Allure Concierge Lounge

Looking at the Royal App for the first time in forever.  Noticed that the DL on deck 11 is now labeled CL

20210722_060519.thumb.jpg.fb55eeb4f1beee00504e6e931525cdf1.jpg

Typical Royal, or ominous change?

• Like 1

That’s interesting.  I’m really surprised to see them bring back the “Concierge” terminology when they’ve all but eliminated it on most of the other ships.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, CSHS1979 said:

Looking at the Royal App for the first time in forever.  Noticed that the DL on deck 11 is now labeled CL

20210722_060519.thumb.jpg.fb55eeb4f1beee00504e6e931525cdf1.jpg

Typical Royal, or ominous change?

Concierge Lounge was the original designation for this area.  I can't remember if I have ever seen it labeled as Diamond Lounge in the RCI ship diagrams although DL is  the designation on the App.  

Edited by SherriZ366
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

Just checked App and it says Concierge Lounge but with a Suite Lounge (Limited to Suite passengers only at least temporarily) on Deck 17, who would use the Deck 11 lounge?  

Diamond plus

Just now, George C said:

Diamond plus

We're D+ so that works -- the Lounge is a good size but not able to handle all Ds, D+s and Ps.  It could be D+ and Pinnacle as Ps are not able to use the SL (this is supposed to be temporary).  

That would be interesting if pinnacle could not use suite lounge , last time we did sister ship oasis that was the majority of the passengers there, we are diamond plus but also in a suite on Allure in November.

10 minutes ago, George C said:

That would be interesting if pinnacle could not use suite lounge , last time we did sister ship oasis that was the majority of the passengers there, we are diamond plus but also in a suite on Allure in November.

I think the Concierges would rather have the Ps in the SL as there would be more passengers to tip.  One of the documents I saved about C&A changes stated this

image.png.1f83af9eb67a809346159d56f78f6d11.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, SherriZ366 said:

I think the Concierges would rather have the Ps in the SL as there would be more passengers to tip.  One of the documents I saved about C&A changes stated this

image.png.1f83af9eb67a809346159d56f78f6d11.png

-- hoping this change will be temporary as we are on track to make Pinnacle after our January cruise.  

Allure was supposed to be amped, which would have moved the Diamond Club down to Deck four. Perhaps this was a change that didn't happen. The RCL website still lists the space as the Diamond Club.

• Like 1

The Concierge Lounge or Diamond Lounge (whatever you want to call it) on Deck 11 has a much better view than the Suites Lounge.  It overlooks Boardwalk and you get a view of the ocean.   The view from the Suites Lounge is the pool area with a view of people who should not be wearing speedos.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

I much prefer the view from the SL/CK to the deck 11 DL.  

View is great from suite lounge on oasis class, I have no issues with pinnacle there but they did take up most of the bar seats at happy hour , never a big issue we always get drink package anyway.

3 hours ago, Janet524 said:

The Concierge Lounge or Diamond Lounge (whatever you want to call it) on Deck 11 has a much better view than the Suites Lounge.  It overlooks Boardwalk and you get a view of the ocean.   The view from the Suites Lounge is the pool area with a view of people who should not be wearing speedos.

I like them both especially compared to the Diamond Lounge being located on Deck 4 forward inside with no windows.  

Posted (edited)

If I remember correctly, isn't there a concierge exclusive to diamond and up members in the lounge? I think we utilized them more than once last time and they were very helpful. If I can't access the lounge now,  Is there something to replace this? 

Edited by g8rchick

12 hours ago, g8rchick said:

If I remember correctly, isn't there a concierge exclusive to diamond and up members in the lounge? I think we utilized them more than once last time and they were very helpful. If I can't access the lounge now,  Is there something to replace this? 

Concierge Lounges accessibility changed to D+ and up a few years ago.  However I think the Lounge on Deck 11 is really a DL and the diagram is wrong

Posted (edited)

We sailed Allure  back in January of  2011 and I THINK the lounge was called the concierge lounge.  There was no suite lounge back then.    We had access as  D+ and there was a D lounge on deck 6 overlooking the promenade.   

In fact - there may not have been suite lounges on any ship then.  This was prior to   the  conversion from credits to points.  Is that when Pinnacle was created? 

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

26 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

We sailed Allure  back in January of  2011 and I THINK the lounge was called the concierge lounge.  There was no suite lounge back then.    We had access as  D+ and there was a D lounge on deck 6 overlooking the promenade.   

In fact - there may not have been suite lounges on any ship then.  This was prior to   the  conversion from credits to points.  Is that when Pinnacle was created? 

M

Ah the good old days.  You could even get a hot breakfast in the lounge back then

• Like 1

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

Ah the good old days.  You could even get a hot breakfast in the lounge back then

Those were the good all days! Here’s a scary thought. Years from now we may look back at our present day and refer to them  as “the good all days. 😱

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

Didn't qualify back then. We were DL folks

• Like 1