Favorite dishes at Cucina del Capitano!

2 hours ago, Everyday's a Good Day said:

I love the Cucine del Capitano!   They did get rid of one of my favorites a few years ago.   Spaghetti Carbonara!   I loved it and hope they bring it back one day.

Ooooo I love Spaghetti Carbonara!  I wonder if they would do a request off the menu...

2 hours ago, dulcemariamar said:

The pork chop but everything was delicious. Unfortunately I ate there on my last night. I should have gone at least 3 times 

That's what I'm thinking, maybe I should make another reservation for another night as well.  So many tasty choices!

2 hours ago, Everyday's a Good Day said:

I love the Cucine del Capitano!   They did get rid of one of my favorites a few years ago.   Spaghetti Carbonara!   I loved it and hope they bring it back one day.

I remember when they changed the menu and got rid of it.  I was on the Vista in 2017 and had planned to try it, but they announced during a cooking demonstration that they had *just* changed the menu.  I was so disappointed.  But I just looked at the menu on the Carnival website and they now have a carbonara listed under the Linguini/Spaghetti section.  I don't know if it's the exact same as what they used to have because I never got the chance to try it, but I plan to give it a try when I'm on the Horizon next year.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, sunshower9 said:

I remember when they changed the menu and got rid of it.  I was on the Vista in 2017 and had planned to try it, but they announced during a cooking demonstration that they had *just* changed the menu.  I was so disappointed.  But I just looked at the menu on the Carnival website and they now have a carbonara listed under the Linguini/Spaghetti section.  I don't know if it's the exact same as what they used to have because I never got the chance to try it, but I plan to give it a try when I'm on the Horizon next year.

That would be awesome if they have brought it back!   I always looked forward to it.   I'll at least try what Ninjacat123 suggested and ask if they'll make it?  Never hurts to try!

• Like 1

Just now, BrotherCraig said:

Whatever the Captain's Special is.  Loved it each time.  Big pile of seafood last night.  It was insane.

The Favorito del Capitano?  There wasn't a description so I guess it changes.  Big pile of seafood sounds very tasty.  Was there an additional charge?  TIA!

4 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

The Favorito del Capitano?  There wasn't a description so I guess it changes.  Big pile of seafood sounds very tasty.  Was there an additional charge?  TIA!

No additional charge.  Just depends on who the Captain is and what he decides.  Always the real deal.

• Like 1

On 7/21/2021 at 12:24 PM, Computer Nerd said:

None. I find Cucina del Capitano to be the blandest Italian restaurant I've ever eaten in. Get more flavor at an Olive Garden.

You are just a ray of sunshine, If you hate everything on carnival so much why do you keep sailing? 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

You are just a ray of sunshine, If you hate everything on carnival so much why do you keep sailing? 

He's a troll. He spends most of his time on the Royal Caribbean forum, and rarely bashes R.C.

I honestly can't remember what we had on our 2/20 sailing on the Breeze.  My 3 year old son was being a terror so I think I pushed it out of my memory lol 😆 I do remember the food being excellent but service lacking a little. But a great value at 15pp and we will be going back 8/1 horizon cruise.  

The Tomahawk pork chop is fantastic.   The fingerling potatoes can easily feed 3 people as a side dish.  The arancini is a risotto rice ball that is breaded and lightly fried and served  with sauce.  

When the carbonara was on the menu, we split it as our side dishes to go with the short rib entree.

Did I mention that the Tomahawk pork chop is delicious?

6 hours ago, tap_out said:

I honestly can't remember what we had on our 2/20 sailing on the Breeze.  My 3 year old son was being a terror so I think I pushed it out of my memory lol 😆 I do remember the food being excellent but service lacking a little. But a great value at 15pp and we will be going back 8/1 horizon cruise.  

Please come back here and review your meal!  Have a great cruise!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

The Tomahawk pork chop is fantastic.   The fingerling potatoes can easily feed 3 people as a side dish.  The arancini is a risotto rice ball that is breaded and lightly fried and served  with sauce.  

When the carbonara was on the menu, we split it as our side dishes to go with the short rib entree.

Did I mention that the Tomahawk pork chop is delicious?

The Tomahawk is getting tons of votes!  Sounds like you went to Cucina del Capitano more than once?  Or different cruises?  I may need to book another night😃

4 minutes ago, DGP1111 said:

Signature Arancini 

Tomahawk Pork Chop

Spaghetti side dish

(I skip dessert)

All paired with a nice Tuscan wine.

😊

Sounds soooo good!  I know my DH will be drinking a glass of Chianti and I will have a crisp Pinot Grigio🍷(that's his glass of wine😉)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

The Tomahawk is getting tons of votes!  Sounds like you went to Cucina del Capitano more than once?  Or different cruises?  I may need to book another night😃

Been there 6 times.  Did it twice back in January of 2013 on the Breeze when it was only 12.00 and twice again in August of 2018 and August of 2019 on the Horizon.   In between, the menu had changed, so the four times we ate there on the Horizon is when I enjoyed the Tomahawk.  The crispy sage that comes with it is so good.  We will visit there twice at the end of August on the Horizon and a third night at Jiji's to take advantage of the 38.00 special.  Will go again on the Mardi Gras in October as well.

• Like 1