Another vaccine question

KJGOUGE

Travelling Dec. 11 on Elation with a 3 kids - 10, 14 and 15.  The two older ones will be vaccinated.  My question is about excursions with the 10 year old.  Is it any of the excursions booked through Carnival or just certain ones?  Will she have to wear a mask everywhere even on the ship?  I realize this is also assuming nothing changes for December protocols.

Welcome KJGouge!

Masks will be required in certain instances, certain areas.

I posted a thread that shows what the letter from Carnival we just received says about cruising with unvaccinated.  This in place through Otober right now, but I expect it may carry until the end of the year IMO

Edited by wemjam

Just now, KJGOUGE said:

What is the difference between a bubble tour and the regular ones?  I notice there are only two listed for Amber Cove and none for Grand Turk.

If any member of your group is unvaccinated your only choice for excursions is a "bubble tour/excursion".  With those you are required to stay with the tour group, can't go off on your own (duck into a store to grab a souvenir for instance), and will be required to wear masks in certain instances.   

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KJGOUGE said:

What is the difference between a bubble tour and the regular ones?  I notice there are only two listed for Amber Cove and none for Grand Turk.

Bubble tours maintain isolation from anyone outside the tour. Unvaccinated guests can only take bubble tours.

AFAIK, nothing has been announced about December, so you'll need to wait and see.  Probably around September, since they just announced about Sept/Oct cruises & tours?

It is possible by then there will be no protocols regarding unvaxxed guests, or there may be even tighter restrictions.

:shrug:

1 hour ago, KJGOUGE said:

Travelling Dec. 11 on Elation with a 3 kids - 10, 14 and 15.  The two older ones will be vaccinated.  My question is about excursions with the 10 year old.  Is it any of the excursions booked through Carnival or just certain ones?  Will she have to wear a mask everywhere even on the ship?  I realize this is also assuming nothing changes for December protocols.

Of course nothing is guaranteed, we all know this, but by December I would expect Pfizer to be approved for a 10 year old.  If you so choose...