6 Star - coming soon? if not, when?

sansterre

On 7/22/2021 at 7:11 PM, rkacruiser said:

If they were in that lifeboat, they survived.  Not sure the number of the lifeboat nor whether it was catered or not, but there was one that held a small number of aristocrats by themselves when there were places for others.  

Two. Baronet Sir Cosmo and Lady Lucile Duff-Gordon. 

5 minutes ago, scamper said:

Two. Baronet Sir Cosmo and Lady Lucile Duff-Gordon. 

A sad memory on this date, July 25, 2021, the 65th Anniversary of the loss of lives on the S. S. Andrea Doria and the M. S. Stockholm.  

• Thanks 1

On 7/23/2021 at 6:48 PM, aliaschief said:

At breakfast or lunch,  if we requested a table for two in MDR  our request was honored even before we made 4 or 5 star Mariners.

Enjoy a couple of cups of coffee before being asked the usual table mate questions.

Being a retired military veteran I remember one rude couple sharing our breakfast table asking “ how many people did you kill? Got up and walked away.

Unbelievable how people can be!  We’ve been very lucky for the most  part, but one couple manhandled all the rolls, then complained about everything.  I had to let the Maître d know it was the passenger not the waiter.   
Another trip a couple asked us the first morning of a 14 day circumnavigation of Japan if we were sick of Japan yet?  Then preceded to harangue the wait staff over the grapefruit sectioning!  Sigh! We avoided them after that but saw them make the same complaints regularly.  

On 7/25/2021 at 6:28 PM, rkacruiser said:

Or is it corporate inertia?  What has "worked" and been "accepted" in the past while our bookings are maintained, why change?

My opinion:  since Stein Kruse left HAL as its CEO/President, whatever his title was, HAL's successive leaders have left much to be desired.  His added responsibilities in Carnival Corporation left him less time to be concerned about HAL.  I am not even certain that Mr. Kruse is still an Executive of Carnival Corporation.  The 2020 CCL Annual Report seemed rather vague when I tried to determine the answer to that question.  

https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/people-opinions/stein-kruse-becomes-senior-advisor-carnival-corp-chair-and-ceo-jan-swartz-hal-group

Stein did a lot for Hal but he was over Ashford and oversaw Holland America Group until his new position. Within chain of command I’m pretty sure he was the final source to get approval from Carnival Cooperation for Holland America changes.

The man is a very successful business man with a Google check net worth of over 50 million dollars.

Just saying I believe Stein Kruse was very involved and one of the final OK’s in changes at Hal and in his new position as a Senior Advisor at Carnival  still is Senior Advisor To Holland America Group CEO Jan Swartz who is directly involved in final decisions from Gus Antorcha, President of Holland America.

IMO changes come from corporations not just individuals.

Enough said hope your doing well.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, aliaschief said:

IMO changes come from corporations not just individuals.

Enough said hope your doing well.

I am doing OK.  As a senior citizen cruiser once told me:  "The golden years are not all they are cracked up to be."  I am finding that as well at times.

Maybe you have heard this from senior ship management as well as I have.  Complaints about micro-managing have steadily increased during the 21st Century.  I wonder if the changes in the corporate organization of CCL with regard to HAL, Princess, and Seabourn encouraged such micro-managing?  

Thanks for the link to the Seatrade article.  I guess I can assume that Mr. Kruse is still aboard the Company.  

I am a bit jealous that Copper John and you will soon be cruising together.  😀    Finally meeting people with whom one has communicated on CC for a long time makes whatever cruise that much more special! 

Edited by rkacruiser