Jump to content

6 Star - coming soon? if not, when?


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Cruise4food said:

Remember though. Some people promoted the RMS Titanic to be a fully catered lifeboat.

 

Not sure what happened to it, but there are rumours.  😂  🤣

They called bread and water catered?  That's just sad.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, KirkNC said:

We got our Platinum when we returned to our room and it was laying on our bed, no card, no ceremony. 

No class on HAL's part 😒 Platinum is the highest Medallion before President's Club.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, KirkNC said:

We got our Platinum when we returned to our room and it was laying on our bed, no card, no ceremony. 

I hate to hear that!  Could I ask what cruise this was?  A long cruise or short?  As I keep saying, it all depends on so many issues.  However, no excuse, no way, for anyone hitting Platinum to be treated that way!  Shame on the HD and Captain.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, SilvertoGold said:

I hate to hear that!  Could I ask what cruise this was?  A long cruise or short?  As I keep saying, it all depends on so many issues.  However, no excuse, no way, for anyone hitting Platinum to be treated that way!  Shame on the HD and Captain.

I believe it was on a 17 day Antarctica cruise on the Zaandam.  The Captain at the time was not very social.  He didn’t even attend the Mariner Lunch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, taxmantoo said:

No class on HAL's part 😒 Platinum is the highest Medallion before President's Club.

We know another couple that had the same thing happen with their 500 day medallion (is that Gold)?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

We know another couple that had the same thing happen with their 500 day medallion (is that Gold)?

Kirk! Love your list of future cruises!!!!

 

A 17 day Antarctic should have got you a bit of attention!  Platinum!   We got Gold on that cruise (B-B) and it was done really well, lucky for us, I guess. 

 

HAL does seem to have problems. I suspect your experience and the other couple's could have been what I have heard about:  "Where were you? We called your names. We thought you didn't want to come to the ceremony, so we put the Medallion on your bed!". 

 

After we made Platinum we started to find we didn't get invited to any Mariner event on some cruises, even the Brunch, unless we took it upon ourselves to ask, and ask again, where the invitations were.  "Will be delivered tonight"  Didn't happen. "Oh, this afternoon".  Didn't happen.  "Tomorrow"  No, why don't you print it right now for us while we wait?" Bingo.  The Front Desk people are not necessarily on the ball all the time.  We now ask when and where and follow up. Sheeesh!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, scamper said:

They called bread and water catered?  That's just sad.

 

If they were in that lifeboat, they survived.  Not sure the number of the lifeboat nor whether it was catered or not, but there was one that held a small number of aristocrats by themselves when there were places for others.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, SilvertoGold said:

Yes, agree, fun to see people getting their medallions.  Harmless fun and a good loyalty event.

 

It is an event that I am pleased to attend and to witness my fellow cruisers gaining such recognition.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

 

It is an event that I am pleased to attend and to witness my fellow cruisers gaining such recognition.  

Agree. Us too. The free drinks don't hurt either!!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SilvertoGold said:

After we made Platinum we started to find we didn't get invited to any Mariner event on some cruises, even the Brunch, unless we took it upon ourselves to ask, and ask again, where the invitations were.  "Will be delivered tonight"  Didn't happen. "Oh, this afternoon".  Didn't happen.  "Tomorrow"  No, why don't you print it right now for us while we wait?" Bingo.  The Front Desk people are not necessarily on the ball all the time.  We now ask when and where and follow up. Sheeesh!

 

Oh my heavens 😱. I know I don’t have as many cruises as you do but honestly, the platinum members have been specially recognized at every medallion celebration I have attended.

 

and sometimes, on the Mariner brunch.

 

that’s disappointing to hear.  I’m wondering what cruises they were or what ship?

 

I guess we were lucky, then.  Or on the right ship?  And yes, the Prinsendam had so many 4 and 5 * Mariners that forget priority tendering, etc.  Normally, two ceremonies. But we were always invited and they changed our time for us as both my dear friend from over 30 years ago when we did our first HAL cruise and we were both getting our lowly silver medallions.  They even called us both back up to do a pic together.  So nice ♥️. Memories.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/21/2021 at 5:31 AM, Lido - Lanai said:

HAL President's Club Rewards include one free internet package (up to 500 minutes - 8.3 hours)

HAL Presidents Club Rewards.pdf 1.03 MB · 83 downloads

This is changed, no more minutes, it is now $$$ that we can use towards the purchase of a plan, Minutes are gone for everybody.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So interesting to read this. As a former HAL cruiser with over 30 cruises in Neptune or Pinnacle suites, I have moved on to Celebrity suites.  Take one cruise on any Celebrity full suite with no status and you will see what HAL lacks for 5 star Mariners or any suite accommodation on any of their ships.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, happyglobetrotter said:

This is changed, no more minutes, it is now $$$ that we can use towards the purchase of a plan, Minutes are gone for everybody.  

