Jump to content

What are some of the fun things to do on an Edge cruise?


Recommended Posts

We're getting ready to go on our B2B2B on the Edge in a SS starting Aug 7th. We're in our late 60s and are pumped to be able to go on our first cruise since March 2020 on the Equinox. We're also loaded up with OBC on our 2nd and 3rd legs thanks to the current 10% discount promotion for Captains Club members and have booked a variety of excursions and special dining restaurants with it.

 

But since this will be our first cruise on the Edge, we'd love to hear what fun things there are to do in the evenings and on sea days. I will tell you we are not gamblers but enjoy going to evening shows, attending interactive game shows and playing trivia. But most of all we just enjoy having fun! So for those that have cruised on the Edge, what are some of the fun things to do?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We're getting ready to go on our B2B2B on the Edge in a SS starting Aug 7th. We're in our late 60s and are pumped to be able to go on our first cruise since March 2020 on the Equinox. We're also loaded up with OBC on our 2nd and 3rd legs thanks to the current 10% discount promotion for Captains Club members and have booked a variety of excursions and special dining restaurants with it.

 

But since this will be our first cruise on the Edge, we'd love to hear what fun things there are to do in the evenings and on sea days. I will tell you we are not gamblers but enjoy going to evening shows, attending interactive game shows and playing trivia. But most of all we just enjoy having fun! So for those that have cruised on the Edge, what are some of the fun things to do?

Looking at the activities on the app today & u will be fine—game shows & trivia daily (often many times), theatre shows offered 2-3x/nt.

(we love all that too!

Silent discos r a must do-or see! Just as fun to watch as participate. Nocturnal (white) party one night on deck.

DH is looking forward to the progressive gold competition (NO golf course, so lots more interesting!)

Cocktaiks/muck tails while listing to music in various bars, or watching the ocean.

Movies. Wander & check out the art.

We never seem to lack for things to do.

(we r mid-late 50s, 14 cruises under our belt, 4 on Celebrity. SUPER excited to do the Edge Saturday!!

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can’t remember the name of it, but there is a Cirque de Solei type show at the Club on deck 4/5 that allows you to see the performers up close and personal.  Get there early for front row seats on deck 4.  We loved it!

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pretty much the same things as on other Celebrity ships.  If you are into art there are some great pieces to see.  The jogging/walking track is much better with some elevation and not as boring as most.  Watch a. Ovid or concert at tge Rooftop Garden.  Bring $$$$ if you plan to shop, all high end shops.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 1025cruise said:

Just note that your B2B2B might become a B2B. I believe Celebrity is limiting cruisers to just 14 days.

I remember when @cruise wizardposted that scare he had when HQ almost forced them off after their second leg (post #1), then they later rescinded that decision - post #9. Hopefully, that B3B issue won't rear its ugly head again. 😎

 

WARNING...........if you have a B2B2B booked..........new Celebrity "restrictions"........... - Celebrity Cruises - Cruise Critic Community

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is there a partial promenade of any sort, say on deck 5, where folks could walk back and forth in the shade rather than walking in the full sun up on what appears to be a jogging track on decks 15-16 (by looks of the Edge deck plan I'm referencing)?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Eden bar/cafe area on the aft of the ship has a great angled walkway that wraps around and above the bar area and crosses the full windowed stern and up to a neat area. We found seating along that where we could relax, play cards, meet friends and just enjoy. Loved it. 

 

we did a B2B and didn’t have enough time to explore the ship. My favorite pastime was to open the next day Daily, plan out all we were going to do…..then find ourselves just meeting new people, neat places to relax and missed have the stuff I had planned! 

 

The Grand Plaza and Martini Bar area is fantastic. Good bands or piano player there. Great place for drinks. Since you are Sky Suite and will dine at Luminae, you won’t join in trying the 4 different MDRs which we jumped from one to another, but I understand the Retreat with the Luminae is an experience in itself. 

 

Enjoy it all. 

 

Den

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, SueMo said:

I can’t remember the name of it, but there is a Cirque de Solei type show at the Club on deck 4/5 that allows you to see the performers up close and personal.  Get there early for front row seats on deck 4.  We loved it!

