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, brillohead said:


I'm pretty sure the "vendors" on Coco Cay now are just employees of the cruise line, and not the actual people receiving the profit from the sales.  When I was there, all the stuff in all the little huts was basically identical merchandise, all mass-produced, and much of it RCI-themed.  

Oh no!  That's a big disappointment 😞    Well then I guess it wouldn't matter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: Virgin Voyages. It's Go Time
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...