Jump to content

Visible Proof of Vaccinated vs Unvaccinated


Recommended Posts

There has been a lot of speculation on how the crew will be able to tell the difference between vaccinated guests and unvaccinated guests. For those who have cruised this month, what did they decide?

 

Is there visible proof you are vaccinated (like an arm bad)? Is it a punch on your card? Is it nothing at all since it will most likely only be kids?

 

TIA!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have not seen reports of any visible notation.  Since Carnival is sailing with the only 5% of unvaccinated, and the exemptions seem to be going pretty much to kids under 12 it pretty much is self explanatory to staff.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, pnwredhead said:

There has been a lot of speculation on how the crew will be able to tell the difference between vaccinated guests and unvaccinated guests. For those who have cruised this month, what did they decide?

 

Is there visible proof you are vaccinated (like an arm bad)? Is it a punch on your card? Is it nothing at all since it will most likely only be kids?

 

TIA!

 Maybe it's on some other boards. I havent seen any speculation. These are vaccinated cruises. As above noted most unvaccinated are under age 12. Kinda easy to spot kids.

 

The hole punch noted above makes sense. Rather than wearing something visible. So the staff knows.

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Noami said:

Apparently they put a punch in the corner of the Sail and Sign card of unvaccinated passengers.

They have started putting punch hole in the corner of the sail and sign card for awhile now, so you may use a lanyard. There are holes in our last 4 cards. 

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, DANCING GRANDMOMMY said:

They have started putting punch hole in the corner of the sail and sign card for awhile now, so you may use a lanyard. There are holes in our last 4 cards. 

 
Yes. This would be a second punch in a different corner.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DANCING GRANDMOMMY said:

They have started putting punch hole in the corner of the sail and sign card for awhile now, so you may use a lanyard. here are holes in our last 4 cards. 

Ditto, they have done this for a few years now.  Used to have to specifically go down and ask Guest Services to do it so you could use your lanyard and then they got smart and just started doing it on all of them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Noami said:

Apparently they put a punch in the corner of the Sail and Sign card of unvaccinated passengers.

Hum, didn't hear that one!  Interesting!  Still that is not really visible because most times you don't even show your card to anyone.  Unless you are buying something or getting on or off the ship.  So doesn't seem like that would be a really good way to identify people.

 

May I ask where you saw that posted by chance.  I am now wondering if that means that you have to show your card to enter the different areas I read were off limits to unvaccinated guests unless they were wearing masks.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unfortunately, I don’t remember except that it was in a test cruise participant’s report. I’ve read several — it’s possible that it was an RCL cruiser.

 

Princess should be an interesting case, since they use the medallions. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wrist-bands are visible to everyone -and hard to hide.


Those who are vaccd.

get cool, green wrist-bands to be worn with pride

for the duration of the cruise, to maintain one's visible status.

 

Others do not, they get nothing.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Aplmac said:

Wrist-bands are visible to everyone -and hard to hide.


Those who are vaccd.

get cool, green wrist-bands to be worn with pride

for the duration of the cruise, to maintain one's visible status.

 

Others do not, they get nothing.

Ooooo, so this is what Carnival is doing?  We will be given green wrist bands?  Is that what you are saying?  Again, hadn't seen that either.  

 

Kind backwards with 5% being the minority.  I would think it would have been easier to have them wear wrists bands then the other 95%

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, DANCING GRANDMOMMY said:

They have started putting punch hole in the corner of the sail and sign card for awhile now, so you may use a lanyard. There are holes in our last 4 cards. 

The blanks they use are prepunched. Everybody gets a hole 

 

Carnival is also using facial recognition software more.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, wemjam said:

Ooooo, so this is what Carnival is doing?  We will be given green wrist bands?  Is that what you are saying?  Again, hadn't seen that either.  

 

Kind backwards with 5% being the minority.  I would think it would have been easier to have them wear wrists bands then the other 95%

 

Just a suggestion - not an observation!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, wemjam said:

Ooooo, so this is what Carnival is doing?  We will be given green wrist bands?  Is that what you are saying?  Again, hadn't seen that either.  

 

Kind backwards with 5% being the minority.  I would think it would have been easier to have them wear wrists bands then the other 95%


But unvaccinated cruisers could then easily cut their wristbands off. It would be much harder for them to get their hands on one if they don’t qualify for one.

 

(Edited: don’t want to contribute to the usage of “unvaccinated” as a collective noun.)

Edited by Noami
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Noami said:

Apparently they put a punch in the corner of the Sail and Sign card of unvaccinated passengers.

I read that they did the hole punch for unvaccinated on Royal Caribbean ships, have not read anything about hole punch on Carnival. Royal also has wrist bands for vaccinated passengers.  (source Royal Caribbean Blog)

 

Edited by Bevv
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, wemjam said:

Kind backwards with 5% being the minority.  I would think it would have been easier to have them wear wrists bands then the other 95%

As mentioned, don't give the unvaccinated something they can remove to appear vaccinated. Thats why you give those who are something to wear (if need be) that the unvaxxed can not get. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Noami said:

Apparently they put a punch in the corner of the Sail and Sign card of unvaccinated passengers.

That might not work because some people get a hole punched in their S&S so they can hang it on a lanyard

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, sailingships said:

That might not work because some people get a hole punched in their S&S so they can hang it on a lanyard

Yes it would. The blank S&S cards come now with holes punched in it. This would be an additional hole punched to designate a vaxxed person. :classic_wink:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Joe817 said:

Yes it would. The blank S&S cards come now with holes punched in it. This would be an additional hole punched to designate a vaxxed person. :classic_wink:

Gee the things I could say.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

Yes it would. The blank S&S cards come now with holes punched in it. This would be an additional hole punched to designate a vaxxed person. :classic_wink:

What would deter someone from punching a hole in their card? 

Edited by Daddymikey1975
Typo
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The wrist bands on Royal Caribbean was only for one ship as a trial. Vaxed got them. RC has also made areas that will not allow social distancing, as vaccinated only. Your card is marked as Vaccinated or non vaccinated. You scan your card to get into certain areas. Most of the shows, the casino and most of the lounges are vaxed only. Masks are required inside for everyone in promenade areas and crowded corridor areas. Unvaccinated individuals are not able to take advantage of anytime dining, and there is a separate area in the dining room for them. Outdoor areas are maskless and unrestricted. They will have some shows for both, so you make the decision if you want to mingle with unvaccinated individuals. You are required to wear a mask at those shows. These are the printed guidelines we were given for our upcoming cruise.

 

An interesting note is that someone from the casino contacted us as wear traveling with a casino rate to confirm that we were vaccinated to play in casino. If you are under a casino rate, and unvaxed, you were offered FCC if you wanted to cancel

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, wannagonow123 said:

An interesting note is that someone from the casino contacted us as wear traveling with a casino rate to confirm that we were vaccinated to play in casino. If you are under a casino rate, and unvaxed, you were offered FCC if you wanted to cancel

I thought you could play in the casino if you weren't vaccinated as long as you wore a mask? The Carnival website lists a few examples of indoor places where a mask is required for those unvaccinated. Can you confirm please?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...