Jump to content

Visible Proof of Vaccinated vs Unvaccinated


Recommended Posts

Just now, K_e_short said:

I thought you could play in the casino if you weren't vaccinated as long as you wore a mask? The Carnival website lists a few examples of indoor places where a mask is required for those unvaccinated. Can you confirm please?

Poster was giving Royal's rules, not Carnival.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Aplmac said:

Wrist-bands are visible to everyone -and hard to hide.


Those who are vaccd.

get cool, green wrist-bands to be worn with pride

for the duration of the cruise, to maintain one's visible status.

 

Others do not, they get nothing.

 

A cool red, white and blue carnival branded lanyard would be better. I don't like wrist bands. Even having a bright ring green florescent ring around the sign and sail would be better. Most folks wear a lanyard anyway.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Aplmac said:

Wrist-bands are visible to everyone -and hard to hide.


Those who are vaccd.

get cool, green wrist-bands to be worn with pride

for the duration of the cruise, to maintain one's visible status.

 

Others do not, they get nothing.

If this was the differentiation wouldn't it be more cost effective to give the wrist bands to the unvaccinated? Then they only need 5%.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, DANCING GRANDMOMMY said:

If this was the differentiation wouldn't it be more cost effective to give the wrist bands to the unvaccinated? Then they only need 5%.

Coffee shops figured this out a long time ago. If you sell someone a 10 coffee punchcard, you don't worry about someone punching holes in it because the customer who does that is losing paid-for cups of coffee. You can use the cheapest generic hole punch you can buy. OTOH, if you're giving out cards where people get a free coffee after buying 10 coffees, you make darn sure that whatever mark you make (special hole punch, stamp) is not something easily forged by your customers. 

 

Similarly, if being vaccinated gets you better privileges on board, giving wristbands to the unvaccinated folks makes it pretty likely that some will choose to cut/lose/forget the wristband so that they can enjoy the spaces they're not supposed to enjoy. If you instead give the bands to the vaccinated folks, they have an incentive to not lose or cut them off because they then could not use those spaces.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, arabrab said:

Coffee shops figured this out a long time ago. If you sell someone a 10 coffee punchcard, you don't worry about someone punching holes in it because the customer who does that is losing paid-for cups of coffee. You can use the cheapest generic hole punch you can buy. OTOH, if you're giving out cards where people get a free coffee after buying 10 coffees, you make darn sure that whatever mark you make (special hole punch, stamp) is not something easily forged by your customers. 

 

Similarly, if being vaccinated gets you better privileges on board, giving wristbands to the unvaccinated folks makes it pretty likely that some will choose to cut/lose/forget the wristband so that they can enjoy the spaces they're not supposed to enjoy. If you instead give the bands to the vaccinated folks, they have an incentive to not lose or cut them off because they then could not use those spaces.

 

I am a lifeguard and swimming instructor.

 

We do this with the wrist bands we give for those allowed to go in the deep end and the slide.

 

We give a green bracelet (green means go) to indicate those allowed in that part of the pool.

 

We've been doing this for years and years and this exact conversation came up. We chose to do this because it really is life and death in regards to swimming.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, K_e_short said:

I thought you could play in the casino if you weren't vaccinated as long as you wore a mask? The Carnival website lists a few examples of indoor places where a mask is required for those unvaccinated. Can you confirm please?

Straight from my letter from Carnival I received:

 

  • Masks will be required for unvaccinated guests in enclosed areas of the ship such as the piano bar, arcade, spa, salon, casino and Fun Shops.
  • In the event unvaccinated guests are in close contact with or exposed to any guest or crew
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, wemjam said:

Straight from my letter from Carnival I received:

 

  • Masks will be required for unvaccinated guests in enclosed areas of the ship such as the piano bar, arcade, spa, salon, casino and Fun Shops.
  • In the event unvaccinated guests are in close contact with or exposed to any guest or crew

 Thats what I read as well.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, wemjam said:

Straight from my letter from Carnival I received:

 

  • Masks will be required for unvaccinated guests in enclosed areas of the ship such as the piano bar, arcade, spa, salon, casino and Fun Shops.
  • In the event unvaccinated guests are in close contact with or exposed to any guest or crew

The real question though is how will these people (other than children) be identified.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Noami said:

 
Yes. This would be a second punch in a different corner.

Pretty soon card will be full of holes lol

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, wemjam said:

Ooooo, so this is what Carnival is doing?  We will be given green wrist bands?  Is that what you are saying?  Again, hadn't seen that either.  

 

Kind backwards with 5% being the minority.  I would think it would have been easier to have them wear wrists bands then the other 95%

 

Easier and logical perhaps.  But if it was "tag the unvaccinated", what is to prevent them from simply cutting them off?   🤪

Edited by mpk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, ontheweb said:

The real question though is how will these people (other than children) be identified.

