Once a day house keeping???

pokerguy90

On 7/29/2021 at 2:12 PM, PaperSniper4 said:

Can you please elaborate on what you mean about the phone to survive? What did you need to do with the phone more than on other cruises. We normally put the phone in the safe as soon as we check into our cabin and don't take it out until checking our airline reservations, etc, about the last day of the cruise.

Doug

You need it for everything.....or go stand in line at the service desk or call them on the phone - good luck....Print the Funtimes!  Stop the show reservation crap!  Many were no shows that had reservations tool!  Print the menus - get this, you're in a fine steak house and you need to pull out your phone for the menu that they are charging $38 per person....wrong....

Now a side note, access to your account and other stuff was okay, so that function was good, but this should be a secondary function, not the prime.

• 2 months later...

We were disappointed to find out that we didn't get turndown service. When we return from dinner to a dirty room we felt neglected and unimportant. This was my 52nd cruise and the first one where we didn't get the turndown service. I started straightening my own room before dinner so I wasn't disappointed when returning to the room later.

We're going out again in a week on three back to back cruises on the Magic so we will request late cleaning as this was NOT an option on the Carnival Magic that we got in from last Saturday. 

Thanks for letting us know we have the option to request late room servicing.

42 minutes ago, 1stin71 said:

Cruising sure has changed since the 70's.

I will try to dig up some pics of us cruising from a bygone era and post them here.

Would love to see them! And welcome to Cruise Critic! 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/2/2021 at 7:52 PM, SheSailsFL said:

For me it’s all about the ice.  If they leave my requested number of pillows on Day 1 and requested number of towels daily thereafter, I don’t care when they service the cabin.  I just need my ice bucket filled sometimes more than once per day, but I don’t mind tracking down someone to do it off schedule if needed. 
On my last 2 cruises just before the shutdown (Dec 19 and January 20) on two different cruise lines, there was only once daily service.  
This is not just a post pandemic thing.

People who must have twice daily service to feel “special” really need to get themselves a life. 

No problem getting the steward to fill the ice bucket twice a day on our pandemic cruises - we aren't post pandemic, yet. And if we needed more towels, no problem 

9 hours ago, london412 said:

. . .

We're going out again in a week on three back to back cruises on the Magic so we will request late cleaning as this was NOT an option on the Carnival Magic that we got in from last Saturday. 

. . . 

What I did recently on Carnival Magic was to place a simple note reading "Evening Service" in the mail box on embarkation day.  I didn't know if I'd physically meet the steward during the day. 

Later in the afternoon there was a knock on the door, thanking me for the note and asking if there was anything I needed now.  Saved us both time, and I received exactly what I wanted. 🙂

Have a great time on your return to that ship . . . and in multiple fashion!  (I'll be joining ya for the 10/17 portion). 

Edited by DGP1111
  • Like 3

On 7/31/2021 at 10:37 AM, toby #1 said:

I'm with you on this one.  I think at least Diamond should have a choice.  I don't like wet towels and a unmade bed to look at.  I also like ice twice a day without having to ask for it.  They can do heavy cleaning early and just leave ice and take any used towels in the evening.  If I never had twice a day service I guess I wouldn't miss it but since I have I still expect it.

I don't see what Diamond has to do with it as you pay the same price.

I simply adopted their rule and wanted late service.  after we showered an left for early dinner. Well that never happened.  They did what they wanted.

Since then we went on Disney and had service all day and into the evening.  So, chose what line you want as this is the norm for Carnival going forward.

• Like 1

Those who feel their cruise will be ruined with only once daily cabin service might be interested to know that other cruise lines (their closest competitor, for one) are doing the usual twice daily service.
And they’re doing paper menus in the dining room.  
If those things are important to you, you do have options. 

Most all cruise lines are leaning into technology and it really enhances your cruise to have a map with a guide to your next location on the ship.  You can make dinner reservations with a couple of clicks, have the daily newsletter with you instead of carrying the paper, click on activities that interest you and the app creates your schedule for the day! 
There’s a lot you’ll miss out on if you don’t get “on board” with the tech.  
Besides, my iPhone takes a much better photo than any digital camera I have had.  So it’s always with me. 

18 hours ago, SheSailsFL said:

Those who feel their cruise will be ruined with only once daily cabin service might be interested to know that other cruise lines (their closest competitor, for one) are doing the usual twice daily service.
And they’re doing paper menus in the dining room.  
If those things are important to you, you do have options. 

Most all cruise lines are leaning into technology and it really enhances your cruise to have a map with a guide to your next location on the ship.  You can make dinner reservations with a couple of clicks, have the daily newsletter with you instead of carrying the paper, click on activities that interest you and the app creates your schedule for the day! 
There’s a lot you’ll miss out on if you don’t get “on board” with the tech.  
Besides, my iPhone takes a much better photo than any digital camera I have had.  So it’s always with me. 

Who ever said this "Those who feel their cruise will be ruined".  Certainly not I.

Just expectations or how you measure service.  And that of others cruise lines.

I know what I get in Carnival, I would at least like them to listen - evening means evening service.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/13/2021 at 4:03 PM, DGNewton said:

Who ever said this "Those who feel their cruise will be ruined".  Certainly not I.

Just expectations or how you measure service.  And that of others cruise lines.

I know what I get in Carnival, I would at least like them to listen - evening means evening service.

I wasn’t quoting you specifically.  The title of  this thread is “once a day housekeeping”.   I was responding in general and simply contrasting what other cruise lines do in comparison.  

13 hours ago, SheSailsFL said:

I wasn’t quoting you specifically.  The title of  this thread is “once a day housekeeping”.   I was responding in general and simply contrasting what other cruise lines do in comparison.  

Okay - sorry, respect that and we know what Carnival does.  We adjust and have a great time and move on.....Holland American, Disney, and NCL spoil us a bit more....RCL is going more of the other route lately.....