That's a nice list. I am jealous. But its from a World Cruise. How much applies to a 7 day cruise, for example.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

That's a nice list. I am jealous. But its from a World Cruise. How much applies to a 7 day cruise, for example.

All of it..... the list was was just copied on the 2019 World Cruise stationary and distributed as info for passengers. Case in point, I know of PC members, when on 7 day cruises, get the "10 complimentary dinners in the Pinnacle Grill". They can eat there every night should they choose to do so. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

That's a nice list. I am jealous. But its from a World Cruise. How much applies to a 7 day cruise, for example.

Everything applies. We get the 29 days and less benefits on a 7 day cruise. And Lido-Lanai is correct. On a 7 day, voyage we have 10 complimentary PInnacle dinners.    

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, happyglobetrotter said:

Everything applies. We get the 29 days and less benefits on a 7 day cruise. And Lido-Lanai is correct. On a 7 day, voyage we have 10 complimentary PInnacle dinners.    

Agh, I can’t believe I forgot about the 10 Pinnacle dinners!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Many of those PC rewards are given at the 5 star level.  We achieved 5 stars several years ago and are well on our way to PC.  But there are no additional amenities until then unless a 6 star level is created. Perhaps one more Pinnacle Dinner?  Or a bottle of wine?  I believe we get 100 days of internet;  why not double the minutes? 

It's a long time between 500 days sailed and 1400 days sailed!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/21/2021 at 4:09 AM, KirkNC said:

1400 Days to PC.  You do have to be invited but not sure anyone has never not been invited.  I think there are approximately 75 people in the PC group.  You do get some free stuff, can’t remember it all but seems like free flowers and a free bottle of liquor.  They also have some PC only events but I think that is only on grand voyages.  Not bad (actually compared to some other lines it is) after spending a minimum of $350,000 per person ($250/day x 1,400).

A couple on my last sailing that are PC got their own table for breakfast and lunch.  I don't know if that's a perk or not, but it was the first time I ever saw it offered outside of dinner. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, atexsix said:

A couple on my last sailing that are PC got their own table for breakfast and lunch.  I don't know if that's a perk or not, but it was the first time I ever saw it offered outside of dinner. 

They probably just knew they would get it if they asked for it.  Does seem a tad snobby but PC members have been accused of that before.  The crew will try to fulfill requests especially from PCers.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

They probably just knew they would get it if they asked for it.  Does seem a tad snobby but PC members have been accused of that before.  The crew will try to fulfill requests especially from PCers.

They were assigned to the table next to us at mdr dinner, that's why I noticed them just walking on in to their own different table for lunch/breakfast.  They were actually a nice couple and didn't come off as "we are PC" at all, we stopped and chatted with them in port a few times, you know how it is, you get to know people at nearby tables when you dine with them for weeks on end. 

 

It didn't bother me that they were able to get the perk, I was more surprised by it than anything.  

 

 

Edited by atexsix
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

They probably just knew they would get it if they asked for it

Yes, you can request a table for two at every meal.  Maybe you won’t have to wait as long if you are a veteran. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

At breakfast or lunch,  if we requested a table for two in MDR  our request was honored even before we made 4 or 5 star Mariners.

 

Enjoy a couple of cups of coffee before being asked the usual table mate questions.

 

Being a retired military veteran I remember one rude couple sharing our breakfast table asking “ how many people did you kill? Got up and walked away.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Being a retired military veteran I remember one rude couple sharing our breakfast table asking “ how many people did you kill? Got up and walked away.

Or the reason we stopped allowing the cruise line to assign us to tables with unknown people, when we were assigned a couple from the deep south that led off conversation the first night with comments about how many minorities there were in our area, and 3 or 4 very blatant racist statements about "lazy people" and so on....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...