We have reached a new low

bitob

46 minutes ago, mskatiemae said:

I don't have a WS Champ shirt for my team (MN Twins 1991) however I just put in an order for a couple of shirts from the "Bimini Shark Lab". You can also get yourself a shirt or cap from the BSL bonfire.com site online (just search).

I have Bimini Shark Lab shirt, too - one of my favorites!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Warrenf186 said:

And is it so horrible to wear tasteful shorts to breakfast before getting off the ship in hot, humid weather?  

I don't think anyone was complaining about shorts for breakfast. But half naked male bodies at breakfast are rather repulsive.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Warrenf186 said:

In a way, I’m sorry to be reading all of this.  My first cruise on Crystal is coming up in a month and I was looking forward to a relaxed and casual return to cruising.  Personally, I really don’t much care what others are wearing (as long as they’re wearing something) and if they’re attire is too offensive I may choose to not socialize with them.  But it certainly won’t ruin my cruise experience.  Don’t these complainers have anything else to do?  And is it so horrible to wear tasteful shorts to breakfast before getting off the ship in hot, humid weather?  Assuming that we find some islands that will let us dock.  Maybe we’ll end up going to Staten Island.

Back in the day we packed with more clothes than I care to remember.  Elegant gowns with shoes and purses to match, tux with all the goodies, outfits for daytime, night, morning, pool, beach, tours, etc.  dressing for the night in a tux and a gown for TW was enjoyable but times have changed.  And I don’t risk getting a hernia just from getting the luggage down the stairs.

let’s all relax, enjoy this cruise and don’t let the behavior of some passengers who look at things through different color lenses ruin your experience.  To be honest, I have been known to erar shorts to breakfast but still manage to eat my food with silverware instead of my fingers.

Now, be cool (literally), we're just fooling around a little here.  "Tasteful shorts" at breakfast (and lunch and tea...) are fine.  As are most other things.

But Patty has to leave her Astros t-shirts at home.

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Honestly wonder how old you people are!

your parents did not like the way you dressed either!

Relax and enjoy your cruise.

now this thread makes me think I need to get out my Hot Pants and my

Sexy Tops for dinner.some bra less dresses ..I will check my closet next week.

• Like 2

I think this thread is evidence that we are well on the way back to "normal," whatever that is.  🙃

On casual nights I often tend to be a little less casual than some.  I enjoy dressing for dinner, within reason.  But on BTO nights, I am thankful for the ambiguity as far as what that means for women, as well as the "optional" part.  I usually opt for the "sparkly top" option, and since I discovered Crystal I have enjoyed shopping for sparkly tops that I do not have much other occasion to wear. 

"Smart casual" is really my comfort zone, though, so I like the usual attire ambiance on Crystal.  I notice what others are wearing, and I like seeing them dressed nicely.  But if they are pushing the envelope for "casual" it will not diminish my enjoyment of the cruise.  It really does not matter that much to me what others are wearing.  Usually I just hope they will return that favor. 

• Like 5

On 7/21/2021 at 7:15 PM, bitob said:

we now have workout clothes at tea as well

Certain workout clothes are considered haute couture in many circles these days. Where I live, groups of ladies frequently meet at fine establishments during the day wearing workout attire. As my wife like to point out, you can tell that they aren’t planning on setting foot at a gym anytime soon, with their  impecable hair and makeup and matching accessories.  

For men, I do consider certain shorts to be appropriate at the main dining room during daytime hours as long as they are paired with buttoned/collared shirts and no flip flops or tennis shoes. Think of lunch at the local country club. 

2 hours ago, Tapi said:

For men, I do consider certain shorts to be appropriate at the main dining room during daytime hours as long as they are paired with buttoned/collared shirts and no flip flops or tennis shoes. Think of lunch at the local country club. 

Guess you’re going to be disappointed when you come across me then - shorts, polo or t shirt and flip flops are my daytime (pre 6pm) go to wardrobe. I’m on holiday on a cruise and not at a local country club

I just can’t get over how what others choose to wear that complies with an establishments dress code should be of any concern to others or cause them distress 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

Guess you’re going to be disappointed when you come across me then - shorts, polo or t shirt and flip flops are my daytime (pre 6pm) go to wardrobe. I’m on holiday on a cruise and not at a local country club

I just can’t get over how what others choose to wear that complies with an establishments dress code should be of any concern to others or cause them distress 

I won’t be disappointed at all. It doesn’t cause me distress what you wear. What I wrote before concerns what I personally choose to wear and what makes me feel good when I’m on a cruise. 

I’ve sailed on plenty of budget minded cruises. At this point in time, there’s absolutely nothing that anybody could wear that would be a source of concern to me (weeeeell, maybe except for that time I shared a table at the MDR with a guy sitting across from me, wearing a tank top who looked like he was smuggling a sweaty Chewbacca underneath each armpit. That wasn’t to nice to look at while eating). 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, KenzSailing said:

Now, be cool (literally), we're just fooling around a little here.  "Tasteful shorts" at breakfast (and lunch and tea...) are fine.  As are most other things.

But Patty has to leave her Astros t-shirts at home.

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Altuve!!!! 🤩

Patty

Edited by Texas Tillie
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, SusieQft said:

I think this thread is evidence that we are well on the way back to "normal," whatever that is.  🙃

On casual nights I often tend to be a little less casual than some.  I enjoy dressing for dinner, within reason.  But on BTO nights, I am thankful for the ambiguity as far as what that means for women, as well as the "optional" part.  I usually opt for the "sparkly top" option, and since I discovered Crystal I have enjoyed shopping for sparkly tops that I do not have much other occasion to wear. 

