Recommendations Wanted - Tuscan Grille

LadyBerard

Hi.  We're booked on the Constellation for 11/7!!!  Anyway, we reserved the Tuscan Grille Restaurant for the first evening.  We have never eaten there before.  What is everyone's favorite dish?  I'm looking for recommendations!  We both like just about everything.  The only thing I can think of that my husband doesn't  like is eggplant.

It's a steakhouse, so the steaks are my recommendation. It is an extensive menu for appetizers, salads, pastas, sides, mains other than steak, breads brought out before your meal, etc. You can order a steak for your entre and a side of one the the pasta mains to share if you like. I definitely recommend the pistachio/chocolate creme brule desert. Be sure to look at a menu before you go. 

The filet has been our go to at Tuscan.  The rib eye has been unsatisfactory the times we tried and our friends had the same experience with the rib eye.  I don’t care for their pasta dishes, so I stick to the filet, salad and dessert

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Hmm, I could have sworn the Tuscan Grille was an Italian restaurant that also serves steak 🙂 
My favorite dish is the Branzino. 

I agree. More importantly, so does Celebrity:

An Italian ristorante and enoteca with a contemporary twist.

Rustic elegance with a contemporary, minimalistic edge. Guests dining in Tuscan Grille will enjoy a lively, sophisticated atmosphere, serving iconic Italian dishes with a modern twist. Our fresh, original menu features handmade pasta, artisanal salumi, fish, butcher cut meats, and USDA Prime dry aged steaks. Our regional Italian wine menu features authentic Italian cocktails and beers.

32 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Hmm, I could have sworn the Tuscan Grille was an Italian restaurant that also serves steak 🙂 

Mine is the Branzino also.  

Edited by NMTraveller

Tuscan Grill is an Italian restaurant that also have fantastic steaks. 
I have eaten there a few times and have always been pleased !
Great appetizers, nice wines, you must have the Limoncello. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, daydreamer16 said:

The filet is awesome! Also, the view of the wake if you sit by the back window. I think this is only in Millennium class? 

No, it is also all the way aft on the S-Class ships as well. 

11 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Yep, Branzino is my favorite as well. Just hope the Covid situation has improved enough by January 2023, when we are booked on Solstice, Hong Kong to Singapore. 

I usually order a half order of pasta bolognes and a rib eye steak-  The steak is very flavorful albiet fatty sometimes.  The salads are also very good.  My DH enjoys regular pasta with marinara sauce.  The only bad dish I ever had was eggplant parmigiana  it was horrible.  

10 hours ago, daydreamer16 said:

The filet is awesome! Also, the view of the wake if you sit by the back window. I think this is only in Millennium class? 

Wake view is only on "S" class ships.    On "M" class ships it now occupies the space formally Ocean Liners which is just forward of the rear elevators with no aft view.

11 hours ago, daydreamer16 said:

The S class also has the aft windows....seating for 2 directly on the window, but wake can be seen from most of the aft tables. We time our dining (usually) at sail away;  not much view but yourselves in a mirror after dark.

Haven't sailed E class (yet), but I think it's been said the Tuscan isn't aft?

Edited by Oceangoer2

We love the Cannellini Fagioli soup...Only snag is it can be quite filling. If I order it I tend to (reluctantly) stop eating half way through to save some space for my steak.

We have found the quality of steaks in the Caribbean to be consistently better than those when cruising from the U.K. or Europe. Could be a simple coincidence...

Only poor meals we have ever had were the extra cost NY steak (tough) and the Gnocchi (tasteless). 

We always enjoy the antipasti, so nice to have something to nibble and a glass of wine before your main meal arrives...

38 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Agree...but...the meatballs are HUGE...so sharing is what we do.

it is my entree. I always like to eat apps for dinner with a salad. We both also avoid the bread on every cruise and only dessert once. However, I always like the biscotti with my coffee in the morning at Bacio.

When on a cruise, we try to exercise and eat just like at home. Keeps us thin and healthy.

14 hours ago, LadyBerard said:

Hi.  We're booked on the Constellation for 11/7!!!  Anyway, we reserved the Tuscan Grille Restaurant for the first evening.  We have never eaten there before.  What is everyone's favorite dish?  I'm looking for recommendations!  We both like just about everything.  The only thing I can think of that my husband doesn't  like is eggplant.

We have been disappointed with the latest revised menu.  If I had suggest  a 'go to' dish, it would be the filet mignon.  The lobster bisque is also very good.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, LadyBerard said:

Hello, @LadyBerard.

You have chosen the right place to go.  We cannot say enough good things about the Tuscan Grille.  We have tried more than 95% of the items on the menu, and we cannot think of a single one to advise you to avoid.  If you haven't seen the menu, please go to this page, scroll down half-way, and click on the downward-pointing arrows:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/eat-and-drink/restaurants-and-cafes/tuscan-grille

Please read our comments to other folks' posts, below ...

20 hours ago, cocobakerchica said:

I enjoyed the meatballs and the pork belly (appetizers), and the skirt steak was quite good too. 

Our favorite, @cocobakerchica, is the "Berkshire Pork Belly," which (if we recall correctly) is like a very thick slab of bacon -- out-of-this-world delicious.

8 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Wake view is only on "S" class ships.    ...

We can confirm, @wrk2cruise that there is a view of the wake, from tables in Tuscan Grille, only on Solstice-class ships (Solstice, Equinox, Silhouette, Reflection, Eclipse).

6 hours ago, TrulyBlonde said:

We both also avoid the bread on every cruise ...  When on a cruise, we try to exercise and eat just like at home. Keeps us thin and healthy.

You act wisely, @TrulyBlonde -- and for a wise reason [staying "thin and healthy"].  We join you in "avoid[ing] the bread," but for a less noble reason.  Bread (like carbonated beverages) is very filling.  If we have any of those things, we will lack enough stomach capacity for the more delicious foods (especially including dessert!).

• Thanks 1

Beef....baked potato...fresh vegs....did I recall onion soup? Been awhile

The salad is excellent too but huge...only eat half!

Best views in S Class but the restaurant  usually has excellent service and real brewed coffee.! 

• Like 1