Jump to content

7 night dining packages- Reflection


 Share

Recommended Posts

I was looking at my cruise planner for my December cruise. It’s a 7 night Caribbean cruise. I noticed that a 7 night speciality dining package is not listed on our cruise planner. The max is 6 night. Is this a mistake or are they not offering it anymore? If not could I purchase a one night discount for the first night then the 6 night for the remaining nights? Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Taclin01 said:

I was looking at my cruise planner for my December cruise. It’s a 7 night Caribbean cruise. I noticed that a 7 night speciality dining package is not listed on our cruise planner. The max is 6 night. Is this a mistake or are they not offering it anymore? ...

 

17 hours ago, jelayne said:

There is no 7 night package for our 7 night Edge cruise either.  

.

This is very surprising to us!  In 13 years of "X" cruises, we have never seen this happen.  We have even been offered a chance to book a 14-night package on a 14-night transatlantic cruise.

 

Maybe this is being caused by a shortage of crew members, although we cannot quite figure out why that might be the case. 

 

The only other idea that comes to mind is a financial one.  Celebrity takes a greater and greater loss (in lowered average price) for every additional night that a package is stretched.  Maybe "X" has found that a lot of guests do not desire to visit a specialty restaurant on a cruise's final night -- after they have packed their bags and may want to go to bed, prior to early disembarkation. 

.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My guess is that X offers the 30% discount for the 1st night specialty restaurants. There is no need for a package on that night. In other words on a 7 night cruise you buy the 1st night special 30% discount and the 6 night package if you want to eat in a specialty restaurant each night. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, RICCruisers said:

My guess is that X offers the 30% discount for the 1st night specialty restaurants. There is no need for a package on that night. In other words on a 7 night cruise you buy the 1st night special 30% discount and the 6 night package if you want to eat in a specialty restaurant each night. 

That does make sense, @RICCruisers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Celebrity in the past has indicated that you are required to dine in a specialty restaurant the first night with a dining package.  We have had them allow us to switch it to the second night.  Is that no longer an expectation or not your experience? If not, it is a little better priced option to use the first night discount and to buy one less night with the dining package for the option I was looking at.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/22/2021 at 7:28 PM, like2cruise said:

Celebrity in the past has indicated that you are required to dine in a specialty restaurant the first night with a dining package.  We have had them allow us to switch it to the second night.  Is that no longer an expectation or not your experience? If not, it is a little better priced option to use the first night discount and to buy one less night with the dining package for the option I was looking at.

On our 2017 Inner Passage Alaska cruise on the Solstice, we used our 3rd night at Murano.  The 5th night at Tuscan Grille, so we did not do 1st or 2nd nights.  We booked the May 2017 cruise in August 2016 and only purchased two specialty dining nights.  Don't know if that number is still allowed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: PONANT Cruises & Expeditions
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...