For some reason a while ago we had heard (probably incorrectly) the Cirque de Solei was in the Eden. But that is definitely good to know that we should be looking for it in The Club. Thanks!!😎

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, KKB said:

 

Silent discos r a must do-or see! Just as fun to watch as participate

I would recommend not participating in the silent disco.  Just an opinion but with Delta running around these days, unsure if it is the best idea to be face to face with many strangers on the dance floor during this event.  Now, viewing it I agree can be fun.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

The Eden bar/cafe area on the aft of the ship has a great angled walkway that wraps around and above the bar area and crosses the full windowed stern and up to a neat area. We found seating along that where we could relax, play cards, meet friends and just enjoy. Loved it. 

 

we did a B2B and didn’t have enough time to explore the ship. My favorite pastime was to open the next day Daily, plan out all we were going to do…..then find ourselves just meeting new people, neat places to relax and missed have the stuff I had planned! 

 

The Grand Plaza and Martini Bar area is fantastic. Good bands or piano player there. Great place for drinks. Since you are Sky Suite and will dine at Luminae, you won’t join in trying the 4 different MDRs which we jumped from one to another, but I understand the Retreat with the Luminae is an experience in itself. 

 

Enjoy it all. 

 

Den

Ah, the best laid plans .... We've been down that road many times when we're on a cruise. As far as the 4 MDRs go, we're also booked on the 9 day Nov 4th Apex cruise in a SV, and we are definitely looking forward to bouncing between MDRs on that cruise as well as booking a few specialty restaurants to fill in the gaps! 😎

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Lane412000 said:

I would recommend not participating in the silent disco.  Just an opinion but with Delta running around these days, unsure if it is the best idea to be face to face with many strangers on the dance floor during this event.  Now, viewing it I agree can be fun.

Our Silent Disco days have long since past, but you make a very good point. You're also right that it is a lot of fun watching other people have a lot of fun, especially from a deck or 2 up!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Ah, the best laid plans .... We've been down that road many times when we're on a cruise. As far as the 4 MDRs go, we're also booked on the 9 day Nov 4th Apex cruise in a SV, and we are definitely looking forward to bouncing between MDRs on that cruise as well as booking a few specialty restaurants to fill in the gaps! 😎

We did a few of the specialty restaurants. the Steakhouse was OK, the steak was fine, but nothing that I thought good enough for this. But I’m afraid Steak isn’t my top pick anyway. Had fun with the Eden Restaurant - unique for one go. I’m afraid I found the MDR’s to be at such a fine level, I wasn’t that excited about the specialty ones, except the special environments they presented. 

 

there are more than a few full length movies which can be fun, and as does Celebrity on all their ships, it had a great line of speakers….very entertaining. 

 

den

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

We did a few of the specialty restaurants. the Steakhouse was OK, the steak was fine, but nothing that I thought good enough for this. But I’m afraid Steak isn’t my top pick anyway. Had fun with the Eden Restaurant - unique for one go. I’m afraid I found the MDR’s to be at such a fine level, I wasn’t that excited about the specialty ones, except the special environments they presented. 

 

there are more than a few full length movies which can be fun, and as does Celebrity on all their ships, it had a great line of speakers….very entertaining. 

 

den

Thanks Den! We have a bunch of OBC left over on our second leg, so we're planning to splurge at Raw on 5 as we do like seafood. Also, is there a separate room where they show movies, and do they by chance show them on port days?

 

Edited by Ken the cruiser
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Thanks Den! We have a bunch of OBC left over on our second leg, so we're planning to splurge at Raw on 5 as we do like seafood. Also, is there a separate room where they show movies, and do they by chance show them on port days?

 

I dont remember movies during inport days, but my wife just said she thought there was, so……. Our B2B was E then W Caribbeans, and we didn’t go or spend much time in a number of ports. So much to do on board! 

 

Ken, I didn’t see if you were on the thread that discussed OBC and one poster said they could use their OBC to give specific staff extra tips. You fill out a form with their name and its added to their paycheck. 

 

We had ‘challenges’ in a number of the specialty stores. Most were Very high end and we didn’t use them much except a very fun purse. 

 

Den 

Edited by Denny01
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

You have 3 cruises so I would hope that you discover a lot of fun things to do.   As another posted it isn’t really much different that any other cruise.  Walk around looking at the ship and read the dailies for the activities and choose what you want or like.   Miss something you can do it on the next cruise.  
 

My fun may not be yours.  If I told you a fun thing is to spend 16 hours  on a treadmill everyday would you do it?   Just being sarcastic.   When we were newbies to cruising we chased after others favorite or must things to  do and it didn’t take long to stop doing that as most  were a waste of our time.    We would do it and then wonder what did we miss as it wasn’t really anything special. 

