3rd traveler in balcony room

Please forgive me if this has been asnwered before. I have searched forums for some info.  My question is this:  Do you have a choice as to where the 3rd person will sleep?  I am thinking that we prefer the overhead bunk to be used in order to leave the sofa area free for easy access to the balcony as well as extra floor space for 3.  What are your experiences with this?  How does one put in a request?  Thank you very much.

7 hours ago, woodworker&knitter said:

Yes, if you’re in a quad then just tell the cabin steward you’d like the overhead bunk make up

But not all balconies are quads, so if you book a triple the third guest will be on the sofa bed, no other options. Bottom line: select your cabin carefully!

• Like 1

When we cruised with my granddaughter we just told the cabin stewards she was going to sleep in the tree house. I do know the mattress is very thin up in the top bunk but she enjoyed being up and out of the way when we got up early and she slept in. It does make more work for the room stewards as it is hard to make the bed but does add so much more living space. 

• Like 1

On 7/21/2021 at 10:17 AM, lindaler said:

When we cruised with my granddaughter we just told the cabin stewards she was going to sleep in the tree house. I do know the mattress is very thin up in the top bunk but she enjoyed being up and out of the way when we got up early and she slept in. It does make more work for the room stewards as it is hard to make the bed but does add so much more living space. 

This is exactly the type of info I am looking for. Thanks for sharing.  My grandaughter likes to sleep also!

• Like 1

We always cruise with our son who is a fullsized adult.  He prefers the sofa bed and often has it left closed to sleep on.  Climbing up/down to upper bunk is less convenient for a 6'2" adult male.  He did enjoy it when he was much younger though.