"Network Improvements in Progress at the Location You Have Dialed"

gone_cruisin

Anyone else trying to get a hold of Carnival to make changes/cancel their cruise and getting this automated answer from the recording?  I sat on hold for an hour around 3pm, but Carnival ended up hanging up on me.  Figured I would try calling again later tonight - but now not able to get through at all.

Edited by gone_cruisin

19 minutes ago, gone_cruisin said:

Anyone else trying to get a hold of Carnival to make changes/cancel their cruise and getting this automated answer from the recording?  I sat on hold for an hour around 3pm, but Carnival ended up hanging up on me.  Figured I would try calling again later tonight - but now not able to get through at all.

Yes, happened to me yesterday, have not tried since then. Good luck.

21 minutes ago, nycruise1 said:

I got this message too yesterday, kind of scary it still is a problem. I have some time so I am waiting a bit before trying again

Our final payment is due in 10 days and we do not intend to sail under these new policies.  Also stuck with a non-refundable Early Saver booking - so this should be a fun conversation.

Had that issue on Monday when I tried to call. Called and tried a few different options (payment, vaccination status, etc) and got the same thing.

I then called back yesterday and had no on hold music a few times but finally called and got the background music/whatever you want to call it.

Undoubtedly Carnival is slammed right now, so failing to get through (and perhaps ending up with a voicemail / muzak channel that is also now overwhelmed) is very likely.  Just keep trying, eventually you should get through.  Just keep in mind that probably tens of thousands of people are trying to call.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Undoubtedly Carnival is slammed right now, so failing to get through (and perhaps ending up with a voicemail / muzak channel that is also now overwhelmed) is very likely.  Just keep trying, eventually you should get through.  Just keep in mind that probably tens of thousands of people are trying to call.

And can you imagine what a problem this is for TAs trying to get through. Plus it ties up their phone lines when their clients try to reach them.