 

The better question is, why do they need to be identified? There isn't many of them, most are below 12 years old and all have been tested for covid. I'm not sure why people even want to know? 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, ontheweb said:

The real question though is how will these people (other than children) be identified.

 

Virtually NO guests wearing masks on Horizon in any situation, crowded or not. On the tenders (where we were told masks are required), it was about 60%. Nobody asks or enforces anything.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As mentioned before this is pretty much a mute point on Carnival. Not sure for all the speculation and a solution to something that is not a problem.  Like said,  if you see a child they are not vaccinated.  The amount of un vaccinated adults is going to be very very low to the point it will be doubtful you will even run into them. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, cruisingguy007 said:

 

The better question is, why do they need to be identified? There isn't many of them, most are below 12 years old and all have been tested for covid. I'm not sure why people even want to know? 

Couldn't agree more.  Well said. Honestly if your are really concerned that you will contradict Covid at this point cruising or traveling at all for that matter probably isn't the best choice. 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, charliesdad63 said:

 

Virtually NO guests wearing masks on Horizon in any situation, crowded or not. On the tenders (where we were told masks are required), it was about 60%. Nobody asks or enforces anything.

Thanks for that. When some of us posted will Carnival enforce their new rules based on how poorly other rules in the past were enforced, the answer some gave on these boards was of course they will strictly follow these new rules as they are different than say hogging lounges. Well now we see based on their early performance that this really is a concern.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, cruisingguy007 said:

 

The better question is, why do they need to be identified? There isn't many of them, most are below 12 years old and all have been tested for covid. I'm not sure why people even want to know? 

Yes, we can identify the children. But, there seem to be rules for the unvaccinated, and if there are some who are not children we should know if Carnival is following their protocols or not when it comes to the differing rules for vaccinated versus unvaccinated.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You can identify the vaccinated from the unvaccinated .  Unvaccinated are the ones sneezing and coughing in your face as they hover 2 feet from you 24/7.  🤢🤡Vaccinated people just avoid you if you wear a mask.😁

 

Note the emoticons before slamming.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

and if there are some who are not children we should know

Yes good point but i find it highly unlikely there would be any Adults who are unvaccinated given exemptions.  Just from what i see on Carnivals website, comments from these boards and the approach to recieving an exemption they are taking priority for exemptions would go to children under 12 of Vaccinated Adults which i think would be more than enough to fill that 5% segment. Nonetheless just because everyone is unmasked im not going to be joining in any hugfests and still being alert to my surroundings while on my cruise.  Not going to bubble myself but i think you can still use some common sense (dont flame)  while being around crowds or other people.  Use of hand sanitizer is a good starting point.  It doesnt need to devolve to a free for all just because your on a 95% vaccinated cruise but it also doesnt mean you still cant have fun. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, kdr69 said:

Yes good point but i find it highly unlikely there would be any Adults who are unvaccinated given exemptions.  Just from what i see on Carnivals website, comments from these boards and the approach to recieving an exemption they are taking priority for exemptions would go to children under 12 of Vaccinated Adults which i think would be more than enough to fill that 5% segment. Nonetheless just because everyone is unmasked im not going to be joining in any hugfests and still being alert to my surroundings while on my cruise.  Not going to bubble myself but i think you can still use some common sense (dont flame)  while being around crowds or other people.  Use of hand sanitizer is a good starting point.  It doesnt need to devolve to a free for all just because your on a 95% vaccinated cruise but it also doesnt mean you still cant have fun. 

 

Exactly!!!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

While I'm sure the majority have been children, there are several CC members who have posted during their recent cruises that they had knowledge of several adults who received exemptions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/21/2021 at 7:49 PM, wemjam said:

Ooooo, so this is what Carnival is doing?  We will be given green wrist bands?  Is that what you are saying?  Again, hadn't seen that either.  

 

Kind backwards with 5% being the minority.  I would think it would have been easier to have them wear wrists bands then the other 95%

Don't you think the un-vaxxed would remove their wrist bands so they can appear to be vaccinated? I would expect that to happen, actually.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/21/2021 at 10:13 PM, K_e_short said:

I thought you could play in the casino if you weren't vaccinated as long as you wore a mask? The Carnival website lists a few examples of indoor places where a mask is required for those unvaccinated. Can you confirm please?

Casino is off limits to un-vaxxed on Royal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/21/2021 at 10:24 PM, cruisingguy007 said:

 

A cool red, white and blue carnival branded lanyard would be better. I don't like wrist bands. Even having a bright ring green florescent ring around the sign and sail would be better. Most folks wear a lanyard anyway.   

I have never worn a lanyard and don't plan on wearing one going forward. I don't like wearing a wrist band either but that is something I have no control over as I am vaxxed and wish to traverse the ship as a vaxxed person.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: Virgin Voyages. It's Go Time
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...