"Smart casual" is really my comfort zone, though, so I like the usual attire ambiance on Crystal.  I notice what others are wearing, and I like seeing them dressed nicely.  But if they are pushing the envelope for "casual" it will not diminish my enjoyment of the cruise.  It really does not matter that much to me what others are wearing.  Usually I just hope they will return that favor. 

Plus 1

Ivi

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Texas Tillie said:

Altuve!!!! 🤩

Patty

YES!!!  He's keeping me in 1st in my Fantasy league  🙂  

• Like 2

The thing that I found a new low was a group of friends on the July 10 who thought it appropriate to have their own (waterproof) speakers at the pool and decided that blasting their music for all those nearby to hear was ok.  Security finally had to intervene and they argued with security about being allowed to play their music.  Never witnessed that on Crystal before.  

There were a lot of people ignoring the dress code on this cruise also. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, cruisr said:

The thing that I found a new low was a group of friends on the July 10 who thought it appropriate to have their own (waterproof) speakers at the pool and decided that blasting their music for all those nearby to hear was ok.  Security finally had to intervene and they argued with security about being allowed to play their music.  Never witnessed that on Crystal before.  

Unreal!!

Otherwise….how was your cruise??

Nancy

• Like 1

FYI, I’ve seen people use their own music box at the pool.  It wasn’t blasting but honestly, I prefer quiet at the pool unless it’s the Crystal Quartet playing their fun music for an hour.  If you go on other budget cruise lines they constantly have “noise” at the pool.  IMO, that is what wireless earbuds are for, enjoy your own music while respecting others.

• Like 10

5 hours ago, cruisr said:

May I ask what day and what time?

just curious as I was playing paddle tennis about six hours a day but if it was after 2:30. PM I wouldn’t have heard it.

The Cruises we’re wonderful.

Keith

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Warrenf186 said:

In a way, I’m sorry to be reading all of this.  My first cruise on Crystal is coming up in a month and I was looking forward to a relaxed and casual return to cruising.  Personally, I really don’t much care what others are wearing (as long as they’re wearing something) and if they’re attire is too offensive I may choose to not socialize with them.  But it certainly won’t ruin my cruise experience.  Don’t these complainers have anything else to do?  And is it so horrible to wear tasteful shorts to breakfast before getting off the ship in hot, humid weather?  Assuming that we find some islands that will let us dock.  Maybe we’ll end up going to Staten Island.

Back in the day we packed with more clothes than I care to remember.  Elegant gowns with shoes and purses to match, tux with all the goodies, outfits for daytime, night, morning, pool, beach, tours, etc.  dressing for the night in a tux and a gown for TW was enjoyable but times have changed.  And I don’t risk getting a hernia just from getting the luggage down the stairs.

let’s all relax, enjoy this cruise and don’t let the behavior of some passengers who look at things through different color lenses ruin your experience.  To be honest, I have been known to erar shorts to breakfast but still manage to eat my food with silverware instead of my fingers.

We're also getting ready for our first Crystal cruise and am glad someone like you might be on board. We are so happy at the thought of returning to the sea. We also "schlepped" formal gowns,  tuxes, and the rest for too long so decided several years ago that nice clean clothes were what we were taking and left the rest at home. Liberating! Our very first cruise was Windjammer many years ago and after we left port most of the women were topless and remained that way for a week.  From that to black tie only on the QMII crossings, we've seen it all. Happy Sailing! 

Edited by sb44
typo
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

Terry, I've never seen you inappropriately dressed.😉

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Roel94 said:

Honestly wonder how old you people are!

your parents did not like the way you dressed either!

Relax and enjoy your cruise.

now this thread makes me think I need to get out my Hot Pants and my

Sexy Tops for dinner.some bra less dresses ..I will check my closet next week.

Old as dirt. We were dressed in knickers and corsets and we had school uniforms - jumpers with shirts and the school emblem, no jeans. Jeans were only allowed on hayrides and Saturdays.🤪

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Keith1010 said:

May I ask what day and what time?

just curious as I was playing paddle tennis about six hours a day but if it was after 2:30. PM I wouldn’t have heard it.

The Cruises we’re wonderful.

Keith

i looked for you everyday at paddle tennis and never found you.  I was at the pool area after 4:30 pm and witnessed it one day and the next day security appeared.  Thank goodness. 

On 7/22/2021 at 8:33 PM, gwesq said:

OK - so you'll see me in my Phillies 1980 WS Champs shirt  (I don't have one from 2008). Alternatively, most of my T-shirts are related to the Ocean - Octopus, Sharks, Seahorses  - all purchased to help support our Aquarium ...and  more appropriate for being at Sea.  🙂   

Actually anytime he tries and packs his 1980's WS champs shirt, I remove it from the luggage as it's not fit to wear anymore. Heck it's barely fit to wear around the house! I make sure he has some standards. 😉

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AtA said:

Heck it's barely fit to wear around the house! I make sure he has some standards. 😉

My husband wore a shirt like that at home today.  We went to our Bistro night at our association clubhouse. I made him change to a polo shirt and he complied.  Get to the restaurant and we were the only diners there as everyone was home watching the Olympics.  Better to make the wife happy than wear one of THOSE Shirts.  (Go Dodgers! #itfdb)