Highlight of Bahamas cruise

bitob

1 hour ago, PaulMCO said:

!cid_5769E438-62F7-48E3-806E-8473834894B5.jpg

!cid_CF4CCC31-1321-49BD-9381-5F9E598E8D29.jpg

That was fun!! Some of the most beautiful waters I have seen. I would of liked to have met you. My husband is in the right side of the picture, orange bathing suit, full head of gray hair. If you see us, come say hello. Are you on the lobster lunch tour tomorrow?

• Like 2

Quick Exuma beach review. We got the tickets for the umbrella and chair 25$ for the two of us. Took a early tender to shore water was very rough. Upon arrival we were shown a shuttle bus that took us the the beach which was about 10 minutes away. We arrived were greeted a local band and a very friendly staff they explained the location of the bathrooms which were clean but older and that we could take off masks when we got to our chairs. The chairs and umbrellas brand new. The walk after the board walk to the beach was rough some of the thickest sand I have ever seen. 

The beach was nice very clean sand the water was fresh and you could swim a long way out due to the sand bar . We did not see any 🐟. We had a nice breeze and it was warm. For vendors they had a few local ones with local stuff, 2 tables selling local drinks and snacks. They do have a good shack very basic we did try the local conch fritters that were tasty and 3 for a dollar. The shuttle ride back was simple. Hope this helps

20210720090305_IMG_0993.JPG

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jdfireman said:

Quick Exuma beach review. We got the tickets for the umbrella and chair 25$ for the two of us. Took a early tender to shore water was very rough. Upon arrival we were shown a shuttle bus that took us the the beach which was about 10 minutes away. We arrived were greeted a local band and a very friendly staff they explained the location of the bathrooms which were clean but older and that we could take off masks when we got to our chairs. The chairs and umbrellas brand new. The walk after the board walk to the beach was rough some of the thickest sand I have ever seen. 

The beach was nice very clean sand the water was fresh and you could swim a long way out due to the sand bar . We did not see any 🐟. We had a nice breeze and it was warm. For vendors they had a few local ones with local stuff, 2 tables selling local drinks and snacks. They do have a good shack very basic we did try the local conch fritters that were tasty and 3 for a dollar. The shuttle ride back was simple. Hope this helps

Very helpful. Will do the pigs one cruise and beach another.conch very cheap. Does it help to have small bills to buy lunch

• Like 1

18 hours ago, bonnieg said:

That was fun!! Some of the most beautiful waters I have seen. I would of liked to have met you. My husband is in the right side of the picture, orange bathing suit, full head of gray hair. If you see us, come say hello. Are you on the lobster lunch tour tomorrow?

No. We just looked at craft booths, all two of them, and came back on board .  Lol

19 hours ago, Jdfireman said:

Excellent review - we thought it was one of the most beautiful beaches ever.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, andiamo76 said:

thanks for posting a helpful review!  Can’t wait to find out about today.  

Many thanks to all who are posting here.

Today, for us, was another amazing beach. We tendered to shore, walked 50 yards to an amazing beach with chair set up like the others. This time there was beach service by some of the most friendly people ever. Happy to answer any questions.

22E9DA22-8A04-4AC8-ADDF-54AAB4588F4C.jpeg

• Like 1

The pigs in Exuma were a lot of fun. The highlight for us was Gordon’s Beach on Long Island. One of the most beautiful beaches I have ever been to and practically deserted.  Loved it.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, TakingFlight said:

The pigs in Exuma were a lot of fun. The highlight for us was Gordon’s Beach on Long Island. One of the most beautiful beaches I have ever been to and practically deserted.  Loved it.

Any chance you have a photo? We are deciding what to do tomorrow.

37 minutes ago, tinaincc said:

Today, for us, was another amazing beach. We tendered to shore, walked 50 yards to an amazing beach with chair set up like the others. This time there was beach service by some of the most friendly people ever. Happy to answer any questions.

So did you buy the ticket for the chair as an excursion or did you just do it on your own?  If purchased through the ship, could you have just rented them on your own?

35 minutes ago, tinaincc said:

37 minutes ago, tinaincc said:

So sorry, I can’t seem to bring it up in my photos. Try googling Gordon’s Beach and like my dentist just did, you’ll want to go there immediately!

4 hours ago, andiamo76 said:

So how did you get to Gordon’s beach?  

2 hours ago, Roel94 said:

Notice hey are letting crew off. Saw be person we all know with the pigs  

They have a shuttle to the beach about 35 minutes. We are going today will post pictures

Some crew members are tour ambassadors so they are allowed to be on the tour with the guests.  Very limited number of staff quality at this time 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MisterBill99 said:

So did you buy the ticket for the chair as an excursion or did you just do it on your own?  If purchased through the ship, could you have just rented them on your own?

Which beach? I'd like to know the answers to the above questions as well!!!

Gordon's Beach Review After the tender it was an approximately 30 minute ride on a air conditioned bus to the beach. The buses were actually brought here by Crystal for transportation purposes. Upon arrival of the beach we were greeted by nice local folks they showed us to our chairs and explain to us that it is a bit Rocky and there is seaweed. The water is very warm and beautiful I recommend bringing water shoes because of some of the rocks and seaweed on the bottom. The beach is not crowded the sand is very nice. They have a local bar where basically you pick what you want to drink and he makes it. A local stand selling fresh fish and other items. And another lady who will be making banana daiquiris and other type of frozen drinks. Attached this pictures of the bathrooms.. everybody is very nice. When arriving at the tender Port there are also some table set up with live music and local goods. If I forgot anything I will update later we are enjoying our time.. The people are very happy we are here. We love the local stands and are spending some money. 

PXL_20210722_133432795.jpg

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Jdfireman said:

Gordon's Beach Review After the tender it was an approximately 30 minute ride on a air conditioned bus to the beach. The buses were actually brought here by Crystal for transportation purposes. Upon arrival of the beach we were greeted by nice local folks they showed us to our chairs and explain to us that it is a bit Rocky and there is seaweed. The water is very warm and beautiful I recommend bringing water shoes because of some of the rocks and seaweed on the bottom. The beach is not crowded the sand is very nice. They have a local bar where basically you pick what you want to drink and he makes it. A local stand selling fresh fish and other items. And another lady who will be making banana daiquiris and other type of frozen drinks. Attached this pictures of the bathrooms.. everybody is very nice. When arriving at the tender Port there are also some table set up with live music and local goods. If I forgot anything I will update later we are enjoying our time.. The people are very happy we are here. We love the local stands and are spending some money. 

PXL_20210722_133432795.jpg

Beautiful beach and picture 👍. Thank you.

Ivi