Once a day house keeping???

pokerguy90

Only if you choose morning cleaning.

You will pick morning or evening.  If you pick evening you will get turn down service.  They will clean when you go out to dinner.

I always picked just evening (for years now).  Don't need them to clean twice a day, and I prefer to not be bothered in the morning if I want to sleep in and/or lounge around.  With evening service they come in when we are out for the night, do their thing and come back to a nice neat room.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

Just now, wemjam said:

Only if you choose morning cleaning.

You will pick morning or evening.  If you pick evening you will get turn down service.  They will clean when you go out to dinner.

I always picked just evening (for years now).  Don't need them to clean twice a day, and I prefer to not be bothered in the morning if I want to sleep in and/or lounge around.  With evening service they come in when we are out for the night, do their thing and we come back to a nice neat room with bed turned down

6 minutes ago, pokerguy90 said:

Thanks, i will take your advice. Evening service it is. 🤗😎

PS:  Just one more thought, if you did need anything prior to your evening cleaning, they are happy to help.  Say you wanted some clean towels, we just ask them when we see them in the hall during morning cleaning and they are happy to give them to us.  Or if you wanted some ice in your room, if you ask them to put it in there they will.  They also usually give you a "business card" with a number on it to call them if you need anything.  We have never used it, but it is there if you absolutely needed it.  We just hit them up if we see them in the hall cleaning.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, keywest1 said:

Evenings are our choice as well.  Some days we just ask for clean towels and ask that they skip cleaning.    

DITTO!  These guys work so hard and everyday with a big smile, I can't see making them do anymore than is needed. 

• Like 10

We are of the opinion as long time customers (Carnival ((platinum)) and other lines) this is an expectation of morning and evening cabin service, although I don't think vacuuming or heavy clearing is needed twice.  Just a quick clean up.  Ever try to get ice to the room on a Carnival cruise in the afternoon?  You're better off going to a bar area yourself and that was before Covid.  

So who know and we will adapt.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, wemjam said:

I always picked just evening (for years now).  Don't need them to clean twice a day, and I prefer to not be bothered in the morning if I want to sleep in and/or lounge around.  With evening service they come in when we are out for the night, do their thing and come back to a nice neat room.

Same for us. I don't understand the uproar over the once a day thing. Most hotels have only ever cleaned once a day. 

• Like 12

1 minute ago, DGNewton said:

We are of the opinion as long time customers (Carnival ((platinum)) and other lines) this is an expectation of morning and evening cabin service, although I don't think vacuuming or heavy clearing is needed twice.  Just a quick clean up.  Ever try to get ice to the room on a Carnival cruise in the afternoon?  You're better off going to a bar area yourself and that was before Covid.  

So who know and we will adapt.

I am Diamond and been cruising for 20 years.  Back in the day the twice a day cleaning was the "norm."  Never even was asked otherwise, just did it.

A few years ago room Steward's started asking Day or Evening.  Long time cruises like us (you and me) were "aware" of the "norm" of twice a day cleaning and many still asked for it.  New cruisers were not used to this though.  They were trying to get away from having to clean every room twice per day.  They have put more rooms of cleaning on these guys and they are still expected to get it done.  I was happy to have it done once per day in the evening.  I have even had Steward's who will tell me... no no we will clean for you twice a day (I assume because of our status level) and I tell them no really not necessary.

• Like 5

When they introduce themselves to you (the first day they will meet with you and ask you about when you want your service).  Just tell them you would like extra towels left each day.  You can specify like 4 bath towels, and they will do this no worries.

I ask for extras to be left all the time, so we have fresh ones if we happen to shower 2 or 3 times during the day (which happens often on the cruise). After working out, after the beach, before dinner, etc.

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, amypintx said:

Same for us. I don't understand the uproar over the once a day thing. Most hotels have only ever cleaned once a day. 

The last few times we’ve stayed in hotels, they haven’t cleaned at all. We had to drop our wet towels off in a bin and ask for fresh ones, toilet paper, stuff like that. Covid protocols. So we will be spoiled with once a day cleaning on the cruise. 

• Like 12

22 minutes ago, wemjam said:

When they introduce themselves to you (the first day they will meet with you and ask you about when you want your service).  Just tell them you would like extra towels left each day.  You can specify like 4 bath towels, and they will do this no worries.

I ask for extras to be left all the time, so we have fresh ones if we happen to shower 2 or 3 times during the day (which happens often on the cruise). After working out, after the beach, before dinner, etc.

Yup! We require a lot of towels too. Just ask them and be specific, if you take 10 showers a day, ask for 10. It actually saves them time from responding to a handful of simple request. Knocking it all out in one go and establishing expectations works best. I also do PM since I'm usually out in the evening and like to sleep in.  

Edited by cruisingguy007
  • Like 2

No, we want the room picked up twice regardless.....sailed many a lines and this is the normal....Carnival has and is trying to do less with less, yet using Covid as an excuse....if they have VAX crew then what's the issue?.....but the the price remains the same....just our expectation and will not back down....

• Like 12
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, DGNewton said:

No, we want the room picked up twice regardless.....sailed many a lines and this is the normal....Carnival has and is trying to do less with less, yet using Covid as an excuse....if they have VAX crew then what's the issue?.....but the the price remains the same....just our expectation and will not back down....

I thank you for your post...Too many people are willing to pay more for less and the cruise lines along with a lot of US corporations know this as well.....

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, DGNewton said:

I mean you can have that expectation but it will not happen and don't be one of those customer's that berates a member of the crew because they aren't allowed and doing what Management has told them to do. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, DGNewton said:

Carnival's cabin service is now once per day. Carnival's cruise line, Carnival's rules. Welcome to the new normal, although I can see it being modified some in the future.

We chose "morning" service which was around noon for us on sea days, and the smiling cabin stewards happily fetched us fresh ice in the evening or anything else we asked for.

Life is too short to whine about the small stuff. We cruise to relax, not to look for things to complain about 

• Like 17

10 minutes ago, mpdog42 said:

I thank you for your post...Too many people are willing to pay more for less and the cruise lines along with a lot of US corporations know this as well.....

Price is driven by demand and not by the number of times the cabin is serviced. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, xraymomma said:

The last few times we’ve stayed in hotels, they haven’t cleaned at all. We had to drop our wet towels off in a bin and ask for fresh ones, toilet paper, stuff like that. Covid protocols. So we will be spoiled with once a day cleaning on the cruise. 

Amen to that. Same thing has happened to me.

• Like 2

I've always been asked, and both morning and evening...or both

have been offered.

I normally choose evening....since I like to sleep in late when I am on vacation aboard.

David

Edited by DAllenTCY
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, mexicobob said:

Amen to that. Same thing has happened to me.

Yep. People who complain about cruise line cabin service obviously haven't stayed in an average US hotel lately. 

The hotels also seem to require masks regardless of vaccination status.

• Like 3