 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Since you are in a suite, I recommend tea in the Retreat. It's not necessarily "fun", but the little scones with clotted cream and jam are heavenly:).

 

The most fun for us was meeting and hanging out with people who were also enjoying a fabulous vacation.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

I dont remember movies during inport days, but my wife just said she thought there was, so……. Our B2B was E then W Caribbeans, and we didn’t go or spend much time in a number of ports. So much to do on board! 

 

Ken, I didn’t see if you were on the thread that discussed OBC and one poster said they could use their OBC to give specific staff extra tips. You fill out a form with their name and its added to their paycheck. 

 

We had ‘challenges’ in a number of the specialty stores. Most were Very high end and we didn’t use them much except a very fun purse. 

 

Den 

Thanks! We learned awhile back about the tips form and have already budgeted a good portion of our extra OBC for extra tips to shell out at the end of the cruise. 

 

Also that is great news to hear there are plenty of things to do on the ship while in port. From past experiences that's not always been the case. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, miched said:

You have 3 cruises so I would hope that you discover a lot of fun things to do.   As another posted it isn’t really much different that any other cruise.  Walk around looking at the ship and read the dailies for the activities and choose what you want or like.   Miss something you can do it on the next cruise.  
 

My fun may not be yours.  If I told you a fun thing is to spend 16 hours  on a treadmill everyday would you do it?   Just being sarcastic.   When we were newbies to cruising we chased after others favorite or must things to  do and it didn’t take long to stop doing that as most  were a waste of our time.    We would do it and then wonder what did we miss as it wasn’t really anything special. 

 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I understand completely what you are saying. But we still have over 2 weeks until we can finally board the Edge to once again create our own cruising memories, and just hearing about some of the adventures that might await us onboard is helping us keep the dream alive! 😎 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Thanks! We learned awhile back about the tips form and have already budgeted a good portion of our extra OBC for extra tips to shell out at the end of the cruise. 

 

Also that is great news to hear there are plenty of things to do on the ship while in port. From past experiences that's not always been the case. 

 

13 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I remember when @cruise wizardposted that scare he had when HQ almost forced them off after their second leg (post #1), then they later rescinded that decision - post #9. Hopefully, that B3B issue won't rear its ugly head again. 😎

 

WARNING...........if you have a B2B2B booked..........new Celebrity "restrictions"........... - Celebrity Cruises - Cruise Critic Community

 

I just wanted to double-check Celebrity's current policy on B2B's and I happily found this on the FAQ page.

 

Are consecutive/back-to-back cruises still an option for guests? 

We can accommodate vaccinated guests on as many consecutive/back-to-back cruises as they wish. Guests who purchase back-to-back cruises must be fully vaccinated and are required to take a complimentary Covid-19 test producing negative results between each sailing.    

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Lane412000 said:

I would recommend not participating in the silent disco.  Just an opinion but with Delta running around these days, unsure if it is the best idea to be face to face with many strangers on the dance floor during this event.  Now, viewing it I agree can be fun.

Good point--might be a good time to put on a mask for an hour!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, SueMo said:

I can’t remember the name of it, but there is a Cirque de Solei type show at the Club on deck 4/5 that allows you to see the performers up close and personal.  Get there early for front row seats on deck 4.  We loved it!

This is Eden but the Cirque-type show isn't currently playing

 

13 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Is there a partial promenade of any sort, say on deck 5, where folks could walk back and forth in the shade rather than walking in the full sun up on what appears to be a jogging track on decks 15-16 (by looks of the Edge deck plan I'm referencing)?

I believe I have heard outside of Eden there is a lovely outdoor area on Deck 5.

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, miched said:

You have 3 cruises so I would hope that you discover a lot of fun things to do.   As another posted it isn’t really much different that any other cruise.  Walk around looking at the ship and read the dailies for the activities and choose what you want or like.   Miss something you can do it on the next cruise.  
 

My fun may not be yours.  If I told you a fun thing is to spend 16 hours  on a treadmill everyday would you do it?   Just being sarcastic.   When we were newbies to cruising we chased after others favorite or must things to  do and it didn’t take long to stop doing that as most  were a waste of our time.    We would do it and then wonder what did we miss as it wasn’t really anything special. 

 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

This is why I LOVE cruising--you can do EVERYTHING...or NOTHING.

Perhaps today we will do EVERYTHING...and tomorrow, laze around & just enjoy the sea...

There is nearly always something for everyone...tho your cruise line may vary...😂

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...