Do travel agents accept gift cards for celebrity cruises? are they frown upon?

jameslee

I got some celebrity cruises gift card that my employer gave me last year for Christmas, I want to use it for celebrity cruises but do agents take it? And are there restrictions? I want to pay for a cruise and pay part of it with a gift card

Yes you can. Not frowned upon at all. The Travel Agents process payments directly through Celebrity Cruises through the Celebrity Cruises travel agent site. It’s similar to the customer facing website, but one just for TAs. 

i was looking at the terms for celebrity cruise gift card and it says

Terms and Conditions Card is valid only for Celebrity Cruise sailings and can ONLY be used for new bookings, not to be used to settle any ship board charges. Can redeem up to $500 in gift cards per person/per sailing, $1,000 total per stateroom. Can only be redeemed by US/Canadian residents calling (888) 837-5676.

Are these different type of celebrity cruise gift cards or are they all the same?

19 minutes ago, jameslee said:

i was looking at the terms for celebrity cruise gift card and it says

Terms and Conditions Card is valid only for Celebrity Cruise sailings and can ONLY be used for new bookings, not to be used to settle any ship board charges. Can redeem up to $500 in gift cards per person/per sailing, $1,000 total per stateroom. Can only be redeemed by US/Canadian residents calling (888) 837-5676.

Are these different type of celebrity cruise gift cards or are they all the same?

Not sure, but you could call that number and ask them if you’re allowed to use one when booking with a TA. I still you probably can, but the TA may need to call Celebrity to have them manually apply it.